Daystate Red Wolf and Slugs

Hey guys, its been a very long time, well today i'm on the hunt for some info and to share some of my info that i gathered with my Daystate Red Wolf Safari in .22.

So as everyone knows by now slugs are trending at the moment and for very good reason, i have played with the H&N slugs and Javelin Slugs in .22 a bit and the results are okay-ish to be fair. JSB Knockouts are very difficult to find here so i have not tried them at all. my groups that i have shot are amazing at 30 yards with any slugs in .217 but as soon as i get to 100 yards things gets 💩. the only good groups at 100 yards was with the H&N slugs 23gr .217 at 918 fps.

what slugs are you shooting out of you Daystate Red Wolf .22 that gives you the best results and at what velocity?

Hi Airgunner. Just my personal experience with my RedWolf. I got great accuracy around the 23g (22.8g) weight but with .218 diameter slugs. Changing from .217 to .218 made all the difference and it took me a while to work this out. Shooting them at 930fps. They stay stable right out past 100m

Best slug accuracy I’ve ever had. .218 may not work for you but worth a try for sure. Try .216 also. 

You never know 👍

So you have a RW Safari - That is the 65 FPE rifle?

I have a 65 FPE (GC2 electronics) action in a walnut stock - So a walnut Safari (I don't know its back story - purchased it that way from AOA). It should be the same gun as yours.

For 100 yard work I have found the JSB 25.39 gr pellets shot on the (factory - not re-programmed by me) hi power setting are the most accurate. 

But these are followed closely by the FX Hybrid Slugs. But by 50 yards the FX slugs were starting to tumble, and I found they were much more stable using the gun's (factory) mid power setting.

I found the JSB Knock Out (.216) also tumbled on hi power, and were better on mid power, but were not as accurate as the FX Hybrid Slugs.