Daystate Huntsman, enable me

I had a Huntsman, and the accuracy was terrible. It was a refurb, and they never fixed the issue. It took forever to return it, and once returned it took forever, and Mastercard to get my money back. Enough of the sour cherries on the dealer.
Anyway I worked with the rifle a lot to get it to work, at the request of the vendor. So I had plenty of time behind the trigger.
I felt the rifle was small, like a woman's or youth rifle. It was really light, and not balanced well for offhand. Again this is a "feel" thing, but an Air Arms 510 felt like a real sporting rifle, the Huntsman felt like a toy. Another quality option is the HW100/110, again a rock solid platform that holds well.

Wow! Didn't know AoA had used guns, and I see they also have KaliberGun Cricket 45 and AGT Uragan compact - all three I've been considering. Geez! I wonder if buying used from them increases the chances of getting something that doesn't shoot ??
I have bought many used guns from AOA. Their grading is extremely conservative- meaning the airgun you receive is in much better shape than the grade suggests.

The Huntsman is a field rifle. It is something you can carry in the woods for hours, while squirrel hunting. If hunting is your game you do not want to be carrying a gun weighing 15 lbs, or more with scope & bipod.

Last edited:
I have Huntsman Regal XL unregged in .22 and .25, so obviously I'm a fan. But you should know the Huntsman in .25 is way less air efficient than my FX Wildcat. The .25 HRXL gets 20 shots per fill at 39-40fpe while my Wildcat MK1 gets over 50 at ~43fpe. Your needs and equipment really determine if this is a big issue for you. I still find the .25 HRXL to be a spectacular squirrel hunting rifle (here in IL the daily limit is 5, so 20 shots covers it.)

Reactions: Blackmoor
Revere .177 unregulated, purchased this fall used from a member here on AGN. What a sweet shooter, super accurate and classic lines. The fit and finish of the Daystate guns are second to none. Refined and just fun to shoot.
KIMG2967.JPG

Revere .177 unregulated, purchased this fall used from a member here on AGN. What a sweet shooter, super accurate and classic lines. The fit and finish of the Daystate guns are second to none. Refined and just fun to shoot.
View attachment 319979
The more these get posted the more I want one, I like tube guns, I like bottle guns, but I really do like beautiful rifles even though I don't own a single rifle that is "gorgeous"

I am considering a 2nd gun. I have a Daystate Revere and I am consider another Revere Safari. Both in .177cal.

The Revere is tunable. I get up to 24½ ft/ibs with 20grain ZAN slugs and a few ft/ibs less with lighter pellets and slugs. I have sat it down to 22 ft/ibs with 20grain slugs. I wish(as mentioned) another Revere. I would like to have one the does 14-15 ft/ibs with pellets and some 100 shots per filling. Thats for plinking etc. The other is for smaller game with lesser shots but with more puff with 20grain.
The Revere in generel is fairly silent as I hear it. A Huma Mod40 works wonders.
From standard it deliveres a good 75shot @ 18 ft/ibs with pellets. Less with slugs. Once adjusting the hammerspring the heavy pellets(+16grain) and slugs really shine. It loves heavy ammo in general.
6heoSSC.jpg

lwKtXvY.jpg

xM8ZSga.jpg

MUTXKwU.jpg

CmZQA70h.jpg

DWe5h18h.jpg

H51tlelh.jpg

The more these get posted the more I want one, I like tube guns, I like bottle guns, but I really do like beautiful rifles even though I don't own a single rifle that is "gorgeous"
the only problem with "gorgeous" rifle is your other guns feel left out . lonely , forgotten.

I am left handed. Best left handed rifle I can find is the Huntsman. I have two Daystate Huntsmans, a .177 regulated and a .22 unregulated. Both are excellent rifles. I have had the .22 for five years. I am not easy on things and the .22 Huntsman had to go back to AoA for a reseal. Very accurate and consistent shot string with no regulator. Is my go to PCP. The .177 I purchased used and was an impulse buy off the forums. Excellent shooter, regulated. Kind of a safe queen.

