Daystate Huntsman Revere

With the new model out and stateside soon, what do you guys think? I love the classic looks and the added side lever that really bring it up to date. Those that have had Huntsman a in the past what are your experiences? I’m thinking .177 might be the caliber I’ll go with if I get one. Happy to see they kept it at a reasonable price point for the Daystate line. 

Anyone else order one or thinking of getting one? 

A complete noob here. I ordered one from AOA this past weekend. I think they accidentally listed them as in stock and I jumped on it.

i have always admired the classic look of the Huntsman. I had actually tried to purchase a regulated huntsman a week prior..... but again AOA accidentally listed them for sale when they didn’t have any.

They said it should be here in two weeks.

@steelpe Right on! What cal did you order? 

I actually don’t mind the bolt, or even un-regulated. What I don’t like about the XL, is the XL part, I would sacrifice a few shots for a shorter air tube. The Revere looks just very well proportioned. I also don’t like that Reflex LDC. In this regard I prefer what the Revere brings to the table, choice. 

My second pcp was bought in1983, I still have it and it's still holding a charge. I've owned a number of Huntsmans and I've never had a bad one that I regretted buying. I purchased the Griffin in .25 a few months ago and I pulled the trigger on this one yesterday and it's a tac driver from way back. I've thought about this one as well and "one more" won't hurt my collection.

The Daystate Huntsman is the airgun that comes to mine when someone wants a great accurate reliable air gun and dosn't want to brake the bank, of all the "shot groups" I've shot with a wide variety of air guns, and it must be in the thousands if not tens of thousands of groups, my third hand unregulated traded for Huntsman .177 printed some of my best ever! Since May of '19 I've shot 12+ tins of pellets, I can get 90+ usable shots it's not pellet fussy and hasn't given me a bit of trouble, (not even the bolt o-ring), the bolt action is very well designed and simple, I would be more inclined to buy a discounted bolt action one than the new design, as long as Daystate left "the guts" the same I'm sure the Revere
1594346268_10812209285f07cb1ce77c17.55712274.jpg
1594346269_7013664615f07cb1dc3fcc6.28174232.jpg
will be a success, but the original bolt action design is a hard act to follow!!!

Not fresh fish yet. Gun still isn’t here. I may get it and not like the sport..... but I needed something to do with my spare time and there are not many options with the current state of affairs.

Oh, and the wife doesn’t know yet either. Going to be difficult one it shows up.

Oh, you're "fresh fish", once you make the order there is no turning back. Hehehe. They call this "denial", it helps with sticker shock till you shoot your that first group. Then poof like magic, it's gone, and the love affair is on.

Sorry, just having a little fun poking you. Congratulations on a great way to start! I have had my eye on the Huntsman for awhile now. When I saw it announced I had to stop myself from the order right there and then. I have to say I do have that itch that can't be scratched though. lol

Oh, and good luck with the little lady!

Eamon

Not fresh fish yet. Gun still isn’t here. I may get it and not like the sport..... but I needed something to do with my spare time and there are not many options with the current state of affairs.

Oh, and the wife doesn’t know yet either. Going to be difficult one it shows up.

Oh, you're "fresh fish", once you make the order there is no turning back. Hehehe. They call this "denial", it helps with sticker shock till you shoot your that first group. Then poof like magic, it's gone, and the love affair is on.

Sorry, just having a little fun poking you. Congratulations on a great way to start! I have had my eye on the Huntsman for awhile now. When I saw it announced I had to stop myself from the order right there and then. I have to say I do have that itch that can't be scratched though. lol

Oh, and good luck with the little lady!

Eamon

Eamon,

I'm not going to call it "denial" but rather "airgunitis" when only one more is a temporary fix, I've had this "dis-ease" for a number of years and it's not getting any better.

I had been looking at getting a Hunstman Regal, but when the Revere came out, I've decided to save a little more & get it. I like the look of the bolt, but I think the function of the side lever will be a lot nicer. I'll be getting one in .22. I would prefer one without a regulator, but I'm sure I'll like the consistency. I also like the look of the moderator that comes with the Regal, and how it doesn't add much to the overall length. I hope this is an option with the Revere.

Anyone else notice on the Daystate website, regarding power - 39 shots @ 30 ft/lbs, 21 Shots @ 40 ft/lbs. Does this mean that the power is going to be adjustable?

The moderator comes with the Regal? I didn’t know that. It says it’s an add on on their website. Says is a 0db on the Daystate website... which looks correct if you see what they look like on the Daystate website. I

I bought a moderator for it..... I bought the Hugget silver swirl moderator from Utah Airguns. Was contemplating the 0db as the look is nice, but decided on the Hugget based upon some recent threads.

The bolt handle does look classy but the actual shaft is so small (.250') that it lacks adequate bearing surface IMHO, so that if you don't pull the handle back from as close to the center as possible you will feel it binding to some extent. I think I have everything on mine polished up about as good as it can be and it's very comfortable to cycle. But, given the option and if it was easier to cock I'd dump the bolt in a heart beat. The cocking effort has been a sore spot from many shooters for as long as I've been into airguns. Hopefully someone will get one before too long and give us the low-down on it. 

Jking