Daystate electronics?

My first electronic daystate was a mk4 Platinum it worked great shot excellent but it did have a minor software problem where the backlight would not turn off after 10 seconds but credit to daystate they solved the problem with updated software and threw in a upgraded battery free of charge. Other than the backlight problem the gun has functioned flawlessly in all weather/temperatures. If you look after the battery charge it at least once a month (even if you haven't used the gun) and have the gun serviced then you'll be more than satisfied for as long as you own it. %95 of all rifles that have issues are down to poor or none existent maintenance. As for how well do the electronics work some people love the system some people hate them I myself was sceptical at first but after handling one most of my doubts faded. The first thing you notice is the trigger when you take your shot the trigger is so light and clinical the whole rifle is dead and if you have a huggett on the end you can hardly tell the rifle has fired other than the hole in what ever was in your crosshair. The electronics also give's an incredible shot count per cc of air but that being said the mechanical reg's are catching up. The most important thing is that you go down to you local shop try both an electronic and a mechanical daystate you cant go wrong either way but you need to try them both first. Good luck

Reactions: kyler2643
I have a Wolverine and an Airwolf MCT. The Wolf is my favorite hands down. Trigger pull is the best of any gun I have short of my DES Unique 69 Olympic grade .22. powder burner. Loading a pellet on the Wolf is effortless and smooth as silk and there isn't any cocking resistance. Deviation between shots is fantastically low and consistent above 180 bar.

Wolverine is actually for sale on this forum if that shows my favoritism between the two Daystates

I have shot with a Mk4 is Sport and it felt fantastic. I can't comment on reliability, but I've never felt something shoot like that. There is no lock time on the shot because there's no hammer, so it's very difficult to "pull" a shot. No recoil, battery lasts forever. 

That being said, I am perfectly happy with my Wolverine. For an unregged gun, it is insanely consistent. You can't really go wrong either way, so I suppose its about personal preference.

Reactions: kyler2643
Thanks for the help everyone! It seems that the electronics hold up from what people tell me. I'm drifting away from fx. There products don't last. (In my experiences) Way to many problems. My wolverine .22 is great I LOVE the gun. Now I need to decide on a new airwolf or pulsar! Any recommendations? Ide buy them both if I was rich!

If I could do a trade for my Airwolf even up for a Pular I'd probably do it. Off a bench the Wolf is great. In the field or for field target I'd go Pulsar. You have all the advantage (I believe) of the airwolf in a smaller easier to handle package.

The only negative thing I've heard on the pulsar is it feels 'top heavy' due to the compact platform. I've never held one so I can't say if that is the case.

"sharroff"If I could do a trade for my Airwolf even up for a Pular I'd probably do it. Off a bench the Wolf is great. In the field or for field target I'd go Pulsar. You have all the advantage (I believe) of the airwolf in a smaller easier to handle package.

The only negative thing I've heard on the pulsar is it feels 'top heavy' due to the compact platform. I've never held one so I can't say if that is the case.
The only issue you will encounter in field target with a bulpup is making sure the barrel is across the shooting line but not you or the trigger group. It's a rule that may be overlooked at local matches but can ruin your day at regional/national events if enforced.

I have an older 2008 Airwolf .22 MVT. This is like the MCT but has a chrono built inside the shroud that feeds velocity readings to the computer and it adjusts the solenoid valve timing. The electronics allow for around 1 bar per shot and I can go from 230 bar to 125 bar before the POI changes with a 16gr pellet.

I bought it used in 2012. Initially, I had to upgrade the software as it was "forgetting" the velocity settings, which in turn forced AOA to upgrade the circuit boards (CPU and chrono) and done the battery too, all for a hefty $500. But the rifle's guts were basically new after the upgrade. A problem with the MVT was that the chrono wires can get messed up if people take apart/assemble the rifle improperly, and the chrono IR sensors can get dirty which messes up the readings. If the rifle is cared for and not messed with it performs flawlessly. I love it even after the hefty price I paid for the upgrade. I just dial in the velocity I want it to shoot at on the LCD screen and the rifle adjust within the next 5-8 shots to any pellet weight (within its envelope). It can be adjusted from 500 fps to 1200 fps and can go up to 40ftlbs energy. I get 3-4 fps variation max. It's a heavy rifle if used with a large mag scope on top, not something you should lug around in the woods.

Many do not like the idea that if the electronics fails you are dead in the water. With mechanical rifles you may be able to repair on the spot and back in business. I do not hear many fail except for some shorts when charging in a certain way, or with the MVT's chrono. Many converted their MVTs to an MCT by removing the chrono and having AOA reprogram the rifle for a fee (if not under warranty). The MVT is not sold in the USA anymore.

The electronics are waterproof if not messed with. One airgun magazine staffer took the (MCT) rifle in a swimming pool holding the rifle in a shooting position on the bottom. It worked fine later.

"kyler2643"Thanks for the help everyone! It seems that the electronics hold up from what people tell me. I'm drifting away from fx. There products don't last. (In my experiences) Way to many problems. My wolverine .22 is great I LOVE the gun. Now I need to decide on a new airwolf or pulsar! Any recommendations? Ide buy them both if I was rich!

Personally if I was you, you already have a Wolverine if you get an Airwolf you're basically going to have 2 rifles with very similar ergonomics in terms of size the only difference is going to be the electronic & mechanical operations (wolverine 44 inches long) (Air wolf 40.5 inches long) I'd go for the Pulsar (30 inches long) it's something different from what you already have.