• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Huntsman Regal setting Altaros regulator

you mean to tell me that with just a 1/16" washer you gained that much speed. you have never touched your hammer spring? oh i wanted to ask you about the v10 v20 v30 v40 what is that all about? i don't quiet understand. if you don't mind could you check and see how many turns are you away from being maxed out on hammer spring. right now i turned my hammer spring in all the way and then i backed it out 2 whole turns. it's shoot just about 892fps. but that is at it's highest point. it starts at about 839 fps and climbs to 892 fps at about on the 30th shot then starts to desend but much slower. i think your speed that you achieved with that washer should of helped you about 30 fps more from your before top speed. say like if your gun was shooting at peak 870 fps and then you add that 1/16" washer then your speed would be 900 or so. Do you find that your guns accurcy changes as you shoot it from a full 220 bar down to 150 bar. Let me know thanks

My hammer throw has never been touched, the guy who made the video said his was set about the middle of adjustment. I got the gains I wanted with the washer so I never bothered moving the hammer throw. I have no idea what v10 v20 ect. Is all about. All I did was install the shim and shoot it. I can fill to 220 and shoot down to below 140 for over 40 shots, but the sweet spot for accuracy is from about 190 to 150BAR. That the range I shoot if I am paper shooting trying to score 10x. Now if I just shooting stuff like targets, spinners , squirrels, I can fill to 220 and shoot to 140 BAR and accuracy may very 1/2 inch at 25 yards in those 40 plus shots but poi will start dropping. Good enough for stuff but a looser if you're shooting for score.Accuracy means different things to different people. Stuff accuracy and paper accuracy are two different things. I posted what the .06 washer did for MY Huntsman. The guy who made the video put a .06 in his and it shot quite a bit faster than mine, so he took it out and put a .05 washer in his and we are shooting about the same now..But he has played with his hammer throw adjustment some. Heres a video I made shooting from 190 down to below 150. I usually get about 16 or so shots in my sweet spot, then refill, but I shot all 25 without doing that.

https://youtu.be/ejtgHIbradQ

Richieg, what i was referring to was the numbers you put on the post. you had like v10 v20 v30 v40. does that stand for velocity. i was wandering you should get about 60 to 65 shots from a 220 bar down to 140 bar. also, that guy you talk about is he a good friend of yours? you're also right about accuracy. to me that's why i shoot. don't get me wrong you can still have fun shooting but one is always trying to improve his accuracy. that is some good shooting in the video. keep it up! before i forget that washer you were talking about when i disassembled my huntsman at the hammer spring i also had a little white plastic washer already installed. i wonder why all gun are so different. you would think if they made nothing but .22 cal. that they would all be the same if they all had the same parts and made the same way. take care

Yes those are yardage set points you can set up using a Lab Radar unit. The unit will then post your velocities at those set points. Yes you CAN get 60 or so shots from a 220BAR fill to 140, but you POI will gradually shoot low, which may be ok for stuff but not OK if you are trying to shoot paper for score. Mine had a plastic sleeve that went around the spring but no washer.

Mine is set at 160bar according to the little Huma gauge. I think I checked it against a digital test gauge so I believe it was really close. Did you remove both of the O-rings on the valve side like they show in their video so the regulator can vent? There's nothing wrong with un-regulated either, just find the sweet spot and limit the fill and shoot down pressure to keep the ES to maybe 30fps. You'd probably still have a 40 shot string with it set like that and within 40-60 yards there's not going to be a lot of difference in POI.

jking
Hi jking; question if i install a regulator in my Daystate huntsman regal and i set it to 155 bar with the same gauge it came with from factory and i start pumping air into the air tank do i worry about the reading on the gauge or do i fill to 3000 psi on external pump. reason i'm asking is because i started filling the air tank and it seems to just keep climbing even though i have the reg set at 155 bar.

Yes you need to worry about the gauge reading since that's all we have to go by. Does is ever stop climbing and settle at some point? Does the pressure in the gun jive with fill sources gauge when it goes past 155bar? Could be the regulator setting marks are not correctly marked. I think they are there to get you in the ball park. That's where it's nice to know if the guns gauge is correct by testing it against a known good gauge. I fill mine to 3600psi and the guns gauge remains at 160 until it falls below that regulated pressure. I'd fill it to 3000 to start out with and see if the guns gauge doesn't stop somewhere below that, shoot it down some until the guns gauges drops and then refill and see if it repeats and where it settles. Could be the regulator may be off and it's actually set at 170-180, who knows. Keep us posted and I don't mind a PM.

hi jimmy; you are correct. it settled down at about 170 bar on gun. but i know i set it at 155-160 bar. since it's new does it take time to settle even more are do you think i have to back off on the reg a little more. max fps is 865. usually that's the first or second shot after i have filled the tank to 3000 psi. then i get 33 shots till it starts dropping off reg. can you give me a little info on what your reg is set at and how many turns on your hammer spring is set at. how many shots you get on a filled tank. right at the moment my hammer spring is 2 1/4 turns out from binding which is what i call turning all the way clockwise in to the right and then turn counter clockwise left 2 1/4 turns out. i know all guns are different but it would give me a ball park where to go from there. i have the Daystate Huntsman Regal .22 cal. thanks

i am shooting 845 fps with 15.89 grain plus my hammer spring is 2 turns out from binding plus that little white washer that came with the hammer spring that you were talking about was .07. Then also i took that white washer out and put a thicker one which is double the thickness which measured .15 which is 5/32 .something is seriously wrong with my Daystate regal.

Yes you need to worry about the gauge reading since that's all we have to go by. Does is ever stop climbing and settle at some point? Does the pressure in the gun jive with fill sources gauge when it goes past 155bar? Could be the regulator setting marks are not correctly marked. I think they are there to get you in the ball park. That's where it's nice to know if the guns gauge is correct by testing it against a known good gauge. I fill mine to 3600psi and the guns gauge remains at 160 until it falls below that regulated pressure. I'd fill it to 3000 to start out with and see if the guns gauge doesn't stop somewhere below that, shoot it down some until the guns gauges drops and then refill and see if it repeats and where it settles. Could be the regulator may be off and it's actually set at 170-180, who knows. Keep us posted and I don't mind a PM.
hi jimmy; question: your huma reg. is it the .30 cal reg. or the one for the .22 cal gun? i add a delrin spacer behind the hammer spring .15 thickness. the one i had before that was .07 hoping for a little more fps with the .15 thickness nope not at all. when i talked to the people from huma they advised me to get the .22 cal reg. The one for the .30 cal. would take up too much space in tank. Since it's only 162 or 168cc .starting to wonder about all the sellers now days.

hi jimmy; thinking about getting me an air pressure gauge from Huma. they seem to have more bar marks to get one closer to the right reg setting. i have tried multiple times airing up my air tank and never getting the same reading as the filler source. i have notice a few strange accounts from all settings. like for instance; when i set the reg to 155 and then fill up tank to say 3200psi then start shooting till it drops off the reg thinking that's where i set the reg; than i will fill up tank again and watching to see where it was set to see if it matched the fill source and it's about 10 to 12 bars behind on rifle. so i am thinking maybe a new huma gauge would come in handy. Any suggestions ? i also have a question on the reg. whenever you want to remove it is it difficult to take it out of the air tank. just wandering.

id pull the reg oem regal was very good without a reg 50 plus good shots if tumed correct
hi douger; do you have or had a REGAL. If so can you recall some of your settings. i was under the impression that the Regal has the sling shot hammer does not have much to go by when it comes to tuning it for the exception of the hammer spring. i'd appreciate the help thanks