Daystate Delta Wolf release date

It's worth the wait trust me! once people realise the potential of the feedback from the chrono to the GCU and it's self correcting features they will be clambering over each other to get their hands on one.

It won't be long now, the final programming is being done to the first batch and the release video was shot recently and should be shown in the next couple of weeks I suspect.

Hold onto your hats boys it's going to be exciting!

My only comment related to release dates........Covid-19. 

As for "not much interest," "it had potential," and "overwhelmingly unimpressed"..........all of these comments were made by folks who have not shot nor handled one. Simply because there aren't any Deltas out in the wild right now (except for possibly a few in the Daystate testers hands).

Anyway, my general opinion of the idea of the Delta Wolf aligns with @spray1mark. Game changer.

Prior to spending some time with a Red Wolf and the factory programmer, I wasn't very sold on the idea of the DW. BUT, seeing what that programmer can make the gun do (notwithstanding the rather clunky nature of the programmer, both in its aesthetics and the very act of programming) changed my tune considerably. Imagine being able to make a gun shoot a projectile at whatever speed you want it to (accuracy/bc/efficiency/etc testing), EASILY. Imagine being able to share tuning parameters via bluetooth to a different gun (a rumor I've heard). Imagine a gun that measures the fps of every projectile sent down the tube, WITHOUT having to set up a chrono/labradar or hang crap off the end of the gun. Imagine the guns electronic control unit taking that fps collection and accounting for it in the next shot to maintain a consistent fps. Etc. etc. etc.

I was thoroughly impressed with the Red Wolf's electronics, and it is the PREDECESSOR to the advanced electronics coming in the Delta Wolf. There is also the fact that Daystate has been putting out electronic guns for something like 20 years. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out. I think we're all going to be blown away. 

Yep it's a lot of money, and yep it has been a long wait. You get what you pay for is one of those cheesy idioms that holds true much more often than not. As for the wait, I don't think any of us saw this 'rona situation coming and even if we did, it falls squarely into the "factors outside of anyone's control" category. 

I’m looking forward to see what it delivers. You cannot knock something that you haven’t seen perform yet.

As for the Built in chronograph , I be interested to see how that works with the GCU. The reason I ask is I don’t think it will change settings during a shot string because velocity has a lot to do with weight. If it calculates a pellet going faster could be the pellet was lighter so if it adjust to compensate for it then the second pellet if heavier will go slower. Where I think it comes in is you tell what speed you want to achieve and when it fires it measures the first shot and adjust their after to ensure the next shot hits the same speed as long as the pellet is the same weight.

Just speculating but great ideas can be delivered.

First it’s a bit rich for my blood and I would rather buy many other guns for the same money. 

second it’s a gun for people already have too many guns, I’m not one of them...yet.

third, the idea is interesting and uninteresting to me at the same time. I work on computers all day and program difference things and collect all the logs etc etc.....when I get home I just want to shoot something more mechanical or just shoot. 

been shooting my second hand crosman 1720t and punching 1/2 inch holes at 22 yards is plenty accurate for me, doesn’t even have a regulator. it’s helping me with my trigger pull and such, once a while I’m rewarded 1/4 inch group. My impact doesn’t even get much love these days but have slug setup on max and cheap crossman set on minim with same POI or zero at 20 yards, I’m good for a while. I’m sure it’s a great value to some but not really all that interesting to me, I can tune my impact in matter of minutes but harmonic tuning will take some time which I assume the delta wolf will also need. But with settings on my phone I can get back to my last tune very quickly. 

one thing I don’t like about the design is the barrel sits quite forward so it’s going to be a fairly sizable/almost semi bullpup.

All this electronic stuff sounds incredibly fascinating and full of potential, including potential for breakdown. But revolutions of this sort are inevitable and I look forward to them happening. If anything, I worry that the lack of competition will make poor quality easy to sustain. I'd like more people on board and challenging so that standards remain high rather than that the market congeal around one maker and freeze it in time and competence.

So far, though, be bold and stride mighty, lads. I'm really looking forward to what you put out and would jump all over the chance to shoot one.

qball, agreed, it could have been 2" shorter. 32 v 34.

from the picture it’s more like 3-4 inches. Like they say, every inch counts! 

let me explain my reservation on the electronic stuff. The Daystate computer will adjust everything for you and you just dial a speed but sounds like there are some programming involved? The way I look at it is it’s kinda like a Tesla that drives for you. You set to 80 and it just goes which is great transportation to get you to work. On weekends I would rather drive something more like my 4x4 from the 90s because I enjoying driving it, it’s NOT transportation to get me to work, it’s something I enjoy driving and tinker with here and there. 

the Daystate sounds great but if they take the tuning part away then it’s just a gun that shoots. Maybe one day it will have integrated scope so I don’t have to change zero even but it’s great if I use it to earn a living or for work. But for enjoyment I found myself leaning more towards older more mechanical ones and even non-regulated Airguns. Not because they shoot better but I enjoy the “drive” or the process of tuning and getting better with them. 

hope that makes sense. 

$500 cheaper in the US than in the UK (where it is made), that for me (being UK based) is quite aggravating,

I would still have one, where I better off.

You do realise that in the UK, 20% VAT is inluded in the advertised price, while in the state sales tax varies from state to state so is not show as part of the advertised price? The UK rifle is cheaper than the USA version once you take this into account.

$500 cheaper in the US than in the UK (where it is made), that for me (being UK based) is quite aggravating,

I would still have one, where I better off.

You do realise that in the UK, 20% VAT is inluded in the advertised price, while in the state sales tax varies from state to state so is not show as part of the advertised price? The UK rifle is cheaper than the USA version once you take this into account.

That can't be logically true. As you say, state sales taxes vary. So what is true for one is not going to be true for all.

The U.K. price is predicted to start at 2,450 pounds ($3,127.79) including VAT.

On average, U.S. state taxes are about 8%. With an advertised price in the U.S. of about $3K for the Delta Wolf, plus tax, would equal $3,200.00. Definitely on par, if not more than in the U.K. But it is interesting that the cost of shipping a product made in England to the U.S. (taxes, duty, shipping costs, etc) does not impose a much higher cost penalty to the consumer.

So don't complain about the U.K. price, my friend, it all comes to even in the end. Of course, in the U.S we are talking higher power guns in standard, and much higher in HP. So I guess we are getting more in the end.