Daystate Pulsar, no more???

I have had a red wolf 22cal hp but it was too long. And now after seeing some results of the pulsar.177 hp. I thought I’d try it, was going to get the 22 hp but at the last minute because the 177 is a little better with slugs. Maybe you could enlighten me on some of the general aspects that I should be aware of. Also at the price of $1699.00 I can buy a. 177 and the.22 and still be less money than the delta Wolf.

I got one of the last in .25 and it is a hammer. I feel lucky to have gotten it because it IS going off the list. Great gun and beautiful in the Saxon finish. And this one has the A R T barrel and a Heliboard, Huggett mod, and an awesome tune by the famous D-Wall. 

2021-03-23 18.01.26.1616541103.jpg

2021-03-23 18.01.57.1616541125.jpg

2021-03-23 18.03.27.1616541154.jpg

I saw at the Daystate site that the Pulsars and Renegades had been discontinued.

I am of the idea that Daystate need bullpup rifles to compete with Airgun Technology. Not only in quality but in shots per fill, accuracy and price.

I have not shot a Pulsar nor a Renegade, but for the price, the Uragan is a much more attractive airgun in 360 degrees than the Renegade and/or the Pulsar.

I saw at the Daystate site that the Pulsars and Renegades had been discontinued.

I am of the idea that Daystate need bullpup rifles to compete with Airgun Technology. Not only in quality but in shots per fill, accuracy and price.

I have not shot a Pulsar nor a Renegade, but for the price, the Uragan is a much more attractive airgun in 360 degrees than the Renegade and/or the Pulsar.

+1 What Emu said... :)

"Attractive" is the ultimate subjective consideration. What you like might not suit another person. I know nothing about the Uragan but I have a Pulsar that I find to be well worth the cost.

"Attractive" is the ultimate subjective consideration. What you like might not suit another person. I know nothing about the Uragan but I have a Pulsar that I find to be well worth the cost.

Absolutely agree also :) Something for everything. Airgun world today offers a lot; lots good options.

I agree that it may not be the prettiest gun but I generally go with accuracy power trigger, if you have ever shot an electric gun you’ll know what I’m talking about. The delta Wolf was out of my financial reach and the price was right. I have a compressor and shoot in my back yard plus the 177 should help with the shot count. I owned several pcp’s since the mid 1990’s but not in 177 , and after seeing some results with the hp 177 with slugs and pellets I was impressed. The people that have pulsars must like them because I have rarely seen them sell used ones compared to other guns. I did consider the Uragan but I understand that if I want to adjust the power or tune it’s difficult, opposed to the pulsar with three hp power settings for different projectiles. Maybe the Uragan would be fine to choose one projectile that it likes but the people that have them never respond back on details of what pellets or slugs that it likes, they do with the pulsar. I should receive the gun tomorrow and I believe that it’s prettier than my impact. Good luck to all 

Agreed, a daystate quality mechanical bullpup or an electronic one that doesn't cost 3000+ would be really nice.

I agree that it may not be the prettiest gun but I generally go with accuracy power trigger, if you have ever shot an electric gun you’ll know what I’m talking about. The delta Wolf was out of my financial reach and the price was right. I have a compressor and shoot in my back yard plus the 177 should help with the shot count. I owned several pcp’s since the mid 1990’s but not in 177 , and after seeing some results with the hp 177 with slugs and pellets I was impressed. The people that have pulsars must like them because I have rarely seen them sell used ones compared to other guns. I did consider the Uragan but I understand that if I want to adjust the power or tune it’s difficult, opposed to the pulsar with three hp power settings for different projectiles. Maybe the Uragan would be fine to choose one projectile that it likes but the people that have them never respond back on details of what pellets or slugs that it likes, they do with the pulsar. I should receive the gun tomorrow and I believe that it’s prettier than my impact. Good luck to all

Off topic here, apologize for that... your mention of quality, .177s that are slug capable/competent peaked my interest. What other rifle fall into this category thats out there? (Non-electronic, say that would tempt you to own.) Thanks. 

I have seen a post with r5m 177 shooting nsa 12.5 slugs well . But I know with r5m 22cal call to adjust the power I remove two stock screws and then adjust the hammer. Also the r5m is more expensive and holds less air than even the pulsar. The brocock I believe is easier to adjust and it did well with a variety of pellets and slugs but that’s awhile ago. If I would be content with one pellet at one speed I would choose something else like Uragan especially for the shot count but that’s not what I want. Plus I get a 5 year warranty with the pulsar.