• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate LC110

I am looking for accurate information on this compressor. Some say it's a re-branded Coltri MCH-3 which is a three stage unit. A guy at Nuvair indicated they do not stock the MCH3 due to reliability issues. He recommended the MCH-6 which is a four stage, 220 VAC unit. The price is about $80 more than the Daystate. The sales rep at AOA says the LC110 is custom made by Coltri for Daystate and it is a four stage unit that does not the reliability issues associated with the MCH-3. Would someone that owns the LC110 confirm that it is a four stage compressor?

Hey all - I have an LC-110 from AoA since 2019. I still use CE750 oil in it. It is a 3 stage unit that uses 120V. All my research shows it is a Coltri MCH3 LC EM where "LC" is low consumption and EM is "electric motor". The MCH3 LC EM has a breathable air filter whereas the LC-110 does not as it is not needed. They are both 3 stage. I have ordered goods from Nuvair and find them to be a good vendor just like AoA.

Hope this helps; mine has been wonderful for a low duty cycle filling 90cu-in tanks. Oversize the compressor, undersize the load, and keep on smiling.

Here is the plate information on mine:

7D448D9B-AC69-419E-8C49-42F29315A87F.jpeg

98DFBECE-1A68-4A99-AA35-D737CB6C9241.jpeg

236CF9C5-0097-4313-8176-B7A31444C3FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all - I have an LC-110 from AoA since 2019. I still use CE750 oil in it. It is a 3 stage unit that uses 120V. All my research shows it is a Coltri MCH3 LC EM where "LC" is low consumption and EM is "electric motor". The MCH3 LC EM has a breathable air filter whereas the LC-110 does not as it is not needed. They are both 3 stage. I have ordered goods from Nuvair and find them to be a good vendor just like AoA.

Hope this helps; mine has been wonderful for a low duty cycle filling 90cu-in tanks. Oversize the compressor, undersize the load, and keep on smiling.

Here is the plate information on mine:

View attachment 320844
View attachment 320845
View attachment 320846
Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: LMNOP
I have a Coltri 230v MCH6 from Nuvair. It's a 4 stage 230v unit.

The LC110 is lower rpm, 110v.

From what I have gathered, the early LC110 had a Coltri MCH3 (3 stage) pump. And the later LC110 has the MCH6 (4 stage) pump. I could be wrong, so I'd like to verify that information.

Below is a picture of the underside of a Coltri MCH6 pumping unit. We can see the 4th stage cylinder.

For anyone that has access to a LC110 and is willing to contribute (LMNOP and 18.13?), look at your unit and see if it has the 4th stage cylinder. Report back on it, and state when you purchased the LC110 or year it was made. Better yet post a picture of the 4th stage (or lack of).

mch6-01.jpg

EDIT: As LMNOP noted, on a MCH3 pump, the position where you would see a MCH6 "3rd stage" is covered by a blanking plate. The MCH6 "3rd stage" cylinder will be missing from the early LC110 compressors. That bottom cylinder shown in the picture above is the 4th and final stage of an MCH6. It would be the 3rd and final stage on the MCH3.

Last edited:
For anyone that has access to a LC110 and is willing to contribute (LMNOP and 18.13?), look at your unit and see if it has the 4th stage cylinder. Report back on it, and state when you purchased the LC110 or year it was made. Better yet post a picture of the 4th stage (or lack of).
Purchased in 2019-03-27 from AoA for $1,999.00 and serial says it is number 15 for the year 2019.

It is a 3 stage and at one time I had shared the Coltri MCH3 LC EM pdf manual and for the most part they were exactly 1:1 aside from the breathing air filter. This 1:1 included 120V, 3 Stage, and motor RPM. Hope this helps! https://coltri.com/en/news/the-new-mch-3-lc-coltri-compressors/ and the manual at https://coltri.com/en/download/spare-parts-manuals/mch-3-low-consumption/

"4th stage" is kind of a misnomer below it is actually missing one of the intermediary stages between initial and final compression.

1673140207404.jpeg

0F9B94EB-D2C2-4FB7-AF05-A2AA59C61227.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotchmo
LMNOP,

Thank you. I learned something. The MCH3 is sorta like an MCH6 with the "3rd stage" removed. The following picture shows your early LC110 without the applicable 3rd?/4th stage, compared to a Coltri MCH6 on the right. Also notice that the LC110 has a bracket for a filter stage, but that filter is not included. The MCH6 includes the filter stage and a priority valve.

mch3vsmch6.jpg

mch3vsmch6-01.jpg

Now we just need a picture of a later LC110 with the 3rd and 4th stage.

Member 18.13, you said that you have a 4 stage LC110. Can we see a picture of it showing the 3rd and 4th stages?

