Daystate Delta Wolf terrible groups.

Impressive - not.
Brand new Daystate Delta Wolf HP. Just had it a week and have been searching for a pellet that it likes. No such thing. Tried 5 pellets and one slug and speeds from 750 to 1050. Best group is about 1" at 30 yards. Clearly there is a big problem . This is just a small sample of the testing. In a word its useless. Got a USB microscope on the barrel and you see the pic below. Match Grade LW, really? Please don't suggest this or that pellet or a different speed. This thing has a problem. Shop ignored my email and Daystate on summer break. Extremely frustrating. I expect the shop will want to send it away for 2 months and come back the same.

target 1.jpg
target 2.jpg
rifle1.jpg

I bought a demo Huntsman and it was shooting the same. I asked to return it and got a huge run around. They had me testing pellets, and other BS, before I could send it back. I paid shipping and insurance to send it back. Was told it had the same issue as the first customer, that is why it was a demo - returned rifle. Anyway it took 2 months to get my money back, and I had to eat shipping both ways. Insanity.
So that totally ruined a couple months for me. So that dealer is banned in my house.
Good luck with a rapid fix.

Mmm, that barrel should have NOT...made it past the Quality Inspection the first time around, period.
That barrel was broached with a way...worn out tool. Unfortunately, there are barrels that are just as bad as your out there in the world, and no one complained !

And Daystate should NOT have resold a gun with bad parts in it...period.
Change the barrel, then, resell it, fine. But not with that garbage mistakenly called a barrel.

Then they give you...a bad time, yeah, that's uncalled for.

Other than sending them a picture of what the interior of a barrel "should" look like, I don't know what to say, except, good luck.

Mike

Ive decided this thing has to go back for refund for the following reasons:-

Unacceptable accuracy
Barrel looks badly made with microscope in muzzle.
Barrel leading up extremely quickly.
Regulator mis-reading 38 bar when gun empty (software fixable, see graph)
Chrony mis-reading by 20% under from external chrony (software fixable).
Factory speed settings take about 7-10 shots to get close and always stay about 20fps faster.
First 1-3 shots are slower by about 100 fps.

This is my first ever new gun. All previous were 'projects' which I enjoyed getting as accurate as possible, including one old original Daystate Midas. I was happy to be taking home another Daystate but this thing has given me sleepless nights. I hope the shop will not be a pain tomorrow but I expect they will be.

About the graph. Blue is measured data with reg wide open and green is what it should read. Clearly to reads correctly at 180bar. The Daystate firmware warns not to change the zero setting but I suspect thats what this needs. Anyway I dont have the USB connector and its going back anyway.
reg pressure.jpg

I've found it nearly impossible to deal directly with Daystate from the US. But, I see that you're maybe a couple hours away by car. So, worst case, you could show up on their door step and have a conversation. If they get the impression that you're not leaving without a resolution, they might help. But hopefully you're dealer will set it right.

I have a WildcatII in sub 12 177. Really amazing little gun, especially with the new Pard 008s LRF on top. Nothing gets away.
I had a 1st gen. Wildcat for years, it was accurate and totally trouble free. Every FX rifle I've owned has been trouble free and accurate.

Reactions: tibor and Yorkie
That was bizarre.
The shop is happy to give a complete refund, no questions, no problem.
I said I would be happy with one of the M3s he has in the rack. He said if you think the Daystate is bad dont even think about an FX. Dont they want to sell guns?

My quandary now is what to replace it with.
M3
ATG Vulcan 3
ATG Uragan 2
Sounds like Daystate picked a good retailers to me? Take his advice if he isn't pushing any particular gun on you.

I really appreciate seeing the FX fanboys sticking together on this one. Reading through this forum it's not hard to see what brand has the most problems. The problem you are having is definitely not a normal one at all and I would definitely be taking a refund. If I received a new gun, regardless of what it was and had all these problems it would just kill it for me.

Last edited:
That was bizarre.
The shop is happy to give a complete refund, no questions, no problem.
I said I would be happy with one of the M3s he has in the rack. He said if you think the Daystate is bad dont even think about an FX. Dont they want to sell guns?

My quandary now is what to replace it with.
M3
ATG Vulcan 3
ATG Uragan 2
I think somehow you got a bad Apple. Don’t let that sour you on Daystate as a brand. Everyone I’ve had over the past five years has been very accurate and reliable. My latest thst I just got less than two months ago, a .30 Delta Wolf, was good enough after I just slapped a spare scope on and worked out a DOPE chart to finish 3rd out of 60 at the Utah EFT GP event this past weekend. The vast majority of the guns it beat were Impacts and Crowns. 😉