• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate MCH-3 compressor question on oil change

The manual say .35 litres and also .30 litres...the machine has a dip stick and .30 puts it upper middle of range, but the the manual also references a sight glass. The .30 and the .35 does not register in the glass...anyone else run into this? The machine has run great for the two years I've run it...this is the second oil change I've done. Thanks for any help...

Like just about ANY oil system with a dip stick, keep it somewhere between the top and bottom. Over-filling is worse than barely above the bottom mark.

The manual say .35 litres and also .30 litres...the machine has a dip stick and .30 puts it upper middle of range, but the the manual also references a sight glass. The .30 and the .35 does not register in the glass...anyone else run into this? The machine has run great for the two years I've run it...this is the second oil change I've done. Thanks for any help...
It may be helpful to have the machine on a level surface.

What kind of oil you guys use? My Sheldon compressor uses Mobil one jet oil , Its about 25 to 35 Dollars a QT.
I was warned not to use anything else in it,,, Just wondering
Mike

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm sure just about any 100% synthetic compressor oil will work in any compressor that requires oil.
If you prefer to stick with jet engine oil, search the interwebs for MIL-PRF-23699 or Eastman 2380. If you have any folks near you to share a 5-gallon can, you can get the price down to $17 per quart: https://bac-online.com/mil-prf-23699-std-turbine-oil-2380

If you happen to be near a military aviation base, and have a friend on base, ask them to take you to the hazmat disposal site. They throw away quarts and gallons of the stuff every month, and for anyone with access, it's usually free for the taking.

Good luck!

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm sure just about any 100% synthetic compressor oil will work in any compressor that requires oil.
If you prefer to stick with jet engine oil, search the interwebs for MIL-PRF-23699 or Eastman 2380. If you have any folks near you to share a 5-gallon can, you can get the price down to $17 per quart: https://bac-online.com/mil-prf-23699-std-turbine-oil-2380

If you happen to be near a military aviation base, and have a friend on base, ask them to take you to the hazmat disposal site. They throw away quarts and gallons of the stuff every month, and for anyone with access, it's usually free for the taking.

Good luck!
High-pressure air compressor are different from standard ones in that oil making it into the high-pressure area can "diesel" or combust, with undesirable outcomes. 100% synthetic compressor oils will work, those with higher flash points are preferred. SecoLube 500 has 520 degreeF flash point, HUSKY Full Synthetic Air Compressor Oil is 460. Of course, costs are higher but beneficial in the long run. WM

High-pressure air compressor are different from standard ones in that oil making it into the high-pressure area can "diesel" or combust, with undesirable outcomes. 100% synthetic compressor oils will work, those with higher flash points are preferred. SecoLube 500 has 520 degreeF flash point, HUSKY Full Synthetic Air Compressor Oil is 460. Of course, costs are higher but beneficial in the long run. WM
Yes, I understand, that's why I said 100% synthetic compressor oil (I see quite a few choosing Amsoil on here). I have never heard of a company recommending turbine engine oil before, but that's why I offered the info about that particular product.

Either way, the stuff is pricey.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Yes, I understand, that's why I said 100% synthetic compressor oil (I see quite a few choosing Amsoil on here). I have never heard of a company recommending turbine engine oil before, but that's why I offered the info about that particular product.

Either way, the stuff is pricey.
Agreed, searched flash point of Amsoil, MSDS shows 480's- 517 degrees F, IIRC, which seems OK. Bottle label would show exactly but think Amsoil is fine. WM