I started with the .22 Huntsman and a hand pump. Very good combination and I should have stopped there :ROFLMAO:

Funnily enough, my first PCP was a Huntsman Revere (regulated .22) and I LOVED IT!! Wanted a bit more power, so my second gun was a Maverick (.30 sniper) and I loved it too….so of course I then got an M3 compact .22 for my car gun. Weeeellll..then a friend of a friend got out of PCP’s and offered up his Crown MK2 (.25) with the Yellow Jacket stock, a compressor, tripod and about $400 in pellets for an amazing price, soooo of course I had to rescue it!!! Finally, fell in love with the Leshiy 2 and picked up one in .25. Love ‘em all!!!

Reactions: maxtrouble
You guys are great! All of your opinions are helping a ton. I'm wavering back and forth. Reality: compared to latest and greatest bottle guns the Huntsman is "old tech", not as powerful, and lacks the massive shot count. No way to change that. I struggle with justifying the money, when I could get something more powerful for similar money. Then I find myself chasing the numbers and ending up at one or another Bullpup, and realize I already have a powerful Bullpup that can be changed to any caliber and tuned to even more power... do I really need another? And, the circle is complete when I look at pictures of the Huntsman and start drooling again. Round and round I go.

A month ago, I got my first PCP, and now I can't stop myself from looking for my next one :oops: Is this common??!! I decided I was at the time in my life that I could get exactly what I wanted, and not worry (too much) about cost, so I went strait to a high-end PCP - FX Maverick compact in .25. Holy Cow! It's a shooter, and hits really hard! Tony at TalonTunes was an absolute pleasure to work with, and made the experience fantastic! Can't say enough about him! And, I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about the Maverick!

But, lately I find myself searching for my next gun - this wasn't supposed to happen - My justification is (after reading some scary threads about FX), if my current gun goes down, I need another reliable gun while it's getting repaired. So "reliable" is high on my list (although, I guess redundancy = reliability)

Most people seem to think the Eastern European guns are reliable. So, I've been looking at Tiapan, Edgun, AGT, Kaliber, etc... I find myself drawn to "the most power in the smallest package" which ends up being another Bullpup. They are very tempting, but do I need another gun so similar to my first?

Also, I've always been drawn and love the looks of classic lines like AA S510 Ultimate Sporter, FX Dreamline Classic, Daystate Huntsman. But, most "classic" rifles are just too bulky and long for my taste. Except for the Daystate Huntsman. To me, it is absolutely gorgeous, and from what I've read it's light and handy - the perfect hunter/shooter. The "safari" really has all the elements for me - cheek riser and ambi (my son is a lefty) - not sure about the raised grain finish, though. I've not seen either finish in person, so I really don't know. Is the Daystate considered to be as reliable as the Eastern European guns?

I guess I have a third option... stop looking for a second gun and just enjoy and shoot the one I got! That's what my practical-side tells me.

I'm hovering over the "Add to Cart" button for Daystate Huntsman Safari - tell me why I shouldn't do it 😍
hey the electricity off , pink notices' filling the mailbox , and whats with all these airguns all over the place ! we have NO help hotlines for us !

You guys are great! All of your opinions are helping a ton. I'm wavering back and forth. Reality: compared to latest and greatest bottle guns the Huntsman is "old tech", not as powerful, and lacks the massive shot count. No way to change that. I struggle with justifying the money, when I could get something more powerful for similar money. Then I find myself chasing the numbers and ending up at one or another Bullpup, and realize I already have a powerful Bullpup that can be changed to any caliber and tuned to even more power... do I really need another? And, the circle is complete when I look at pictures of the Huntsman and start drooling again. Round and round I go.
Getting into Airguns to chase “power”? Many do it, and it’s all good. But many, many more get into Airguns for the lower power sweetness. You can do a lot with supposed “low power, lower shot count” PCPs. My smallest PCP has the biggest grip on me…

It's hard to justify a luxury item. If you have already taken care of your obligations and have the money in hand, press the BUY NOW button on the Daystate and don't look back. 😈😈😈 Big power is great but you have that base covered already. Now you can enjoy a classic precision instrument that is pretty to look at and hold.

Seriously though, visiting the forum doesn't help to curb the desire to buy and try something new. It's a journey and there are so many paths a person can take. Only you can make the decision on which one to persue.