Last edited:
Purchased 9/18 AoA. 1st stage left, 2nd on top 3rd on right with the pop off bleed off, 4th on bottom. They first came out with a 3 stage then changed to 4 stage with the bleed off pop off thing. Every body hated the bleed off on the 3rd stage, dribbles oil and water on the deck and in the floor. And if you fill it full of oil it goes off like a shotgun Every 10 seconds. I have learned to only fill to 3/4 on the stick and no more shotgun. So they went back to the 3 stage now another 4 stage. This new one should be good maybe they got all the bugs out

My MCH6 has the same bleed off valve. It’s never been a problem. I monitor and shut down at or before the compressor reaches 4500psi on the output. So my bleed off valves have never been used.

The Coltri 230v MCH6 was my compressor of choice at the time. I installed a dedicated 230v outlet in my garage. The 4 stage LC110 with its 110v lower rpm motor could be the best solution for someone that needs to run from 110v. But I’d still want a dedicated 20a circuit to avoid problems with voltage drop or tripped breakers.

Last edited:
Nuvair I talked to and was told the MCH 3 wasn't designed to put out higher pressure of for filling to 4500 but MCH 6 was and would be happier with mch6 so that's what I got love it
https://nuvair.com/mch3.html lists 300bar. https://nuvair.com/mch6-portable.html lists 310 bar. These pressures are so close it is hard for me to comment but I bet dollars to donuts it has to do with duty cycle and load cycle — one of the reasons I fill 90cu-in; less duty cycle at load.

Thank you sir! You are correct and https://coltri.com/en/download/user-manuals/mch-3-low-consumption/ is the manual for the MCH3 LC EM which I believe is the 1:1 foundation to the 3-stage LC-110. It too lists 300 bar not 310 bar.

Nuvair I talked to and was told the MCH 3 wasn't designed to put out higher pressure of for filling to 4500 but MCH 6 was and would be happier with mch6 so that's what I got love it
That limitation could also apply to those older LC110 compressors that had the MCH3 pump instead of the MCH6 pump. Reports are that all new LC110 compressors now have the MCH6 pump.

The major limitation on the new LC110 is the 110v motor sized to run from a standard 110v outlet. It’s MCH6 pump can easily handle a higher throughput. The limitation is on the electrical side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgunmann
My MCH6 has the same bleed off valve. It’s never been a problem. I monitor and shut down at or before the compressor reaches 4500psi on the output. So my bleed off valves have never been used.

The Coltri 230v MCH6 was my compressor of choice at the time. I installed a dedicated 230v outlet in my garage. The 4 stage LC110 with its 110v lower rpm motor could be the best solution for someone that needs to run from 110v. But I’d still want a dedicated 20a circuit to avoid problems with voltage drop or tripped breakers.
My 3rd stage bleed off starts as soon as it gets warm, 15 min. Never have to bleed it off. Nothing comes out of the main tower. Fiter cartridge is still blue after 1 year

My 3rd stage bleed off starts as soon as it gets warm, 15 min. Never have to bleed it off. Nothing comes out of the main tower. Fiter cartridge is still blue after 1 year
Under normal operating conditions, the 3rd stage safety valve (over-pressure relief valve) should never go off. The main safety valve will go off first, and even that never happens for me since I shut it down at or below 4500psi.

You could have a faulty 3rd stage safety valve.

Or maybe a bad check valve between 3rd and 4th stage?

Last edited:
I owned an LC-110 for about a year, purchased in late 2018. I do know that when LC-110's first came out, they were 4 stage. The 3 stage units superceded the 4 stage for some reason that only Coltri and Daystate can answer. Cheaper to make? Who knows. Steve Sciali reviewed the earlier 4 stage unit on his Youtube channel. But I do know the original 3rd stage piston was eliminated and the later units have a plate instead of a piston.

I am looking for accurate information on this compressor. Some say it's a re-branded Coltri MCH-3 which is a three stage unit. A guy at Nuvair indicated they do not stock the MCH3 due to reliability issues. He recommended the MCH-6 which is a four stage, 220 VAC unit. The price is about $80 more than the Daystate. The sales rep at AOA says the LC110 is custom made by Coltri for Daystate and it is a four stage unit that does not the reliability issues associated with the MCH-3. Would someone that owns the LC110 confirm that it is a four stage compressor?
I owned an LC-110 for about a year, purchased in late 2018. I do know that when LC-110's first came out, they were 4 stage. The 3 stage units superceded the 4 stage for some reason that only Coltri and Daystate can answer. Cheaper to make? Who knows. Steve Sciali reviewed the earlier 4 stage unit on his Youtube channel. But I do know the original 3rd stage piston was eliminated and the later units have a plate instead of a piston.
I ordered the lc110 yesterday and asked them if they had resolved the issues they’ve had in the past with value problems and other issues. The salesman said that they had made several changes including making it a 4 stage if I heard him correctly with the new version . He claims they’re much more durable than the past lc110 . Just relaying what I was told from aoa . He did recommend I call back Monday to get more information.