• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf HP .22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also sent a report to Daystate, we will see how well they stand behind there product?, also want to say we should all give a shout-out to Dano46 he brought this to light for me and many others on this forum!, I’ve only had my RW for about 3-wks and wasn’t aware until reading this post and doing my own investigation along with collaborating with him on this matter. “ also want to add I will be fixing the Mag. My self in the meantime as to be able to utilize this feature of this very fine rifle.”

Joe

100% on the shout out to Dano46. He has done us all a great service.

Keep us posted on your progress with the mag fix!

This is very puzzling for me, I dont shoot at all with a single shot tray and just a day ago I was picking off thorns off a tree at 50 yards with my RW HP. I have the mark, it's not as deep as some have shown but I have not seen any accuracy issues. If the thousands of rounds theory is true and enough bolt metal has been removed why isn't more new RW owners or all Daystate owners having the issue when they first buy their guns? Not saying it's not an issue, I hate seeing Mark's on my bolt. Just weird how this has effected one gun so much and not all. Interested in seeing what Daystate has to say. 

This is very puzzling for me, I dont shoot at all with a single shot tray and just a day ago I was picking off thorns off a tree at 50 yards with my RW HP. I have the mark, it's not as deep as some have shown but I have not seen any accuracy issues. If the thousands of rounds theory is true and enough bolt metal has been removed why isn't more new RW owners or all Daystate owners having the issue when they first buy their guns? Not saying it's not an issue, I hate seeing Mark's on my bolt. Just weird how this has effected one gun so much and not all. Interested in seeing what Daystate has to say.

It appears that the fault lies in the magazines. Some work well and others do not therefore it doesn't affect everyone. Maybe there was a bad batch.

I think Hawkeye69 must be right on this as a relative minority of people (as far as I've seen) are getting excellent accuracy out of their mags. Maybe that little 'hook' on the lever is more pronounced on some mags than others, causing a more significant impact on the probe? The mark on your probe may possibly be shallower as it's taking more of a glancing blow?

I think many of us never shot with a single shot tray before this - I know I certainly didn't ever plan on it.

Not to belabor the subject but...If you have a mark on your pellet probe from the magazine lever strike, even if it doesn't affect accuracy, it is still an issue that Daystate should correct. Just because it doesn't affect the gun today doesn't mean it won't in the future, and possibly even affect its resale value. These guns cost in excess of $2000 and shouldn't have such a flaw. The Daystate Owners site has a lengthy thread on the issue so it is not a remote issue.

The image below is the probe on my Pulsar HP which a;so has a magazine accuracy problem.

1546877788_16112213145c337b5c3f5d74.52689895_004.jpg

I posted on the Daystate Facebook site yesterday regarding the problem and received this response:

Daystate Please take a look at the Daystate online support area http://daystate.com/support/.
If you need further information please email us at: [email protected] and your enquiry will be forwarded to the correct department
Thank you and continue to follow us!
Best regards,
Daystate Staff

I received an email from Simon Cockayne in response to my support request regarding this. Pretty generic thing with no particularly useful or encouraging information: 

'I have taken a look at the Airgun Nation page as you requested and did find some reference to magazine inaccuracy as did find same with other manufacturers. Without direct inspection it is challenging to diagnose, but usually due, while not always to other factors. It is not uncommon for a moving part to be effected by any number factors, but in case of magazine dirty sticking (lubricated indirectly after barrel clean) rotor, poor pellet sizing, or even defective magazine. It maybe prudent in your case if satisfied that magazine is clean and free of any rotational hesitence to request replacement magazine from your reseller.'

Certainly hoped for a bit more interest and investigation...

I received an email from Simon Cockayne in response to my support request regarding this. Pretty generic thing with no particularly useful or encouraging information:

I have not received any response from Daystate directly yet with the exception of Facebook. I also emailed them and included images of the pellet probe damage.

Regarding a new magazine, I got a new one for my Renegade from AOA and was told that it probably won't be any better than the old one. It isn't. At that point in time I hadn't bought the Pulsar nor had I noticed the probe damage which I consider to be a serious problem, although paying top dollar for a gun with a 10 shot magazine and having to use it as single shot for proper accuracy is pretty serious too IMO.

If Daystate doesn't step up to make this right I won't ever buy another, that's for certain. I debated buying an Impact versus the Pulsar but the 5 year warranty finally swayed me to pay more for the Daystate, Obviously this is going to affect the resale value of both guns.

Well this doesn’t suprise me!, most manufacturers don’t want to admit they have a engineering, manufacturing or assembly issue, I agree they should honor there committment to building one of the “finest” air rifles currently available! ( REMEMBER 5yr WARRENTY DAYSTATE! )

Now that being said it’s definitely the Mag. Pri. Catch/ release lever contacting the probe! (cleanliness of mag. has no bearing on this defect!)

Joe

Well this doesn’t suprise me!, most manufacturers don’t want to admit they have a engineering, manufacturing or assembly issue, I agree they should honor there committment to building one of the “finest” air rifles currently available! ( REMEMBER 5yr WARRENTY DAYSTATE! )

Now that being said it’s definitely the Mag. Pri. Catch/ release lever contacting the probe! (cleanliness of mag. has no bearing on this defect!)

Joe

Sadly it doesn't surprise me either. Seems to me that the general business practice of manufacturers when it comes to faults is to pretend nothing is wrong and act like the customer is nuts or simply too stupid to diagnose the fault.

Some of the daystate/brocock magazines have a misalignment issue as see in the photos below, aslo make sure your not using a pellet that's not too long. If the pellet is too long it has a tendency to shave off a but of the nose or tail of the pellet. The bit of gold you see is the misaligned magazine. 

1546191071_7941817375c2900df8d60f1.75239914_20181015_185742.jpg

1546191089_3280198795c2900f105c4f5.39385585_20181015_185722.jpg

I had no idea they had those issues.

Damn.

Well, I spent a good chunk of yesterday looking at the magazines I have and testing. I have 177, 22 ,and 25 calibers for mine. The 22 and 25 have marks on the bolt but the magazines do not appear to have alignment issues . I did some careful measuring and the indexing pin protrudes .073" through the plate and the magazines appear to need .064" to activate so I ground .009" off and put a piece of tape on the bolt to check for contact. Still there. None of mine seem to affect accuracy. I'm getting mostly sub .5" at 50 regardless . 

So I'm wondering ... are the magnet and positioning pin on the magazine in the proper location ?

My wife had that issue with hers and we had to move the magnet and positioning pin to get the magazine to center up properly on the bore.

Just a thought. ... Not seeing any real reason for the magazine to cause accuracy issues though I am acknowledging some may be experiencing it .

Bob 

Status
Not open for further replies.