• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf GURU\'s, Got a question fo you!!

Thanks 5thumbs. Is it really 2mm X 15mm for that actuator pin o-ring?

JB, If you end up ordering one, can you share the catalog # from your source. My head exploded when I tried to find replacement o-rings online for the redwolf. If you end up changing it, would appreciate if you could share if it is an easy swap.
1591737407_2478415355edffc3f37c290.24722468.png

Guy's Sorry I'm so long getting back to this, been very busy last couple days!! AOA got back to me and they believe its some of the internal o-rings. I hope they are correct but I have my doubts as I cant find (hear) /see no air escaping from anywhere using one ply of toilet tissue paper from every angle possible angle with the gun out of the stock. They are sending me a complete kit and said that If I can't fix it that they would have it picked up /fixed and returned to me at no charge.Can't beat that!! I don't want to send it back as It's the beginning of our season shooting F/target here.

I will let you all know when I find out what was wrong, I probably have around 16000 pellets through this gun so it may just need normal maintenance in the form of seals and o-rings as they say but being the pessimist that I am I'm not so sure that's the problem. Hoping I'm wrong!! Thanks for all of your Idea's and help!! I will let you know what I find. J.L.

P.S. I assure you it's not the chrony!! 😁 I tried two known good ones and got the same results!!

The most common loss of velocity source AFTER the breech oring is the valve stem oring. The chart and drawing don't match from what I see. It's possible to change the valve body and stem orings without removing the rear safety block and trigger block, which I would say are best left to an experienced tech but with care .... is doable. You didn't say what vintage it is but at 16k shots, the valve stem oring seems most likely the culprit. The vintage is somewhat important because DS has made some improvements intended to improve durability in the seals. One other important change was to get rid of the flat spring adjacent to the safety block. I replaced mine early on with an appropriate sized oring to give constant tension, but not be susceptible to breaking as the flat spring does. DS has began doing that also, but not sure of the timeline . THAT will also cause a velocity loss..

If you feel confident enough to disassemble it and replace the valve stem oring, pm me and I can get you a description of the the simplest route through that. No special tools are required but great care IS required.

Another interesting recent discovery for me relates to this. When RB-AOA brought up a RW Standard 22 w G2 board to test recently , we chrono'd it as usual with a LabRadar at 47 ft lb on Hi w Jsb Jumbo MRd's. After....he handed it off to Franklink for that awesome review and Franklink found it doing only 42 ft lb. I met with him at one point and went through it COMPLETELY. Nothing was worn or damaged. I think it had about 2k shots through it at that point.... but just being thorough. Sooo..... after all that, AOA techs informed me that MOST of them drop a couple of fpe as they break in and IT was actually RATED at 42 ft lb. That's stuff I don't see because I mainly deal with my own and if something changes on it, I want to know why. Btw, my attentions yielded no increase. 

I don't think that's what is happening with yours... just thought it interesting .

If AOA is sending you seals and is good with you doing it, I'd be happy to assist if I can .

Bob

Actually want to clarify my flat spring didn’t actually break, the two machine screws on either side of action below safety block, one actually sheared off the other became loose, causing extreme velocity swings! I will not to get into why, but arzrover will know! When I contacted AoA they told me exactly what to look for, that’s why AoA, Daystate, and the shooters they trust to test and give honest feedback for future improvements etc. are a awesome team to do business with!