Daystate Delta Wolf terrible groups.

Now you got your money back what are you gonna get to replace it? Just curious.
Thats a good question.
The easy choice would be the FX M3. Lost of places to buy in UK, lots of spares available and lots of 'how too' vids.
However im often tempted by the underdog.
Im interested in the RTI prophet 2 but it seems difficult to get in the UK- 2 months wait. The Spanish suppliers suggested they tune one down to sub12 and simply put it in the post (avoiding UK firearms regs) . I turn it up when it arrives as I have a firearms cert. However its a big unknown as few reviews and perhaps I should learn my lesson from this entire thread.
Same story goes for the Uragan2 or Vulcan3. Both great but I dont like that you cant externally adjust the reg.
Im still undecided. Have time to think while my firearms certificate goes back to police and they remove this Daystate disaster, then issue new one. What a fuss.

Reactions: qball
Im still undecided. Have time to think while my firearms certificate goes back to police and they remove this Daystate disaster, then issue new one. What a fuss.
You have to give the police a list of firearms and notify them when you sell one or buy another?

Thanking our Founding Fathers right now. :ROFLMAO:

Hope your happy with the next one, the paperwork would kill me.

Smitty

Reactions: rigbymauser
You have to give the police a list of firearms and notify them when you sell one or buy another?

Thanking our Founding Fathers right now. :ROFLMAO:

Hope your happy with the next one, the paperwork would kill me.

Smitty
You have to request every type of gun you want, ie 1x .22LR, 1X .243 and also you are given a maximum quantity of ammunition you can buy or possess. When you buy one its serial number is put on your certificate and no shop will sell you another unless there is a blank space for that type.
And before you even get a certificate the police contact named trustworthy people who have known you for many years to ask if your mad or stupid.
A p***ed of ex can call police with made up allegations and they will be round like a shot and empty your gun safe.
There is a shambles in Devon after a nutter had his gun returned by police and then went on the rampage. Now they are taking guns of people for things like speeding tickets.

• Wow
Anyone who owns a delta wolf or alpha wolf, please try adding a barrel band , it has completely transformed my gun , now the only gun I ever use , and I own a red wolf and a renegade and it outshoots both , all because of a barrel band , cost me £23 , best money I ever spent on any gun
I believe it. I've been playing with my new Delta Wolf for a few days. The barrel is secured in the receiver by one set screw on the right side near the breech. I would think it would be best to have another set screw on the same side but near the front end of the receiver. Instead, there is an o-ring as the main support at the front. I understand the design decision as it makes it very easy to swap barrels by loosening just the one set screw. But that is a compromise when it comes to accuracy. Though it can be very accurate for a group, I have been getting significant POI shifts. Even a light bump or pressure on the shroud and the barrel can rock slightly on the o-ring end, and it does not return to the same center position, at least not right away. Probably from friction at the chronograph interface and hysteresis in the o-ring conspiring to prevent the barrel from self centering in the receiver.

Something that will better lock the barrel to the receiver should help. I was tempted to drill and tap another set screw hole near the front right side of the receiver block. But decided against any permanent mods for now. I saw the barrel band and believe that it could improve things but prefer a closer attachment to the scope rail. So instead of clamping to the bottle, I'm working on a similar stabilizer that clamps the shroud to the left/right side picatinny rails.

Last edited:
Thats a good question.
The easy choice would be the FX M3. Lost of places to buy in UK, lots of spares available and lots of 'how too' vids.
However im often tempted by the underdog.
Im interested in the RTI prophet 2 but it seems difficult to get in the UK- 2 months wait. The Spanish suppliers suggested they tune one down to sub12 and simply put it in the post (avoiding UK firearms regs) . I turn it up when it arrives as I have a firearms cert. However its a big unknown as few reviews and perhaps I should learn my lesson from this entire thread.
Same story goes for the Uragan2 or Vulcan3. Both great but I dont like that you cant externally adjust the reg.
It is amazing that with so many time since regulators are in air rifles people do not understand yet how an air rifle works and still want to play with the regulators.

In a rifle with hammer system there are two forces in fight, the preassure in the cilinder, bottle or plenum, and the force of the hammer to open the valve and release the air to move the pellet.

The higher the preassure in plenum, the less oppening of the valve, onless you increases the tensión of the spring of the hammer.

To be able to know what is the maximum power of your rifle you can remove the regulator, dial in all preassure of the hammer and fill the rifle to 80 bar and shoot and measure fps, then to 90 and measure again, then to 100 and measure again. Eventually you will notice a decreases of fps, that mean that the top fps your rifle can give was the previous bar filling. At that preassure you should set your regulator and then decreases hammer tensión in order that you feel the rifle to shoot smoth. For example my Vulcan 3. 30 Cal gets to the top fps at 140 bar. If I increases preassure. Fps start decreasing.

