Daystate LC-110 FAIL

So my Daystate 110V has been taking a bit longer and longer to fill to 300 Bar and today it only made about 280 Bar. After some investigation it seems there is a leak at the brass fitting that holds the gauge see photo. Anyone have any leaks there before? If so what did it take to fix it.
thanks

View attachment 396909
Easy fix. Use a wrench on the brass flats underneath the gauge to unscrew it. Remove the white teflon tape completely, then retape it with two or three windings of teflon tape. Reattach the gauge and tighten it down until it won't screw in any further. Check for leaks. Done.

Reactions: oledawg
there is a dowty seal (bonded washer) on the bottom end of the tee
parallel or tapered threads?
Easy fix. Use a wrench on the brass flats underneath the gauge to unscrew it. Remove the white teflon tape completely, then retape it with two or three windings of teflon tape. Reattach the gauge and tighten it down until it won't screw in any further. Check for leaks. Done.

there is a dowty seal (bonded washer) on the bottom end of the tee
parallel or tapered threads?
I have not taken it apart so I don’t know about type of threads.
i was unsure about things that might be part of the auto shutoff that I should be aware of

I have not taken it apart so I don’t know about type of threads.
i was unsure about things that might be part of the auto shutoff that I should be aware of
That gauge is 1/4 NPT threaded. Parallel threaded gauges would not have teflon tape. It's a tapered thread with no dowty seal in the bottom.

Reactions: oledawg