• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Redwolf HP .22

Thanks for the idea of other pellets to try...

Sure, they are supposed to shoot the heavy redesigned monster better than the rest. I'm fine with that. The thing is here, so far, I can simply forget the low power setting, which I still find interesting when I want to do some paper punching at 40-50 meters and get a higher shot count. But I'll give a try to some other pellets...

I use 75 hardness Viton orings, also I'm shocked your RW doesn't like the 18.1s on low. I get 870fps on low and they are a laser out to 100 yards. I switched to the Redesign for the downrange energy and ability to buck the wind better. Where I shoot we run into feather and fur so I want a hammer when the sudden opportunity arises with a woodchuck or raccoon. I shoot my Redesigned JSBs on high at 960fps and the gun loves that fps. Keep shooting it, barrels do need to break in. 

I've only shot about a hundred rounds through my Redwolf hp22. The first pellet I shot was jsb 15.89 which my Daystate Regal shoots very accurate. Velocity in low was 929 feet per second and not accurate in the Redwolf I figured medium and high would push the15.89 pellet too fast for any real accuracy so didn't bother shooting those. Jsb 18.13 in low was 874 fps. and medium was 971 fps. both accurate at 25 and 50 yards .The redesigned jsb 25.39 in medium were 836 fps. and high was 924fps. both shot great at 50 yards .I didn't bother shooting the the .25.39 in low or at 25 yards as I thought both would yield poor results.These pics are at 50 yards shooting redesigned jsb 25.39 right out of the tin, ten shot group on the left and a five-shot group on the right.
1543435779_20937080065bfef603a540b1.38659929_20181124_165614_HDR.jpg

Hi.. I recently bought a Red Wolf HP .22 and cant get it to group with any pellets.. my BB gun gets better groups... so I took the mag out... and... use the single shot tray... problem solved!! Its pellet on pellet now.. Just.. I use mine for pest control and dont have time to single load every time... Whats that all about.. Why does Daystate even suply it with a magazine.. Is there a mag I can buy?? that works in the RW or does anybody know of a pellet that works well when u use the mag?

@Nathaniel I’m having the same accuracy problems! JSB 18.1 is going everywhere out of 10... at 30m indoors I got some hits out of target completely! 10 shots were spread a palm. Not even a cheap chinese gun make me so disgusting. And I’ve chroned my HP at low with 3 different tins of JSB18 and same result. They speed between 247~250,7m/s. Too low in my opinion.

AoA fine tuned that rifle they reviewed, there’s no other explanation. How they did great groups with 3 kind of pellets, 3 power levels just out of the box???

does anyone here can share the setup used with that programmer jig? Here in Brazil this rifle cost as much as a new economic car. Too much money spent in an electronic shotgun

My Red Wolf 22 HP won't shoot anything in a group at 50 yards. Borescope shows 2 grooves with severe flaws others with radial cuts. This is damaging the pellet skirt as it passes. Throws pellets at random. At time you can get 2 to 3 to hit close. Then the next might fly inch plus out. Sent it in for service. Was told this is one of better RW had seen. That doesn't say much for barrel quality. That was AOA that did service. Or what they called service. Have email out to Daystate UK. Waiting for their response. Was told they will tell me to take it back to dealer. Already did that. See what happens. Mean time looking for new barrel options. Might be able to put FX system on it. Looks promising at this point. Need a couple parts and some lathe time. Also looking at LW barrel. I hope the one on my gun isn't LW like I read here.

Well,

Here am I, back from my tests. I finally received some JSB Monster redesigned. I shot the first pellet down range and it went directly to the aimpoint. The next four pellets just followed the same way. Five groups of five in an 1/2 inch at 60 meters (the small target is 1 inch). Just fine, exactly what you expect from that kind of gun.

View attachment 27990

I thought something might have changed (I disassembled, cleaned, checked, reassembled....). So I switched back to low power and took some JSB Jumbo Heavy (18gr). The first pellet hit the target below mine, the second went into a target in the above row. Just awful! Totally unusable. 5 shots - more than 4 inches at the same distance.

So here is my question: Are those poor results with the 18gr common to all those guns? Do I specially have a barrel that is extremely picky with pellets?

Although this gun is a pleasure to shoot and extremely accurate with the monster redesigned, I have the feeling that I lost the promised versatility: the idea of switching power and pellets according to the needs.

It still is a woonderful gun and almost a piece of art, however I'm still wondering whether I should keep it or send it back. I'm fully satisfied with the results with the redesigned monsters but at the same time, a little disappointed that I can't use anything else. When you watch AOA's review of the gun, they achieve good results with different kind of pellets.

It's totally understandable and normal that the barrel has its favourite pellet but it my case, the others are not just a little less accurate, they're just impossible to use properly.

Food for thought....
In my case that is why I sold the guns that shoot 18g To much inconsistencies in the jsb line you are even lucky the 25g worked those been giving problems for a while now.. I shoot only slugs - or cast bullets..I keept my .177 compact because even though is my pellet shooter it shoot flat base slugs awesome to.. I have a Corbin press on order to be able to make the slugs my guns like to bad they are not doing swaying pellet dies like the ones aviable from Japan.

I cant speak to your gun, but I had a similar experience with my Prophet.
You mentioned 270mps. That is roughly 885fps and that is where I got terrible accuracy with the 25.39 Jumbo Monsters, both regular and redesigned.

I adjusted to where I was getting 925 fps and still not getting consistent accuracy.
Finally pushed it out to 1025 and groups tightened up to an acceptable level. That was just this morning, so I am sure I still have some fine tuning to do, but mostly I think I just need to do better on my part now.

Good luck with your Red Wolf. I am sure you can get it shooting well.

Oh man! I just saw how old this thread is!
Gotta love old post resurrections.