Tuning Daystate Huntsman Revere Regulated

I have a 177 revere and i shoot FT with it. When you see the pellet down at 50 or 55 yards the pellet is cork screwing is there a way to adjust the regulator to turn it down to see if i can get the pellet to stop cork screwing ? Also at 50 yard benchrest some of the pellets tumble. I am shooting 10.3 Air Arms pellets I was thinking i could lower the reg so that i could slow the pellet down and get a better flight pattern ?

If I were starting from scratch, I agree, 893 might be a bit hotter than my target speed, but I really don't think that's your issue. That is still well within the range of velocity that I have found acceptable in most rifles. That's the good news, because as I'm sure you know, the Revere is not very owner-friendly when it comes to tuning. I recently bought a .22 Revere as a general purpose rifle, thinking, I'll either like it as-is, or sell it. Luckily, it shoots great, and I like it very much. The trigger would need a little work if were using it in competition, but for pesting and informal targets, it's fine. Because Daystate seems so averse to accommodating owner tuning, I would not choose one for competition. That said, they are otherwise great rifles, and I expect you can find your solution in pellet selection. 

I don't know about the regulator but do know you can tweak the hammer. There were a couple videos linked in an earlier thread on how to do it. I did the process on my .22 and was able to go from 27 fpe to a solid 30 fpe. I ended up turning it back down to around 28 fpe as it seemed to lose accuracy and was far less efficient. I am sure you could do the same on yours and slow the pellets to your desired speed.Just do 1/4 turn at a time.

Reactions: Florida_Man