Tuning Daystate RedWolf HP 30 cal

If you are going up the porting may need to be changed.

I was talking with AOA, not to long ago, about what it would take to make my .22 RedWolf into a .25. The items you have mentioned as well as possible porting was the answer I got. Though if I were to go down in caliber size it would be much easier. Then it would just be the above parts, and some tweaking of the Heliboard.

Csbrown5 I just did that exact thing about a month ago! I have only shot the JSB 25.39 redesigned out of it other than through the crony I also shot some 18 grainers. On the low power setting I'm getting 945 FPS with the 25.39's with very good accuracy and I haven't had a chance to tune at all yet with the tuner. but I don't think I will see much improvement as it's that good!! The 18's were almost 1100 FPS so I didn't mess with them at all. I can only imagine what you could do with slugs as the power would be unlimited. I mostly use the gun now for pesting and didn't need 30 cal. for that so that's why the change. It took me almost 6 months to get the kit so get one ordered as it seems to work out fine and is super simple to change over. Good luck J.L.

Greg-_E I also have a Red Wolf (low power in .177) that I use for Field Target. I just can not warm up to the looks of the Delta Wolf either, It might be the greatest gun in the world but I will never know as I just couldn't have a gun that damn ugly. That big box on the back of it that holds the electronics and battery I guess just looks so out of place and like a preschooler designed it to me! But to each his own I guess!! You sure don't hear or see much about them sense the the first ones hit the USA J.L.

I shot this group today
25F76183-7CBA-42D7-9D91-03FDFFED938C.1651449638.jpeg
D8007B52-685D-4A99-AED2-4BDEDAF700A0.1651449639.jpeg
115 yards with my Rosso standard 25 caliber 

I agree... great group 👍

A little clarification ... a std power and HP barrel are NOT interchangeable. Any std is interchangeable with any other std. Any HP is interchangeable with any other HP. The valves and some of the frames have different sized ports. A 25 cal HP shares the port size of the 30 and is the largest (most flow). A 177 has smallest ports and the 22 is in between it and the 25. The frame port can be enlarged and the valve body port can be enlarged or valve body swapped. As was mentioned you can go down in caliber with only a barrel and probe but going up may require more cost or work. (Port enlarging) A std should not really be a base for a HP upgrade. The valves and frame can be ported but the breech end barrel mounting is too much different .

Sorry if I misunderstood that you had a std that you were hoping to upgrade the power, earlier.

Hope this helps...

Bob