Daystate Delta Wolf...?

I’m not sold on the electronics as of yet but this one might just be the ticket.

I can tell you that Daystate is committed to the electronics. Think about it too. Everything around us for decades has relied on electronics. You get on a plane to go to EBR that basically is flying itself. You don’t ask your doctor to implant a mechanical Pace Maker. We literally place our lives on the reliability of electronics daily. Almost no one sets their wind up alarm clock so they aren’t late to work and get fired......

I think it would help if there was more convenient service, but, even this may be forthcoming in the form of diagnostics at home etc.

I agree with Christian. And I'm old enough to remember the technology deniers when electronic/digital items overtook mechanical ones.

Can you remember setting your points and gapping the plugs on your car a couple of times a year? Do you do that anymore?

Remember waiting for the interior tubes and picture tube on your TV to warm up? Does your TV even have a tube anymore, and do you wait for a picture to form?

Remember scratching your LPs? And all the arguments that vinyl was better than digital and digital would never replace LPs? CDs totally overtook the vinyl industry...

As we've heard from Hard Air Magazine, and others, the Delta Wolf will be mechanically regulated with a Huma. To me, that's smart to start the air pressure shot process with a known plenum pressure. After all, the Red Wolf's electronics had to deal with starting pressures from 250 down to 150 bar, and was done is three distinctly different stages - and resulted in SD's and ES's across the shot string that really weren't that stellar.. So with the DW, no matter what the bottle pressure is, the electronics start with the same regulated plenum pressure. Smart, and allows much simpler, more reliable electronics..

Also, if I were guessing, I'd remember that Daystate used to have an MVT model that allowed the user to set velocity, monitored pellet velocity, and fed that back into the electronics. Do you think Daystate has forgotten about that? Or maybe have been working to perfect it?

My guess is that the new Delta Wolf is borderline REVOLUTIONARY, and not just evolutionary as all other air rifles like the Impact have been up until now. And the words "Game Changer" come to mind...

Just to be clear, I am not a ***** for Daystate. In fact, I have owned Daystates in the past, but currently own none (I do have a .25 Daystate Wolverine HP R that I am testing for AoA). I have three FX and three EDguns, plus numerous other brands, but those are the two I have the most of. I will be the owner of a Daystate after my tour of the factory (for winning EBR 2019) in late March. I'm sure you can guess which model I will choose as my prize... ;)

It sounds good and it looks good thru the stained glass window. My one concern and current issue with my Redwolf is that dang mag, the ones pictured just dont look all that high capacity. I really hope and pray the mags hold more then a couple extra shots. Something like the impact capacity level will truly make this gun blow the doors off the industry IMO. 

I think it will be like most other guns a great gun but when you really look at the great guns out there they all shoot very well from the daystate regal through the red wolf it will be like any knew gun out there very accurate for sure , but what gun isn't in the price point of say 1200 om up to the 2000 range I can shoot the same with my 177 regal at 50 yards as my impact 25 cal just reminds me of the hatsan at-44 days they still shoot just as well just not as easy to shoot 

Let's also not forget that electro-pnumatic valves are not new at all. Paintball has had electronic triggers for a long time. Airsoft HPA uses complex solenoids to control not just the air impulse but the loading of the plastic BBs into the barrel. This is nothing new, it is all electronic and very reliable. You think about how many pellets you are going to put down range with your Daytstate and then consider that there are people our there using PolorStar HPA engines in airsoft firing hundreds of thousands of BBs with no breakdowns. 

There is no reason this cannot be done in an airgun very reliably. A dual solenoid setup could easily manage the fire control and automatic cycling and be reliable for many years to come. You'll pay for the tech and it can't be done cheaply so these airguns would remain top tier for some time to come. 

I have heard a couple of knowledgeable air gunsmiths say that a combination of mechanical regulator and electronic management would be the ideal system, so maybe this is it. I just hope it's available in something that doesn't look like an AR. For most folks, I expect the difference is academic. My Red Wolf does not generate the level of consistency as my best regulated rifles, but its accuracy is great. Guess it's kind of like a stereophile who seeks a sound range that is beyond human hearing, how good does it need to be? But, advancing the state of the art is always worthwhile, and this will be interesting. 

I do not have any doubt that a computer control of the flow of air should be more precise that the one of a spring.

My problem is with the daily truth: I have to change phone and tablet's more frequent that I would like and for reasons that theoretically would not exist.

Does not cause to much suffer when you have to spend "again" in a phone... But sending to a waste basket a computerized rifle of 2.3 k's, when the justification of buying an expensive air rifle is the years of fun it will offer you, indeed is painful.

I know what you’re saying Emu. That is exactly the reason I bought a pulsar yesterday and decided not to wait for Delta Wolf. Besides, being tactical means I wouldn’t like it. I’ll wait to see the technology transfer to a traditional looking rifle with a proper Walnut stock and then decide weather to purchase or not. Just to clarify, you don’t need to be above 60 to appreciate a well figured walnut stock. I’m 36 ;)

Perhaps it will leapfrog the Impact? 

Electronics is the future. People held onto their points and plugs before electronic ignition. The held onto vinyl albums before CDs. It takes time but eventually technological progress wins - every time.

It is as inevitable as time...

Say that to my old H&H.500 Royal that it isn`t vogue anymore and nobody wants it...I dare ya..

I think the electro- mechanical & electro-pneumatic control of the firing cycle is the future...period! And Daystate is ahead of the game as of now, other manufacturers will have to accept this and engineer there own specific designs which can be easily improved over Daystate’s design! I’ve been a proponent of this electronic platform on this forum for a couple yrs. and in my opinion there’s no better platform for consistency and accuracy! In my line of work I see these interactions everyday and lives depend on this technology from transportation to generating electricity and so on (just look @ multi-axis machining centers) and CC I assume you witnessed this as well... why Daystate would go backwards “if rumors are true?” Is beyond me? You can easily incorporate multiple solenoid actuated valving along with variable porting?,this is just one of a multitude of improvement that I’m sure we will see in the future! I guess I’ve said what’s on my mind, and Certain this will bring me some negative replies, I’ll own it!