DayState Pulsar Still have Leak Problems?

Not afraid of the electronics, just worried about the leaking reports I've been reading with Pulsars. The electronics are the enticing part, just not the leaks! If you have five that sounds good to me. Especially that they span different years of manufacture.

I do like the Renegade, though. Would have to get the HR, prefer regulated guns even though you insist it's simpler and still a great shooter un-regulated. Thanks for your insights YO. YO!

Never heard of pulsars leaking being a problem. You'll obviously get the odd one leaking occasionally but no more than any other well designed gun. Don't forget these problems also tend to end up on forums (often asking advice on more than one forum for the same leak) giving false impression of the frequency of issues through significant referral bias.

I have a Pulsar HP and a Renegade. There have been many other issues, but no leaks.

1592324778_2583283745ee8f2aa3310b0.18221339.png

@hawkeye69 Well, what are the other issues. What should I be wary of?

Mainly for me has been magazine issues where the index lever strikes the pellet probe hard enough to remove metal when it cycles. Daystate says it doesn't affect accuracy but for me it does. Also hitting the probe puts extra pressure on the index pin and they break periodically, also premature breech seal failure. Had the pin replaced again today, still in warranty. The new magazine design cures those issues but they want $100 from owners like me to get one. And with the new magazine you lose the non-double load and shot count features. I think the new guns come standard now with the new magazines. The first time I replaced the batteries I found the battery assembly screws has fallen out. Very poor fitting synthetic stock which I had to fix myself.

My Renegade had the same magazine issues only worse, it actually wore a hole in the pellet probe. Breaking index pins plus 8 breech seal failures in the first 3 months of ownership and accuracy problems. Daystate wouldn't help so I removed the edge of the index pin with a Dremel and that eliminated the problems. Also the factory forgot to use lock-tite on the cocking mechanism bolts and they keep coming loose and binding.

In general quality control and customer support have not been what I expected on such high priced guns.

On my Pulsar HP the JSB Resigned 25.39 pellets on high power are really accurate, but no other pellets that I've found do very well at any power setting. So that's all I shoot with it.