• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Harper sling valve vs regulator

Why would Daystate go through the trouble of designing a different type of valve system when regulators are the proven industry norm? Is their valve system really even as efficient as a good regulator? I've always loved the look of the Daystates but I've heard mixed reports about how their valve system is either so awesome or just a glorified hammer de-bounce mechanism. I missed a great deal on the yellow yesterday for a Wolverine b hi-lite and I'm kind of kicking myself now for not picking it up and trying it out. Opinions? 

Regards,
Cliff

I found the Harper slingshot system to be nothing short of a miracle. I'm in the UK and I had a daystate huntsman. This rifle gave me 110 shots out of its 200 cc cylinder with absolutely no curve what so ever. After about 100 shots, the poi dropped and it was time to refill. The gun performed like it was regulated in every way. Over about 10000 pellets it never let me down. Flyers were few and far between unlike some of the other pcps I have owned since. There has been some talk recently about putting a reg in a daystate but having owned the huntsman, I understand why daystate don't do it. Things have moved on since the Harper slingshot system and daystate employ a different setup in their newer rifles which I believe is just as good if not better. The phrase "if it ain't broke" comes to mind.