• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Delta Wolf terrible groups.

I really appreciate seeing the FX fanboys sticking together on this one. Reading through this forum it's not hard to see what brand has the most problems. The problem you are having is definitely not a normal one, it sounds like the solution for you might be to test waters on another brand.
Not hard to see what brand absolutely dominates numbers owned here also right? I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that has an effect on amount of threads. ;)

Reactions: tibor and qball
I think somehow you got a bad Apple. Don’t let that sour you on Daystate as a brand. Everyone I’ve had over the past five years has been very accurate and reliable. My latest thst I just got less than two months ago, a .30 Delta Wolf, was good enough after I just slapped a spare scope on and worked out a DOPE chart to finish 3rd out of 60 at the Utah EFT GP event this past weekend. The vast majority of the guns it beat were Impacts and Crowns. 😉
Had an old Daystate Midas years ago. Ive no problem with them but it seems there is a bigger than average number of bad guns out there. Need to get quality control in order.

27122007121.jpg

I think somehow you got a bad Apple. Don’t let that sour you on Daystate as a brand. Everyone I’ve had over the past five years has been very accurate and reliable. My latest thst I just got less than two months ago, a .30 Delta Wolf, was good enough after I just slapped a spare scope on and worked out a DOPE chart to finish 3rd out of 60 at the Utah EFT GP event this past weekend. The vast majority of the guns it beat were Impacts and Crowns. 😉
Is that before or after the microswitch failure?

That was bizarre.
The shop is happy to give a complete refund, no questions, no problem.
I said I would be happy with one of the M3s he has in the rack. He said if you think the Daystate is bad dont even think about an FX. Dont they want to sell guns?

My quandary now is what to replace it with.
M3
ATG Vulcan 3
ATG Uragan 2
@Yorkie At least the dealer appears to be upfront with you. They may have shared that sentiment with you out of respect for you as a customer. If you don’t mind me asking, which shop was it? Sounds like decent customer service.

Reactions: Yorkie
Not hard to see what brand absolutely dominates numbers owned here also right? I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that has an effect on amount of threads. ;)
Thats what put me off getting an FX is all the hype, even thought I have a Wildcat which is really excellent. However they seem to have few dissatisfied customers (including me) and feel rather stupid going for Daystate with so many bad reports. Was relying on my luck. Still very tempted with AGT.

@Yorkie At least the dealer appears to be upfront with you. They may have shared that sentiment with you out of respect for you as a customer. If you don’t mind me asking, which shop was it? Sounds like decent customer service.
Its in UK. For the time being Id rather not say but yes, so far so good but strange they put me off the M3 hanging on the wall waiting for a new owner.

Is that before or after the microswitch failure?
Ha! Good one. Let’s tell the whole story if we’re going to bring it up. That was the .25 Delta Wolf PROTOTYPE that I got over 1 1/2 years ago to “beat the poop out of” and test so it could be fed back to AoA and the factory. The current PRODUCTION versions are much improved since that time. Plus, they have a 5 year warranty in the USA if something actually were to go wrong.
And there you have it, the Rest of the Story. 🤪

Guys, just so Im not going crazy, what group size would you consider acceptable at 30yds for a quality PCP?

Acceptable accuracy @ 30 yards for even a 300 dollar gun while well supported should be a single hole no wider than 2 pellets for 177 or 22 and 1.5 pellet for larger calibers like 25 or 30 accounting for user input error.

You clearly got a bad apple/lemon which happens, BUT the run around is completely unacceptable especially for how much that gun cost. Daystate and the dealer should either refund your money or replace it with a good gun!!! But either way send the lemon back!!!

Yes, I’m a FX fan boy but I got warranty parts in the mail when I called FX about a small issue on a USED/SECOND HAND FX. After sale support is my number 1 requirement when it comes to who my money goes to.

Devils advocate here: OP states shooting a JSB 18 well over 1000 FPS .... Barrel an obvious POLY profile.
What i'm seeing ( Due to consistency of image texture of bore ) Is a case of EXTREME LEAD FOULING.

I would be more incline to play along after seeing a through Bore clean & scrub with a bronze brush etc ... Picture :cautious:
You may have a point. It does kinda look like lead streaks. Have frequently used boresnake and pull through pads but it could just be possible its not touching it. Was rather afraid to use metal brush if its under warranty. Advice is not to use on airguns.

Guys, just so Im not going crazy, what group size would you consider acceptable at 30yds for a quality PCP?

For the price of these higher end PCP's I want boring accuracy out of my 2k+ gun. Here is a 30 yard group from my Impact M3 30 cal from last week. This is a 2 mag group, so 46 shots. I would like to add though, that my M3 was not perfect out of the box either. It was double feeding after 8 shots and so I sent it back to FX, which they fixed and had back to me on the 9th day.

20220813_151020.jpg

20220813_151014.jpg

Misinformation repeated enough times it gets related too by the uneducated as fact ... face palm.
No draw threw or pushed patches, felt pellets or otherwise will remove Adhered to bore lead fouling !!!
Bronze brushing will not harm an air gun barrel if done only when needed and no other abrasives used while doing so.

I'm talking what i walk ... Been there & do that ;)

Misinformation repeated enough times it gets related too by the uneducated as fact ... face palm.
No draw threw or pushed patches, felt pellets or otherwise will remove Adhered to bore lead fouling !!!
Bronze brushing will not harm an air gun barrel if done only when needed and no other abrasives used while doing so.

I'm talking what i walk ... Been there & do that ;)
I agree with Scott 100%, I've had my share of bad barrel's and have encountered improvement even on those with a more aggressive cleaning. This is especially so when testing various slugs, pellets to find what works well. These aren't old Sheridan's here, modern airguns can no doubt be cleaned more aggressively.

I’m with Motörhead, give that barrel a thorough cleaning not just a couple dry patches, pull the barrel and remove probe o -ring and use a product called Gunzilla it will remove the mold release from the pellets that coat the inside of the barrel “which is not lead” then this product will start removing the lead. use your borescope to check your progress.
With a cheap borescope the thin streaks of lead look will like fissures or discoloration in the barrel. your patches will also have shiny streaks of pure lead on them not the black mold release that many mistake for lead.
I’ve owned three REDWOLF’s all have been dependable ( first gen had a mag pin issue but was fixed by AoA and Daystate) the big issue with accuracy is how quickly the barrels lead up because of the extreme velocity obtained by these guns.

And before anyone comment’s I’ve owned 4 FX’s! you can get good and bad from each manufacturers

And I to have used a bronze brush with no issues and even wrapped them with 0000 stainless steel wool!

These threads are always funny. Someone for god sakes answer this serious question? How on earth does FX or Daystate stay in business producing several thousand dollar guns that are total POS ?? Kind of amazes me.

No one is perfect and both daystate and FX had “lemons” out that need to be addressed/replaced. I don’t know the ratio of bad guns but I bet it’s pretty low for BOTH manufactures.

Again, no one is perfect as it is impossible. Even my $40k Honda minivan had many issues and let’s not get me started on my old BMW. Both had problems dealer/manufactures did NOT address to my satisfactory so I won’t be buying cars from either Honda or BMW again. Lemons sadly happens but not fixing the lemon won’t happen again……not with me at least.

Reactions: Smitty911