Daystate Popularity

What about the older, CDT Wolf's. How are they and are they worth getting. That's another possibility I'd like to explore. I do realize the difference and have been looking at all the different models Daystate had made. I've seen a few older air wolf's at very reasonable prices and I can't help but wonder if that would be good intro into the Daystate collective?

Any Daystate is worth it. How much? Send a link, model, and a price on a new topic thread here for a value appraisal. When you post it don't be surprised if someone else buys it so maybe not the link and just the pics and specs and price but no link. I would trust a Daystate above any other brand, especially in the unregulated versions.

What about the older, CDT Wolf's. How are they and are they worth getting. That's another possibility I'd like to explore. I do realize the difference and have been looking at all the different models Daystate had made. I've seen a few older air wolf's at very reasonable prices and I can't help but wonder if that would be good intro into the Daystate collective?

A couple of suggestions:

Call AoA and speak to Rich or Darren to discuss your wants/needs. I.e., Used Airwolf, Red Wolf pricing now that Delta Wolf is available. AoA occasionally gets used Daystate rifles as trades ( I traded up my Regal for a Safari) and they may be aware of some used Daystate electronic rifles.

Daystate does offer a 5-year warranty on some of their latest new air rifles. 

Post a “want to buy” ad on the AGN Classified section of this forum. Describe what you are wanting to buy.

There are Daystate reviews and videos on this forum by some highly respected DS owners. Do a search and check them out. 

I’ve had a red wolf in .22 and still have a safari in.30. I’ve also had a impact with multi calibers and lots of mods. The .22 red wolf was by far my go to gun. Definitely buy used and you can cut your loses when you sell. I bought the impact new and lost a ton of money when I sold it. The red wolf I broke even when I sold since I bought it used. The .30 safari is being replaced by the delta so it is now for sale. 

Thank you all for the replies and the advise. I've changed my mind. I thought a Daystate was long term goal. Now I think it's something I need in the near future. I've read a bunch on here about Daystate, and there's very very few problems that I have seen vs some of the other high end guns. Thanks again. I'll be looking for a used gun to start, so if you have one, viperjoe, I might be interested. Thanks again

The first Airwolfs with the chrony in the shroud had all kinds of problems. As did Airwolfs in general. Seems they forgot to smooth the transport of the barrel and they all, all models shaved pellets badly. There were a lot of upset customers back then. This changed when they went to the solid mono block system. Finally. They advertised it as t Titanium breech. Which it wasn't and still isn't. It is 7076 Alu. Apparently they don't have an engineer on staff that knows the difference. Strange!

I see a lot of people here saying that they manufacture a good gun. I will say the design and assemble a fine gun with all parts from vendors. Daystate doesn't manufacture their guns now. I have no idea if they ever did. It simply assembles the parts from vendors that Daystate spec's and hopefully test them before sending them out. 

Knife

The first Airwolfs with the chrony in the shroud had all kinds of problems. As did Airwolfs in general. Seems they forgot to smooth the transport of the barrel and they all, all models shaved pellets badly. There were a lot of upset customers back then. This changed when they went to the solid mono block system. Finally. They advertised it as t Titanium breech. Which it wasn't and still isn't. It is 7076 Alu. Apparently they don't have an engineer on staff that knows the difference. Strange!

I see a lot of people here saying that they manufacture a good gun. I will say the design and assemble a fine gun with all parts from vendors. Daystate doesn't manufacture their guns now. I have no idea if they ever did. It simply assembles the parts from vendors that Daystate spec's and hopefully test them before sending them out. 

Knife

I would have to agree with you on that after all can you imagine the size of the factory that they would need to make all of the components needed in all of their product line up. How ever 99% of PCP manufacturers do exactly the same as do say BMW it’s the name of the game.

I can happily say that out of my many DS rifles I have ever only had one small air leak and one LCD screen go bad on me.