• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf HP .22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Spray.. I'm so sorry to see that your sad "it makes me sad" but I paid full price for the hole gun and not half price for just "part" of it. As you are the only one I know of that dont have any probe damage and can shoot better groups with the mag than the single shot tray, (not even the Daystate Team can do that) you must have a fast line to the Daystate boys.. so tell us all.. when is the upgrade coming out?? So that we bottom line Red Wolf owners who cannot afford 5 can also benefit? Ya, and when I want to hit something at "25 yards" I useally just pick up a stone and throw it to death.. no need to waste pellets at 25 yards. Try 200 meters and then you can talk again so that I can laugh again.

LOL! okay point taken! firstly the group in the picture is nowhere near my best grouping at 25 yards, that is with the single shot tray for sure. I openly admit to 25 yards being nothing to write home about as far as distance goes, but I run an indoor shooting club and 25 yards is what we have, still air and it's how I benchmark accuraccy of all my airguns.

But further to that I can assure you that absolutely cannot lecture me on what is long range, I shoot 2500 yards with .338 lapua, have shot rabbits past 1200 yards, shot sub 1" groups at 600 yards with my 6BR and screamers with the 6PPC Stolle years back. You may even see my photos in Varmint hunter club in the 2000's if you knew that publication.

I will be on the range at 200 plus in the summer, thats why I bought the .30 Crown and have a .25 Redwolf HP coming, as I said however my probes may simply be perfect because I mainly shoot single shot, who knows? but I can say from experience the one time I had a problem with a Daystate rifle it was sorted for me without question.

I said what I said with respect for you, perhaps you might do the same.

Okay!, just my opinion but lets keep this on track (me included!) Dano46 tipped us off to a problem with the mag. Lever hitting the pellet probe which in turn is “damaging” said probe, also this can be effecting accuracy (which I believe to be the case in my particular rifle? ) this problem is also more dependent on the severity of impact or over travel from gun to gun which seems to be an honest observation considering my freinds exact same rifle has less impact damage to probe using his mag.! I want to keep Daystate honest on there warranty and for them to replace our DAMAGED PROBES w/ NEW, and a REDESIGNED MAG. That fixes this impact damage to probe! it’s the least they can do... because I don’t believe their R&D department designed the pellet probe to be a SACRIFICIAL PART... even if they did I want a new probe! ((( “So I see they closed down this thread... but Daystate admittedly said the HP version ”ACTUATOR” in the action that strikes this MAG. Indexing Lever strikes harder w/ more energy! So redesign mag. Redesign bleed air port for HP VERSIONS and or redesign pellet probe to give more cleance for this MAG. Indexing lever!!! Simple... they will sell still be profitable! IMO!” )))

Reactions: Aimright
Here is the word from Daystate according to the AOA in an email I received regarding the pellet probe damage on my Renegade. The 3 important points are:

That is a normal marking from the magazine actuator lever and has no effect on accuracy or function.

This is not covered under the factory warranty.

Daystate let us know they will not cover this issue from this point forward.

So there you have it, according to Daystate this is normal:

1547585873_855079355c3e4951cab4c5.41339507_001 (5).jpg

So much for breaking the mold. 

Company policy = 'Just tell them nothing is wrong - they're really stupid and will accept that if we say it with conviction'. How on earth do they explain the crappy accuracy then?

To me this probe chipping really is no more excusable than those kral cocking levers that bent and snapped.

@dano46 - 'Airgun nut' is a machinist, not an engineer. He doesn't even service the guns. Also has a history (at least with me) of 'coloring' the facts when it suits him. Did you get your gun through another retailer? Unless maybe you're talking about Wyan. Not sure whether he might be one, but he said nothing about a new mag design being on the cards when I asked him about the issues people are having. Anyway I hope it's true an updated one is coming, although Hawkeyes post doesn't leave me very optimistic 

Daystate has been caught with their pants down around their ankles and the pathetic thing is that they aren't "big" enough to man up and deal with the issue.

No, FX isn't perfect either. In fact the entire industry is a far cry from reliability established by the powder-burner firearms industry (not that they're all perfect either).

It's pick your poison and deal with the ramifications, when it comes to air guns.

I do enjoy my RW .22HP, but jeez... $2800??? Whatever. It was my choice to peel off the big bills and fork them over.

O K Spray.. point taken. I'll always be the first one to put my hand up if I am or was in the wrong. I just wish that Daystate can grow some and do the same. This is not theory anymore its fact. Many people get the probe damage and apart with that the accuracy problems when using the mag. So I just feel that I did not get what was advertised or said by them. My Red Wolf is still the best and I will never part with it and not a day goes by when I do not admire its sheer beauty and accuracy (sst). Its part of my life now... not like a marriage becuase we know that dont last.

Im not a expert marksman like you but just a plain farmer... but...

I can see a challange coming becoause for when your winter is over you can call me out for a 200 meter 5 hot group to be posted on this forum?

I'll be using my RW .22 HP

Respect is earned

Just after AOA posted they shut this forum down.. sorry guys.. no more posts.. I can still edit so maybe becoase i started topic.. lol lol .. so please dont say anything that is true about the probe damage as they will shut you down 2!!!.. lol lol.

Thank you all for your information and feedback. We have been in communication with the Daystate factory regarding this matter. The mark from the magazine on the bolt probe does not impact performance in our extensive testing. It is a function of the high power guns striking the indexing assembly with added force. The impacted area on the probe is not part of the cycling action or sealing surfaces. It is only a cosmetic issue. Daystate has assured us that there is no functional concern with this issue, and we have confirmed in our testing. If the cosmetic mark is unacceptable to a current owner within their warranty period, Daystate has authorized a replacement through their US service center.

AOA Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.