Daystate Red Wolf vs FX M3, New On The Air Gunning Question..

I just subscribe to this forum but I been reading a lot of good content on this forum for the last few month so i think this is a good place to place my question...

Recently i got in to the air gunning ''PCP Air Rifle'', i don't know how i got hooked in this amassing hobby and the thing is I'm in now and I don't think and don't want to get out of it now 😁.. so before i bought my first pcp air rifle and only one i have right now i did some research watching youtube videos and looking for reviews on air guns to see which one was the best option to get and Daystate rifles and FX Guns come on top and they got my attention, so since I live close to AoA i went there and bought this amassing Daystate Red Wolf HP full electronic rifle in .25 caliber AND NOW i see all this videos and reviews of the FX Impact M3 and how popular this gun is (i might been brain washed) and how great looks and performs... now I'm scratching my head thinking which one is better in general terms lets say power, range, reliability etc. etc. etc.

this forum is full of experienced air gunners and good members and i know i can find a good answer here.

pls tell me what you think about each gun the Red Wolf HP which is the one i have and the Impact M3 with the 700 mm barrel

apologies for my bad English, not my native language....

For many, myself included, the 'traditional rifle' form factor of the Red Wolf, as compared to the 'bullpup' form factor of the Impacts (any iteration), is easier to shoot accurately out of the box, off the bench. 

In my hands the Red Wolfs are the most accurate rifles I own out beyond 50 yards. And I also own MkII and M3 Impacts (including one with a 700mm barrel). I have not had a single issue with a Red Wolf, but an Impact I purchased new in March of this year already has a leaking valve, and I have repair parts in hand from FX. But now I have to tear into it for the repair (I could have returned it to FX but I would have been without the gun for some time, and I would have had to pay the return shipping cost). 

Also in my experience, Daystate as a manufacturer probably takes the most time with the tuning optimization of their guns before boxing them up and sending them to their customers. Your Red Wolf will shoot incredibly well right out of the box (and it gives you the handy 3 power levels), whereas you might have to muck about for a bit getting the Impact to shoot as you want it.

I think that you made a fine choice for your first PCP air rifle.

Reactions: tsktsk07
I know this was the right place to ask any question about air gunning. @cimatera @Glem.Chally @TMH @reza than you for your great comments really appreciate it and @TMH you are right, the Red Wolf shot great and accurate out o the box and for me as new on this hobby tuning a gun or do some tweaks on the M3 to make it shot right, hmmm i have to think that twice and i probable have to walk the road a little bit more to learn that.

thanks for your help, i was already thinking about 3 options

1; selling the Red Wolf and preorder the M3 depending on answers or comments of this tread

2; keeping the Red Wolf and preorder the M3 but that's a bit costly

3; keep scratching my head and dealing with the itch witch I don't think it was goin to work

now im clearing my head and the itch start to go away

I expect you will love the Wolf and it is a very well built and accurate gun. The difference between it and the M3 would be in the tuning of the gun. The M3 has so many adjustments that can be made to the tune and available FX and aftermarket parts for the gun it is just crazy. You will be somewhat limited in what you can do with the Wolf in these ways.

Have an impact myself waiting for my m3

Reactions: Singleshot
The love for FX guns in this group is quite high. Many more FX guns are purchased than Daystates and the chances of hearing about more problems become higher also. It is difficult to determine if FX guns have more failures than Daystates as a result, but I can tell you this. My two Daystates, a Wolverine R and a Red Wolf have been heavily used with 0 problems in each. If you like the looks and feel of a more traditional gun then Daystate is the better choice. If you want the absolute state of the art gun with all the bells and whistles, look at the Delta Wolf, but like the M3, it is new and has not gone through the ringer as of yet.

FX is innovative, no doubt. Any sleeve and liner design has the potential for consistency issues. Add a shroud and moderator, the barrel system just has too many parts to suit my preference for simplicity. People make excuses for FX reliability by saying they simply sell more. I don't have the numbers to refute that claim, but after owning and observing FX rifles, I don't believe it. I own a Red Wolf. Although I'm not a huge fan of electronic rifles, I've had no issues with mine. I have a Revere, and again, no issues at all. OldWolf, you made a good decision. There is one FX rifle that I believe is very reliable and appropriate for less experienced air gun owners, the Royale. It has the original, Smooth Twist solid barrel, no liner/sleeve, and they tend to be very accurate and problem free. 

