Daystate Red Wolf Safari Fill Port O-Rings

hopefully this diagram provides what you need. I have not been able to source the O-ring (urethane) or dowty seal, so if you find a source please post here. Thanks
1597917465_1286358815f3e491971e874.30721498.png
1597917465_5701582695f3e4919ed0eb5.72190678.png

It was inside the fill nipple. There is a spring loaded shuttle valve inside that allows one-way air flow, and it was on the surface of the little piston. Just have to unscrew the nipple. Neither of those was a Red Wolf, and since there is no reg plenum, I assume you will need to degas the rifle. Not sure if the RW bottle has the standard one way valve that allows you to remove it without losing all the air. Worst case, you would just drain the rifle when you crack the fill nipple seal. You could get some advice on that from AOA, or a tech familiar with the RW. If you loosen the nipple under pressure, then you will likely have to replace that O ring. If it's leaking through the shuttle valve, it will bubble liquid applied to the nipple hole. If the base O ring is leaking, it will bubble there. If neither place bubbles, it's not the problem.

there is a thread over on the daystate forum where a guy indicated that he removed the fill nipple to bleed the cylinder and then when he went to refill things the system leaked and he had to change the seals. I recently emptied the cylinder (by dry firing) and when the pressure got down low I heard a hissing noise and I'm pretty sure there was a leak. ONce I refilled back to above 50bar that noise went away and no leaks! LMK if you cant find the thread on the daystate forum

Interestingly I contacted AoA today about the leak and asked if they could supply the o-ring and Dowty seals. The gun is still under warranty but I don't want to go through the whole ship and wait process. Rich, who is a great guy to deal with, said he'd rather I contacted their repair department via email with my problem to see what they thought. That, rather than tearing into it myself before the problem is fully understood. They do, after all, have a video on You Tube called Daystate Fill Port Leak Repair which is very good at showing how to fix this problem - you just need the o-rings and seals.

My leak shows up in two ways. One, if I slowly bleed the fill line after a full fill, the Red Wolf pressure gauge keeps dropping along with the pressure in the hose. This looks like the piston/check valve is not closing under pressure from the gun's tank and releasing air.

Two, If I quickly bleed the line after a fill (250 BAR) I can get the pressure to stabilize at 245 BAR. Then in about 2-3 hours the pressure in the gun drops to 237 BAR and stays there. No matter what pressure I fill the gun to, it still leaks to 237 BAR after a few Hours.

If not the fill port piston o-ring, then the pressure gauge is wrong which I highly doubt. Seems the piston finally is able to hold in the pressure if it is at 237 BAR or below. Hopefully a simple fix.

You're not leaking. Your gun (REDWOLF RIGHT?) sounds perfectly fine. You lose some pressure after the tank cools down after filling especially if you fill it too quick.

That digital LCD screen with BAR pressure is too worrisome for most who never owned a Daystate Electronic gun before. If it was an analog manometer you would hardly even notice.

If you release the bleed valve from your Still connected to the gun tank TOO SLOWLY!!! then of course the check valve won't close thats how I degass some of my guns!

Stop worrying over nothing!

I only fill all my guns rated at 3000psi and over ONLY settle to 3000psi max since I don't want to deal with long term leaks and want to have less stress on the seals.

I fill my primary go to Redwolf to 3100-3150psi. Next day They are at 3000psi. Been like that since the first day I got it. Very similar phenomenon with my Pulsars and Redwolfs. Just fill SLOWLY! And cool down to 100-150psi. Release bleed valve QUICKLY!

Thanks Yo, for settling me down. You are probably right about the digital read out providing too much information. The actual drop is only 5% of the fill target anyway, 250 Bar (3625 psi) to 237 Bar (3452 psi). If I overfill, release bleed valve quickly I should expect it to drop right in my fill target range. I will also take your advice and not fill too high to save stress on my seals. I'm surprised though that you only fill to 3,000 psi, that's only 200 Bar on a 250 Bar bottle. But I'm sure it saves long term pressure wear on you valves and o rings.

To your second point - telling me to - HAVE A GO - you almost had me tearing down the whole rifle until I saw you said cancel! (NOT!)

Last thing I want to do is rip into my new gun which is performing perfectly, except for my perceived leaking problem.

Oh, and I rarely take you literally, except when I know you mean it.

Thanks again, I'll sleep better now.