Daystate Red Wolf 22 High Power

If yours has the old style mag. then you have an indexing pin. If so, remove the two screws and check the condition of the O-ring.
And be sure you have a good screw driver that fits those slots. My Daystate rifles have had very erratic tensions. Some screws were barely finger tight, others had to be drilled out after the screw head was mangled trying to loosen it.

Reactions: Smitty911
And be sure you have a good screw driver that fits those slots. My Daystate rifles have had very erratic tensions. Some screws were barely finger tight, others had to be drilled out after the screw head was mangled trying to loosen it.
Yep, the allen screws on my Pulsar index pin were so tight they had to drilled out and I had other screws that actually fell out because they were so loose.

Before you strip them out and before you try and remove them, take a small punch that fits in the screw hole and tap it a few times and then try and remove. If it doesn't move under some pressure, tap it some more and it will come loose. Use a good quality allen also. If you bugger up the allen use the same small punch and tap around the edges to tighten up the rounded out area and it should come with out having to drill anything out.

Yep, the allen screws on my Pulsar index pin were so tight they had to drilled out and I had other screws that actually fell out because they were so loose.

Before you strip them out and before you try and remove them, take a small punch that fits in the screw hole and tap it a few times and then try and remove. If it doesn't move under some pressure, tap it some more and it will come loose. Use a good quality allen also. If you bugger up the allen use the same small punch and tap around the edges to tighten up the rounded out area and it should come with out having to drill anything out.
If I remember correctly, those are 2 mm hex head screws. They don't need to be tight. But, if they are installed at anything greater than snug, they can be a problem to remove. To exacerbate the problem, mine were overtightened so much that the hex head was already damaged, so, equal pressure could not be used to loosen them.