• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate magazine feeding issues with slugs (in my Compatto)

Good news - my Compatto apparently loves Neilsen's 17.5 grain slug. The bad news is I have had 3 feeding issues while attempting to shoot my first 5-shot group. I can't figure out what is going on either. Just every other shot or so I can't move the bolt forward to cycle the next slug. I can't see what the slug is hanging on while trying to feed. I've mangled several slugs while getting things unjammed.

The Compatto uses the Daystate magazine - pic below, which is otherwise cycling pellets fine. My suspicion is the slug is rotating head down in the magazine while loading and hanging up in the breech opening somehow. Anybody experienced slug feeding issues with this style magazine?

1585155351_10172878165e7b8d17cb8a44.15467394.jpg

CARM magazines

works perfect

A huntsman classic, a similar Shadow, 3 Mk4 rifles..... I gave up on the Daystate 10 shot magazines on these family rifles, and used a single shot tray, for better accuracy and loading.. I am hoping the above suggested CARM magazines will be better, just ordered one to try, along with a single shot loader, which I am hoping will suit my fat fingers better on a cold day

I have a similar problem with a couple Brocock magazines when loading some longer pellets. After loading a few, the mag won’t index to load the next one. I just flip the mag so the load side is facing down and shake it just a bit. This typically dislodges whatever is hung up, setting the loaded pellets with their skirts against the mag face plate. I can then continue to index and load. Seems like the nose of the pellet, or slug in your case, gets hung up by going in too deep.