• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate ? et al

Curious what others think about on board electronics in pellet rifles such as Daystate?

The Daystates seem to be a really fine gun, but I wonder how the electronics hold up over time. 

Seems when ever I have bought something with more whistles and bells on it, they are more apt to fail at some point and the parts are not always currently still available. 

Other high end guns, especially the German ones do not seem to have the same design with regards to electronics from what i have seen- I may be wrong as I am just getting into this- 

I also wonder why the larger manufactures do not have a "custom dept" like Colt has, that would tune, dial in and do added extras that would be be done to a special order gun and then send off to the dealer of your choice to be delivered to you - This way all the mods would be covered under factory warranty - 

And lastly, everyone seems to want to know how loud an air gun is. Why not have a standard benchmark and require that each model of be run through a standard test to the reference bench mark and have it specified in its specs?

If members have time I would like to hear their thoughts on this-

Thank you-

Art

Personally, I think the electronic rifles are one of the next things for PCP's there is just so much than can be done and
has yet to be fully explored using them, I know a lot of people dislike them but they have so much to offer
and I think a lot of it has to do with it being new, its like bullpup's and big bores when they first came out and still even. Most of us don't like change when the old works fine
but I feel the advantages are big enough it will happen eventually, as to durability I don't recall reading of any breaking though I'm sure some have,
there will always be a few even in the time tested mechanical rifles you can still have a failure usually because of user error but things happen.

But in general the electronic parts used if setup properly can be very reliable and I would say as much so as their mechanical counterparts.