The only rifles on which more preassure in regulator means more fps are the HUBEN, LCS and Rattler because those rifles do not have a hammer.

In other words once you get to know the adequate preassure your regulator has to be, you should not meses with it.

I took the following image from the thread of the Brocock Ghost. It confirms exactly what I said above:

Screenshot_20221101_072401.jpg

Last edited:
I did some preliminary tests with the barrel clamp. It helps a lot with POI shifts.

Model of clamp to be used in conjunction with (2) UTG MT-RSX5L:
deltawolf00.jpg

3D printed ABS clamp slips over shroud:
deltawolf01.jpg

deltawolf02.jpg

UTG rails mounted tight on both sides.
deltawolf03.jpg

Without clamp, any shock/bump changes POI. Little or no shift with clamp.
deltawolf05.jpg

Typical groups for a factory Delta Wolf barrel (1/2 hour ago with barrel clamp):
deltawolf06.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Scott

The 3400 dollar DW has that much POI shift? I'm shocked!!! Also those are not good groups, I'm sure your 3d printed Diana can outshoot the DW at 31 yards. Surely a 3400 plus tax plus shipping gun would shoot better than that, something doesn't seem right.
You might be right. But a big difference in how much work I put into the Diana to get it to shoot good. I’m showing you all groups here. Not just the good. As far as I’m concerned, it looks promising, considering the pellets are straight from the tin, shot from a bipod on a bench, and the groups are not cherry picked. Time will tell. I don’t choose velocity based on group size. For my FT rifle, I want a decent, predictable group size, with as flat a trajectory as possible. I suspect that I could shoot smaller groups at about 880fps instead of 930fps.

You might be right. But a big difference in how much work I put into the Diana to get it to shoot good. I’m showing you all groups here. Not just the good. As far as I’m concerned, it looks promising, considering the pellets are straight from the tin, shot from a bipod on a bench, and the groups are not cherry picked. Time will tell. I don’t choose velocity based on group size. For my FT rifle, I want a decent, predictable group size, with as flat a trajectory as possible. I suspect that I could shoot smaller groups at about 880fps instead of 930fps.
I shoot field target and had a real hard time getting the DW to shoot consistently. I was advised to try 13.4 grain pellets and suddenly the DW turned from a scatter gun to a consistent rifle. Shooting at the same speed as I do my USFT the trajectory is all but identical. I use identical scopes on both…
Here is my program which gets me about 805-810 fps

E2E6C804-9968-45BF-B662-7F8092583364.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Glem.Chally
As much as I like my Daystate Revere and see it as the best pcp gun I have owned, it still blows my mind when reading these pages the lack of QC from a modern gunfactory in 2022. The Mauser factory in Oberndorf had a much better QC in 1900s than Daystate has today. The brits still have much to learn.

not sure I agree 100% with this statement.

I've only been air-gunning for a year, but one of the first things I was told is that you need to find the pellet that works with your rifle. I have found such a pellet and it is working as I need it to. Is that quality control?

as for British QC ;)
YMMV

I did some preliminary tests with the barrel clamp. It helps a lot with POI shifts.

Model of clamp to be used in conjunction with (2) UTG MT-RSX5L:
View attachment 302220

3D printed ABS clamp slips over shroud:
View attachment 302181

View attachment 302182

UTG rails mounted tight on both sides.
View attachment 302183

Without clamp, any shock/bump changes POI. Little or no shift with clamp.
View attachment 302184

Typical groups for a factory Delta Wolf barrel (1/2 hour ago with barrel clamp):
View attachment 302186why such a funny scope ring set up ?

Was the collar connector to frame gap adjusted properly in the .177 barrel kit you installed? Did you adjust the gap? Yes or no?
Your gun came as a .25 caliber, did it have the same issues? If the collar is tight against the breech the gun will have POI shifts when shooting or moving the barrel. Just my two cents…

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullysyclone
Was the collar connector to frame gap adjusted properly in the .177 barrel kit you installed?
If the collar is tight against the breech the gun will have POI shifts when shooting or moving the barrel. Just my two cents…
"Was the collar connector to frame gap adjusted properly in the .177 barrel kit you installed?"
Probably not, as there is no gap in either barrel kit. I followed the instructions in the handbook when swapping barrels.

"Did you adjust the gap? Yes or no?"
No. There are no instructions about a barrel gap, or how to adjust it.

"Your gun came as a .25 caliber, did it have the same issues?"
Yes. Same issue, though maybe not quite as bad.

Reactions: Centercut