• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf air leakage

More detail might help... like have you changed anything about the barrel or probe.
Also... the vintage... earlier RW's had a piston below the loading port that was used to cycle the magazine. One or both pins on it were known to break on higher power models and COULD leak similar to what your video shows. Replacement plugs are available to fix that problem.
Also, put a little grease on the fat part of your probe that touches the oring and cycle it to see that the probe fully enters the oring. The grease will be pushed back, showing the engagement.
Lastly... is the replacement oring a 5 x 1.5mm ?
Bob

Reactions: Stone02
Attached are two pictures, Daystate suggest leak could be either 4, 5 or 6 as shown. Replaced 4 and 5 but could not find part no. 6 in my country. Will wait for import.

20230404_225337.jpg

Screenshot_20230405-043737_WhatsApp.jpg

It will be none of those. They would result in leakdown, not leakage when fired.
Also, the #2 is a non metric AS568 - 006 and MUST be 90 durometer, not 70. It also SHOULD be a polyurethane, not BUNA or neoprene.
Take your single shot tray off and do the same test to see if it's coming from the barrel or the magazine advance pin...
Bob

It will be none of those. They would result in leakdown, not leakage when fired.
Also, the #2 is a non metric AS568 - 006 and MUST be 90 durometer, not 70. It also SHOULD be a polyurethane, not BUNA or neoprene.
Take your single shot tray off and do the same test to see if it's coming from the barrel or the magazine advance pin...
Bob
Oh Dear as shown in attached video it is coming out of magazine advance pin. Daystate team had been asking for what I showed you in my previous mail.

So whats next to be done.

Remove the two screws and top plate. Underneath is the indexing pin with spring. Pull those out to see if the lower pin is broken. If so, a new pin or plug should be installed. The pocket that the pin is in will need to be pulled out if you want to check the oring that seals the pin. The rifle will likely need to be degassed to take pressure off the little pocket so it can be removed. To degas... loosen the fill port very slowly till air starts to bleed... then wait for it to stop before proceeding. Daystate or a dealer should be able to provide you with a plug or pin.
If the two screws are too tight... be very careful ... you might strip the head. I use an Allen bit and wrench that I can tap while turning to shock the little screw to break it loose. On installing , don't tighten to much. They don't need to be that tight.
Bob

Along with a new pin or plug, you should order new screws for that plate. If the heads are not already stripped, I expect they might be by the time you get them out. Daystate is horrible for over-tightening, and using odd sizes. If they are already stripped, as it appears is possible, try tapping in a slightly oversize torx head driver. Sometimes that will give sufficient grip to turn it.

Remove the two screws and top plate. Underneath is the indexing pin with spring. Pull those out to see if the lower pin is broken. If so, a new pin or plug should be installed. The pocket that the pin is in will need to be pulled out if you want to check the oring that seals the pin. The rifle will likely need to be degassed to take pressure off the little pocket so it can be removed. To degas... loosen the fill port very slowly till air starts to bleed... then wait for it to stop before proceeding. Daystate or a dealer should be able to provide you with a plug or pin.
If the two screws are too tight... be very careful ... you might strip the head. I use an Allen bit and wrench that I can tap while turning to shock the little screw to break it loose. On installing , don't tighten to much. They don't need to be that tight.
Bob
I had changed the pin few months back, I opened the screws, took the pin out, changed oring 2x1.5mm Buna 70 and reassembled. Find attached two videos, one with and one without tray. Leak is still there.

It's normal to have some air venting from the indexing plate. That's how the pin works.
It's not a leak. It's the design
I don't think it should vent like that without a pellet in the chamber. I replaced mine with the plug, but I thought the design needed a certain amount of resistance or back pressure in order to work. Maybe I misunderstood.