• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Pulsar, no more???

I have had a red wolf 22cal hp but it was too long. And now after seeing some results of the pulsar.177 hp. I thought I’d try it, was going to get the 22 hp but at the last minute because the 177 is a little better with slugs. Maybe you could enlighten me on some of the general aspects that I should be aware of. Also at the price of $1699.00 I can buy a. 177 and the.22 and still be less money than the delta Wolf.

My .177 HP shoots like a laser beam. Coming off a RW there was a learning curve for me. As a bullpup the Pulsar is much more hold sensitive as compared to a traditional rifle, but once you learn what it likes it rewards you. What works best for me is to pull tightly into my shoulder with my strong hand on the pistol grip. Mine enjoys a diet of JSB 16.20 gr Beasts which it spits out at +/- 900 fps. I have never shot slugs out of it. YMMV but mine retains very reasonable accuracy using the Daystate magazine.

The Pulsars are definitely heavier guns, but I use mine off the bench. As you already know from your RW experience, there is virtually no current substitute for a Daystate electronic trigger. And if one has to have a cocking lever back by one's ear with a bullpup, the 'cocking' lever of the Pulsar is the one to have!

Enjoy your new gun. It truly is the end of an era with Daystate discontinuing the Pulsar. I've got my .177 HP and a .22 in standard power, and neither of them are going anywhere.

I have had a red wolf 22cal hp but it was too long. And now after seeing some results of the pulsar.177 hp. I thought I’d try it, was going to get the 22 hp but at the last minute because the 177 is a little better with slugs. Maybe you could enlighten me on some of the general aspects that I should be aware of. Also at the price of $1699.00 I can buy a. 177 and the.22 and still be less money than the delta Wolf.

My .177 HP shoots like a laser beam. Coming off a RW there was a learning curve for me. As a bullpup the Pulsar is much more hold sensitive as compared to a traditional rifle, but once you learn what it likes it rewards you. What works best for me is to pull tightly into my shoulder with my strong hand on the pistol grip. Mine enjoys a diet of JSB 16.20 gr Beasts which it spits out at +/- 900 fps. I have never shot slugs out of it. YMMV but mine retains very reasonable accuracy using the Daystate magazine.

The Pulsars are definitely heavier guns, but I use mine off the bench. As you already know from your RW experience, there is virtually no current substitute for a Daystate electronic trigger. And if one has to have a cocking lever back by one's ear with a bullpup, the 'cocking' lever of the Pulsar is the one to have!

Enjoy your new gun. It truly is the end of an era with Daystate discontinuing the Pulsar. I've got my .177 HP and a .22 in standard power, and neither of them are going anywhere.

I've found my Pulsar to be much less hold sensitive than you indicate. I shoot mine offhand and from various bench rests and have no change in POI. Other than that, I agree with everything else-trigger is as good as can be attained, accuracy is phenomenal, a bit heavy, appearance is subjective, and I'd like to have a couple of others put back.

I am hopeful to have the same results with the pulsar that I did with my red wolf 22cal. I enjoyed as I began to shoot in the late afternoon I would shoot on high power with pellets and slugs because of it being more windy. Then as the wind calms I would go to min and or low with a lighter projectile very fun and relaxing out of one gun. I believe I can achieve that same thing with the pulsar 177hp and tomorrow weather permitting I will find out. Thanks to all for responding.

I've found my Pulsar to be much less hold sensitive than you indicate. I shoot mine offhand and from various bench rests and have no change in POI. Other than that, I agree with everything else-trigger is as good as can be attained, accuracy is phenomenal, a bit heavy, appearance is subjective, and I'd like to have a couple of others put back.

My comment related to my still fairly limited shooting experience (even less when I first shot my new Pulsar), and in direct comparison to shooting my Red Wolf.

If I pick up a new rifle, I still can shoot traditional stocked rifles more accurately than I can bullpups, but that's on me. 

The 2 comparative things I remember from when I got my second electronic Daystate (Pulsar HP .177) were:

1) Wow, this thing is LOUD and requires a silencer, whereas I can shoot my (standard power) .177 Red Wolf in my back yard without one; and

2) The Red Wolf seemed so easy to shoot that it made me look like a better shooter than I actually was. The Pulsar made me work a little harder to initially obtain accuracy, but then rewarded in repeatable precision.

I hopefully will know tomorrow? But I remember that my red wolf 22cal hp was only a noticeable amount louder on hi power, and nothing outstanding just more noticeable. Plus the recoil on hi power did need a firmer shoulder grip , but I kind of expect the same with the 177 hp pulsar. I’m just getting everything ready for the new gun that’s supposed to arrive tomorrow, bipod scope mounts etc. if the weather conditions work in my favor I’ll have better info tomorrow.

I hopefully will know tomorrow? But I remember that my red wolf 22cal hp was only a noticeable amount louder on hi power, and nothing outstanding just more noticeable. Plus the recoil on hi power did need a firmer shoulder grip , but I kind of expect the same with the 177 hp pulsar. I’m just getting everything ready for the new gun that’s supposed to arrive tomorrow, bipod scope mounts etc. if the weather conditions work in my favor I’ll have better info tomorrow.

Congratulations.

I wish the new rifle exceed your expectations!