Daystate red wolf .30

I get about 30 shots on HP with mine circa 850-860 FPS with the 50g JSB, to be fair I don't think there would be any point shooting a .30 at a lower velocity as the HP curve is the perfect place for best accuraccy.

What I do however is swap the barrel and probe over, the mid power is fantastic for .25 with a 33g JSB at 930 FPS or a 25g RD at 1030 FPS for 50+ shots.

Hi Spray

Thanks for that.

Really want a .25 safari, but rarer here in EU land than rocking horse droppings.

So thought to buy a Red Wolf HP in .30 calibre not Safari. Due to shot count and a two hour drive to get my 2 tanks filled.

Was wondering if using lighter weight pellets in ,30 med power I would get a flatter trajectory.

ps had a quote to ship from uk a Red Wolf, sit down first, due Brexit carrier wanted UK to France £500!

lol

Yes EU shipping prices are a joke (sorry con) ATM.

Personally I think less than 830-850FPS with the 44g or 50g JSB is too slow, the trajectory is really loopy! funny thing is that in all the .30 barrels I have tried the two JSB pellets shoot at almost identical speeds, i.e. you dont gain velocity using a 44g over a 50g if that makes sense, the difference is usually very small.

IMO the .30 is a novelty that is fun to have, but .25 is way more sensible, can't DAYSTATE UK just ship a RW to a French dealer? I know they ship a lot to the dealer in Holland, perhaps he could then ship to France?

Spray yes Dutch dealers are good. They have no red wolf any calibre nor any idea when they may be restocked. They mutter about middle of year.

A stupid and senseless restriction. Wife wanted some OXO cubes, quoted £299 delivery!

What a sham!

Re .30 think will wait grr grr for a .25.

Maybe take up another hobby, basket weaving or flower arranging

cheers pal

I love my .177 shooting slugs! Long range is easy!!
20210226_210728_HDR.1614518273.jpg
20210223_130504_HDR.1614518275.jpg

Hi Spray

Thanks for that.

Really want a .25 safari, but rarer here in EU land than rocking horse droppings.

So thought to buy a Red Wolf HP in .30 calibre not Safari. Due to shot count and a two hour drive to get my 2 tanks filled.

Was wondering if using lighter weight pellets in ,30 med power I would get a flatter trajectory.

ps had a quote to ship from uk a Red Wolf, sit down first, due Brexit carrier wanted UK to France £500!

lol

Buy an Omega Trail Compressor. I already have one week with mine and, for filling rifles, works perfect.

Much better than the Omega Super charger (RIP).

I get about 30 shots on HP with mine circa 850-860 FPS with the 50g JSB, to be fair I don't think there would be any point shooting a .30 at a lower velocity as the HP curve is the perfect place for best accuraccy.

What I do however is swap the barrel and probe over, the mid power is fantastic for .25 with a 33g JSB at 930 FPS or a 25g RD at 1030 FPS for 50+ shots.

Excellent info, thanks.