Reactions: Singleshot
I just subscribe to this forum but I been reading a lot of good content on this forum for the last few month so i think this is a good place to place my question...

Recently i got in to the air gunning ''PCP Air Rifle'', i don't know how i got hooked in this amassing hobby and the thing is I'm in now and I don't think and don't want to get out of it now 😁.. so before i bought my first pcp air rifle and only one i have right now i did some research watching youtube videos and looking for reviews on air guns to see which one was the best option to get and Daystate rifles and FX Guns come on top and they got my attention, so since I live close to AoA i went there and bought this amassing Daystate Red Wolf HP full electronic rifle in .25 caliber AND NOW i see all this videos and reviews of the FX Impact M3 and how popular this gun is (i might been brain washed) and how great looks and performs... now I'm scratching my head thinking which one is better in general terms lets say power, range, reliability etc. etc. etc.

this forum is full of experienced air gunners and good members and i know i can find a good answer here.

pls tell me what you think about each gun the Red Wolf HP which is the one i have and the Impact M3 with the 700 mm barrel

Sounds like a little buyer's remorse, along with wanting to stay on top of the heap with the best of the best. Its a trap, constantly feeling the need to buy the latest and greatest as there will always one that will be considered better. Don't fall into that as what you bought is a great setup. If you like to tinker then the fx is great as there will always be something you can do to it. The Red wolf HP you have is also great and better than most people's abilities. 

As you probably also seen but not read, there is also a lot of pcps that are just as accurate but don't get the notoriety that the fx gets.

Allen

One of the things I consider when I am purchasing or trying to decide who to choose between the biggest names in a smaller community where I guess it can be measured is what everyone is buying. From the last couple of months since these two releases, it seems there are way more M3s on the market or in consumer's hands. I wasn't 100% sure of this (besides the few DW videos and posts), but AOA actually confirmed it when I was in there playing with a DW trying to make a decision what to save for. I talked to this guy behind the counter, and I was like, how do you like this gun? Did you shot it? you sell it often? ( I was more wondering about sales cause of the price tag) and he said since the release in like November? They've only received one 1/4 shipments. So not that many guns have gone through a decently big dealer. I also talked at Talon tunes, SPAW, Utah, and it seems the M3's are flying off the shelves. So yeah, we may see a couple of people having rough experiences (most of which seems pretty fixable, just maybe some warranty stuff which FX USA is pretty decent at). It seems like there's way more M3's on the market than DW. So do I want the gun with electronics that not that many people seem to be using, or do I want a tried and hardcore tested gun that both may have issues within themselves (and advantages don't get me wrong, both seem to be great guns). 

I really think I will get a Redwolf soon because I want to test it, shoot it, and have a more rounded airgun inventory when it comes to the DW or the M3. I will probably go with the M3 when the money comes around. 

Sounds like a little buyer's remorse, along with wanting to stay on top of the heap with the best of the best. Its a trap, constantly feeling the need to buy the latest and greatest as there will always one that will be considered better. Don't fall into that as what you bought is a great setup. If you like to tinker then the fx is great as there will always be something you can do to it. The Red wolf HP you have is also great and better than most people's abilities. 

As you probably also seen but not read, there is also a lot of pcps that are just as accurate but don't get the notoriety that the fx gets.

Allen

😄 No i don't feel that remorse and i don't want to be on top of the heap... before i acquire the Red wolf i watch and watch videos some of them over and over, not knowing anything about air guns i was trying to get a rifle to enjoy every time that i get my hands on and don't pay much so i bought a cheap one, a Gamo Swarm Maxxim and i just took it couple times to shoot some targets and after that is just sitting in my garage, didn't like it at all.. so at that time i had no clue about PCP guns at all, some how YouTube took care of that, ''my good friend YouTube'' so i start investigating about it and see many low cost guns and many no to low and and i decide, if i want something to enjoy every day i have to pay the price because an air gunner a reviewer said the price sometimes reflect the performance and he might be right and that's why i put my eyes on the FX and Daystate guns, i don't want to have another rifle just sitting in the garage.

Red Wolf is always ready to go out in the Arizona desert and get some target shooting and is a joy to use it... amazing rifle and i totally agree with you guys i made a fine choice buying this rifle, thank you all for your grate comments and help really appreciate that.

still need to acquire a .22 rifle in the near future, can be an FX can be ??? who knows i like good performance to enjoy with friends and family

Thank you all...