Daystate Red Wolf Safari Review

download.png
View attachment 1573397203_16067524985dc822d3a525c3.47992339_PowerSet Programmer Instructions.pdf

I have no idea, but here are the instructions if anyone is interested!

Stoti, I would not hesitate to buy this gun because of this thread!!! This is a WONDERFUL rifle the way it comes out of the box!!!!! It's just that like Spray1Mark says if you want the very last bit of accuracy for the pellet or slug you have chosen to shoot "ANY" rifle needs tweaking to obtain it!! I'm just bummed out that the controller isn't available to us to do it!!

My .177 Red Wolf is the best shooting and easiest to shoot rifle I have ever owned and I have had a number of high end guns including a Steyr that was tuned by A.Z. that was an incredible rifle!! I'm just the kind of person that likes to play around with different things and I can't really do that until the controller is once again available!! Until then I will continue to shoot tiny groups with my stock Red wolf and Safari I'm certain!! Didn't mean to rain on your parade I'm just disappointed that's all!! I'm getting another one this weekend so I can't be too concerned!! J.L.

just attach it to your tesla control panel and you will be good to go

Just my thoughts, I have a red wolf in 22 hp. I have a programmer also, got it to play with tuning with the pellets I shoot. I want to play with slugs in the future so the programmer will be nice. Straight from Daystate it shot amazing with what I put in it including shooting from the magazine. If I had a set pellet and speed I wanted I would be happy to pay for the extra tuning from (art) AOA, it is very time consuming to tune it. Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of pellets used to get the tune. 

I have a steyr and usft for field target, I have changed barrels, regulators and such getting a good tune for the rifles. If I could buy said rifle set up for what I wanted it is money well spent. ie; Thomas rifles are made one off and dialed in from the manufacturer for the specific fps and pellets. Daystates are made by the 1000s ? And set up for optimum to make most end users very happy. Accuracy is outstanding out of the box, but can small changes improve it, probably so. So buy a Daystate and be happy out of the box, or have the art tune done and probably be very happy, or tune it yourself and get the satisfaction of doing it youself. 

I read posts all day long about about FX modifications, barrel A,B,C slug liner, plenums,mags, probe mods and such. All rifles can be tinkered with or just shoot them as you get them. Be happy with what you have and enjoy them. I'm not negative on FX, but just using as a example as they have the most posts regarding tuning and changes.

So in the end if you want something dialed in for what you shoot, go full on custom and have it set up how you want, benchrest, FT or whatever. 

Would I buy a Safari, absolutely 👍 Would I pay for the ART tune, hell yes. I have sent 1000's of pellets down range trying to get rifles shooting the way I want them. Time is short I would rather spend it shooting rather then testing.

Dave

Just my thoughts, I have a red wolf in 22 hp. I have a programmer also, got it to play with tuning with the pellets I shoot. I want to play with slugs in the future so the programmer will be nice. Straight from Daystate it shot amazing with what I put in it including shooting from the magazine. If I had a set pellet and speed I wanted I would be happy to pay for the extra tuning from (art) AOA, it is very time consuming to tune it. Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of pellets used to get the tune. 

I have a steyr and usft for field target, I have changed barrels, regulators and such getting a good tune for the rifles. If I could buy said rifle set up for what I wanted it is money well spent. ie; Thomas rifles are made one off and dialed in from the manufacturer for the specific fps and pellets. Daystates are made by the 1000s ? And set up for optimum to make most end users very happy. Accuracy is outstanding out of the box, but can small changes improve it, probably so. So buy a Daystate and be happy out of the box, or have the art tune done and probably be very happy, or tune it yourself and get the satisfaction of doing it youself. 

I read posts all day long about about FX modifications, barrel A,B,C slug liner, plenums,mags, probe mods and such. All rifles can be tinkered with or just shoot them as you get them. Be happy with what you have and enjoy them. I'm not negative on FX, but just using as a example as they have the most posts regarding tuning and changes.

So in the end if you want something dialed in for what you shoot, go full on custom and have it set up how you want, benchrest, FT or whatever. 

Would I buy a Safari, absolutely 👍 Would I pay for the ART tune, hell yes. I have sent 1000's of pellets down range trying to get rifles shooting the way I want them. Time is short I would rather spend it shooting rather then testing.

Dave

Excellent post Dave and from personal experience as well!