Daystate Pulsar, 0.22 35 ft-lb

Just got mine and I've got to say that it's the most accurate air rifle I've owned by a long way. From the box it's giving 0.25" for 5 shot groups at 40 yds off a couple of bags so I'm pretty sure that could improved .

On high power it's giving 970fps, 33 ft-lb with JSV Jumbo Exact 15.9 grain 5.51mm head pellets; extreme spread of 7fps.

Switching to Medium dropped the power to 30 ft-lb with the same pellets. Didn't bother with low.

I personally really like the looks of the Pulsar and you have one laminated stock that I do find very attractive...congratulations!

I own Evanix, FX, Vulcan, and a Daystate Air Wolf. Just my personal option but all the others (other than Daystate) to some degree look like they were manufactured in someone's garage on the weekend with spare parts. FX not so much but there are still parts and pieces of my Revolution that seem to be cobbled together with tool marks and not precisely made for the rifle.

That's the Daystate difference to me. To my eye every part seems precision made for its specific purpose and fit and finish is outstanding but you pay for it.

Thats the problem with high tech, hi quality, low volume. It costs a fortune to make. With low volume production its never going to make much profit, but the owner of Daystate wanted to make a statement with this rifle, and i believe he has. Anyone who has shot one cannot fail to be impressed with the accuracy and handling. There is even one compeating in this weekends World FT champs in Lithuania. Be interesting to see how it does surrounded by pure target guns.

@Bluestone Wow thanks for posting the info on you full power Pulsar. You might be one of the first US owners to actually provide their findings on the rifle. The feedback seems to be positive on both sides of the pond. Accurate, pleasure to shoot, looks and feels good, etc. Now all I need to do is find out how I can convince Mr. Bielas to send me one so I can take it out to the desert for some 100+ yard testing with my high speed camera. :)

I just received my Pulsar Oro the other day from Precision Airguns and Supplies. As others have said you have to see one in person before forming an opinion on it's appearance. The gun is smaller than I thought it was going to be, and everything on the gun seems to be working as it should. Build quality is typical Daystate...Perfect. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet as I'm waiting for some scope rings to arrive.

"Bluestone"Nice bit of wood !

Done any pellet tests yet ?
Thanks, I really like the wood pattern on the gun as well.

I've shot some JSB 18 grain pellets through it, and it's very accurate at 42 yards anyway. I have a Hawke Sidewinder 6-24X56 scope mounted, which is a big scope but not a problem as I only shoot targets in my back yard and don't do any hunting with my rifles.

Some things I discovered about the Pulsar.

The magazines for my Mk4 and Huntsman wont work with the Pulsar, which is a bummer since I have 4 of the pricey little things.

I do not much care for the little pulsations the rifle does when the magazine is empty. The first time it happened I thought I broke the gun until I read the manual. I much prefer the audio tone the Mk4 makes when the magazine is empty.

The Pulsar is very quiet for a rifle without a moderator but not nearly as quiet as my Bobcat Mk2 with a Huggett. I'm working on making an adapter so I can use the Huggett on the Pulsar. I wonder if Huggett makes just such an adapter, 20mmX1.0 to 1/2 UNF?

The anti-cant level on the gun is a nice feature and it can be used when I'm looking through the scope even though it's out of focus because it's so close to my eye.

The laser feature is a bit over the top and not much use if I'm shooting past 10 yards in the sun. I just turned it off in the program mode. 

I'm very happy with the Pulsar so far. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to shoot it using my chronograph and shoot it at longer distances up to 75 yards, which is the distance to my back wall. I'll report back with a complete report as soon as can, but they have me working 60 hours a week right now and most likely this will continue to the end of the year. Which is great for buying these expensive airguns, but not so great for having time to shoot them.

Little pulsations ? The second feature I switched off was the magazine counter, right after the laser.

Mine is chucking out Air Arms, 18.2grain at 920fps, 34.2 ft-lb. The AA's are not quite as accurate as the JSB 16 grainers but they quickly lead up the barrel at 970 fps.

If you want to reduce the noise, try a Weihrauch mod; it'll screw right on to the 1/2 UNF thread.