Daystate Red Wolf 30 cal unusual problem. End of barrel blew off!

I have a Red Wolf 30 cal. After going to the range this week, I dry fired it at home in my yard and the end with the threaded fitting for the moderator blew right off with my moderator. It looked like it was glued in place inside the shroud. Anyone seen this happen before? I'll take it back for warranty repair but I was shocked this could even happen.

Also does anyone know if this might need checking for alignment when replaced?

I'll let you know what AOA says when I see them tomorrow. 

Leo

I had this happen once with a custom adapter on an Edgun R3. I turned out it was partially glued or epoxied. I dont remember what caused it, but I do remember a lot less confidence in the adapter afterwards (I had a few equipped with it). My preferences has evolved to include constructions where this cant happen anymore... live and learn.

Yes, this happened to me a few months back with my .22 Red Wolf, moderator and all, It was also leaking air at the time as well, I Had purchased it from AOA, made a call the next day, Sent it out to them a day later, They fixed everything under warranty, and shipped it back a few weeks later, I believe they said it's held on with some sort of Epoxy. Anyways, no more leaks, the repaired fitting is still in place, And all is well...

Happens a lot. Just take the threaded muzzle cap and rough up the part that inserts into the shroud, and use a little 2-part epoxy, it'll never come off again. I think I might have made some shallow ridges with a Dremel tool. The epoxy needs a little space to create a good bond, and the factory folks don't take the time to prepare it well.

Just happened on my 22 Safari. It happens I guess, but it shouldn’t. Blew my Odb moderator bouncing off the concrete, scuffing it handsomely.

My question is, since its dual ported, does port alignment matter? Should the ports be horizontal, vertical? Dunno.

Same direction as the barrel, or opposite opposing blast?
8D1606BB-EC12-4956-B2BD-A23B608AC716.jpeg

99D8BE59-ECF9-4194-A351-4C4207BA88FB.jpeg

Last edited: