• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Huntsman Revere finish care

I just received my new Huntsman Revere, the barrel and cylinder are not blued, but has a finish reminiscent of black parkerizing. For those who have one, what are you applying to those areas if anything. Typically if it was blued, at the end of a shooting session, I would wipe it down with Ballistol and call it a day, but I am unsure if this is the right route to take with this newer finish.
Any advice would be welcome.
BP-1

20220912_205010.jpg

Calbarry,
Yes I know about Renaissance wax and intend to apply it to my stock. The new finish is not smooth like Bluing my consern is that the wax will not all come off leaving a white wax residue in the roughened areas.
After getting my 22 Revere a few months ago I’ve hand-rubber etc five coats of Parker Hale walnut oil to bring out the wood’s color and detail, then applied two coats of carnauba wax to seal it up.

No white residue, although I took care to keep both the oil and wax out of the magnificent checkering. Tedious work with slight errors removed with a toothbrush as I went. I used Lundmark Clear, almost pure carnauba wax that only left “white residue “ in the tiniest of nooks that was easily removed with the toothbrush. It’s beautiful to me with the look now preserved and all protected from the elements.

There was more I did to refine the fine details to finish the perfection of Daystat’s work, which I’ve not read of anywhere so it’s just my OCD at work.

1E0479BB-556C-41E0-B5BB-6F069B9ACEEA.jpeg

Fate, that stock work is beautiful, and I might just have to steal that idea from you, ince I remove the 3 coats of Renaissance Wax that I have applied to my stock. The original concern about white residue was with using Renaissance Wax on the barrel and air cylinder since they are no longer blued.

However, I received the definitive answer this morning from Tony Belas with Daystate's
Technial Team.
"The barrel shroud is anodized aluminium while the air cylinder is zinc passified with an over finish called EC10, a protective and rust proofing coating.
Your Ballistol will work fine, as well any protective cleaning agent such as WD40."

Thanks all for your advice.
BP-1

Fate, that stock work is beautiful, and I might just have to steal that idea from you, ince I remove the 3 coats of Renaissance Wax that I have applied to my stock. The original concern about white residue was with using Renaissance Wax on the barrel and air cylinder since they are no longer blued.

However, I received the definitive answer this morning from Tony Belas with Daystate's
Technial Team.
"The barrel shroud is anodized aluminium while the air cylinder is zinc passified with an over finish called EC10, a protective and rust proofing coating.
Your Ballistol will work fine, as well any protective cleaning agent such as WD40."

Thanks all for your advice.
BP-1
And thanks to you for adding new knowledge about my Revere, in your quote from Daystate.

This is an amazing rifle. It’s accuracy is still hard to believe… and I’ve been shooting a very long time.

Reactions: fishing43