Daystate Huntsman Regal XL Leaking Air. I Fixed It and Now I'm Happy. Pic Heavy

1534100584_1693435715b708468637b73.29069710_IMG_2739.JPG
I tried the 18.13 gr at 50 yards with and without magazine and it seems that it only likes the 15.89 s

Was this the first time you tried shooting the 18.13gr? Just because my barrel on my Huntsman likes both 18.13gr and 15.89gr JSBs' almost equally well, it doesn't mean that yours will. That's just the way it is sometimes. Although generally, they should be very close.

Are you cleaning the barrel too often? The only time I would clean the barrel is on a new rifle and if my groups start opening up after I have been shooting the same pellet for awhile without any changes made. You also might want to try different batches of JSB 18.13gr. Try some Air Arms, FX, and Daystate Sovereigns 18gr. They are all rebranded JSBs'.

No, it was shooting both almost the same, but it was shooting at 870s.. Now that it came back from AOA it's shooting 830s and only likes the 15.89. I did clean the barrel but since then I already shoot like 500 rounds..I'm going to remplace the pellet probe o'ring when I get one..maybe that's my problem, also want to use the scope cam and record a few shots in slow motion to see if it's not clipping the pellets..

Hi there I've just joined this forum and I would just like to say something about this post if it wasent for this post and the images of the Daystate Huntsman sorting out a leak I wouldn't be able to fix mine a big thankyou you sir for a fantastic post on the Daystate Huntsman in how to repair the leak and I can now say I know how to service my huntmans 

Big thankyou

Hexbeam1 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

pestadot671 do you remember the allen wrench size for those 2 grub screws that hold the shroud to barrel I have to remove mine and can you tell me where I might be able to get those o-rings that are inbetween the shroud and barrel that keep it centered thanks

I don't know the exact size for the hex wrenches but the Huntsman Regal requires both SAE and metric wrenches. In regards to the o-ring, I don't recall seeing one between the shroud and barrel. 

On the first page of this thread, I had the Koi on it. The following moderators I tried on the Regal are as follows; DonnyFL Koi, Sumo, Tatsu, Tanto, Fat Boy and Neil Clague 8" x 1.2" carbon fiber LDC. To me, the Koi and Neil Clague LDC are the quietest. As of now, I leave the factory Air Stream Reflex moderator on it because it keeps the overall length of the Regal short.

What DonnyFL do you have on the muzzle and is it quieter than the Reflex?

My Regal is still very new to me, and I haven't chronied it, so if in the future I had to perform this, would it be worth installing a regulator at the same time?

To me, I think it's fine without a regulator. I haven't given it much thought about installing one because I can live with 30-35 FPS Extreme Spread filling to 210 BAR and shooting down to 135 BAR with JSB 18.13gr at 850 FPS. I've seen other reviews of the Regal Huma Regulated version and in regards to accuracy, my non-regulated Regal can keep up. I get dime size 5 shot groups at 50 yards with mine. I believe with the new Regal HR, you'll get a higher shot count (45-50) but at a lower speed.

Have you ever tried h-n barracuda match?

I found them most accurate pellets for huntsman regal xl. Set power between 47 to 51 joules, I hope they will amaze you. If you can’t change it with normal allen wrench a hex wrench could help you.

also transfer port is made by copper which seals by one O ring. It will leak a bit, add another O ring to seal it. After that closing it would be a little bit hard but not that much. Choosing smaller one could help you. (Unless they have changed their design)

I was told by an air gun maker, you should never use silicone on any threaded part that is, or, may become subject to high pressure, as it can cause the parts to seize together. Better to be clean and dry, or, a small amount of synthetic, high pressure grease. If used on an O ring, it should be wiped almost dry to prevent any migration to the threads.