• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf or Wolverine (177 or 25)

Those videos are all the proof I need!

It's going to be a Red Wolf HP. Looks like the 177 hits with athourity. I guess the programmer is not really optional.

I have the regular version of the Red Wolf in .177cal (HP was not available) and am very impressed with the rifle. If the HP would have been available I would not have ordered a HP version in .22cal, but I did. I think the .177cal HP would be just about perfect for everything 100 yards and under. Especially with slugs.

1586791716_6096577255e948524bb4560.88728714.jpeg

1586791748_689766095e9485441725b6.11031262.jpeg

1586791777_15946390695e948561284a93.93916793.jpeg

My wife's and also a friend's 177 HP also are at least that good with the Beasts. It's got to be the nicest to shoot in our whole collection .... well maybe second to her Wolverine R.in 177... but that's more limited in range. Part of both being nice is that we have silencers that make them incredibly quiet. They are just very mellow and quiet and VERY accurate ..... both with their factory barrels. A couple of notes, though. The Beasts in this barrel really need to go fast. At 930, groups were really falling apart after 75. At 970, they're hangin in till past 100 as well as seeming to be more accurate even. We've not found a good combo at sub 20 ft lb, yet. Haven't tried REALLY hard , but it just doesn't compare to the W R for sub 20 ft lb. Your results may vary, of course. Lastly , the barrels in the standards are shorter AND smaller so not interchangeable with the HP poly's. All HP's are poly's.

The 25 cals use a lot more air and technique is much more important for real consistency , fwiw. They DO smack harder if that's important. 

I've not shot any of the Wolverine HP's except the 25, so can't give you a reference there. The W R 25 HP is a wonderful rifle but I feel the 22 is a better fit there. Btw, I LIKE the W R stock so that's definitely a personal thing.

Bob

Two important points on the RW .177 HP;

1) Even the low power curve on the HP RW is too fast to shoot 8.44g pellets, in fact mine will not even shoot the 10.34g on low power, however the high power curve is too fast for the 13g Monsters, of course if you have the programmer you can rectify this.

2) As Bob says the shank diameters are different on the std & HP versions, 12mm std & 14mm HP, but it is very easy to turn down the HP 14mm poly barrel shank down to 12mm and re-cut the O ring grooves if you have access to a lathe.

3) Following on from above fitting the HP barrel (after modification) to the standard power RW works very very well, in fact the HP barrel fitted to the std gun will shoot the 8.44g & 10.34g EXTREMELY well without modification to the programming.

4) The RW HP shoots the NIELSEN .177 slugs out of the box amazingly well, Soren actually makes his own slugs by re-forming pellets.

My .177 RW HP is by far my favorite gun!

I have enjoyed this thread a lot and it has made me go back to considering picking up a 177 again. One thing to keep in mind with Soren's amazing shooting, he does have his RW jacked up on power to get those Beasts shooting at that speed. It is not the factory tune.

I have The Heliboard installed in my Red Wolf .177 HP 👍

I have 12 different power levels, so I can shoot anything from JSB 8.44 gr to JSB Beast 16.2 gr and slugs upto 21 gr 😃

I have enjoyed this thread a lot and it has made me go back to considering picking up a 177 again. One thing to keep in mind with Soren's amazing shooting, he does have his RW jacked up on power to get those Beasts shooting at that speed. It is not the factory tune.

I have The Heliboard installed in my Red Wolf .177 HP 👍

I have 12 different power levels, so I can shoot anything from JSB 8.44 gr to JSB Beast 16.2 gr and slugs upto 21 gr 😃

Yeah. I saw that in one of the other threads. I was about to go sell some stuff and buy another RW when I first saw your posts with the Beasts. Then I saw one of those threads about the Heliboard and had to hit the brakes. I have been trying to find something cheaper and less powerful than my Impact 30, and I have been very tempted to get a RW 177. They are just too expensive right now and don't come up used. I also have to remind myself who is shooting that rifle with those amazing groups and it isn't me. I enjoy your posts a lot! 👊

I'll have to throw something else in the mix after yesterday . RB brought up a RW Standard with g2 board in 22 for us to test. The g2 is the Safari board . It has the short, standard rifled barrel. Did 920 on Hi w 25.4s, 954 on med w 18.1s, 880 on lo w 16s. It shot 1 hole at 50 yds with all 3 and shot extremely well even at 100. In the low wind lulls we were even at the moa or close w all 3 at 100. It shot 20.2, 23.0, and 24.8 NSA slugs in .217 just as good and 20.2 and 24.8 NSA slugs in .218 extremely well too. Very pleasant and mellow to shoot.... similar to the 177HP.

It was a surprise to me and a worthy consideration plus not as long and a little lighter than the HP.

We may post up some groups today. 

Bob

I also have to remind myself who is shooting that rifle with those amazing groups and it isn't me. I enjoy your posts a lot! 👊

Thank you very much ! 👍

I was told the other day that the performance was all about the rifle and NOT the shooter 😂😂😂 With a Red Wolf you could only shoot very well !

Made me laugh a lot and I did say thank you to the guy 👍😂