Daystate Delta Wolf issues?

I'm trying to gauge what type of issues the Delta Wolf is having. I am on the waiting list for one and I'm waiting for that call from AoA that tells me I can buy one. So far in this forum, I've seen 2 issues. One which seems to be a loose connection to the chrono and another where the gun was only shooting at 600fps. I'm not trying to start a war. I just want to be better informed before I buy one as the price of this gun is not cheap at all.

Whenever buying something new just released Even from big time companies there's always a chance of teething issues.

There have been reports of electronic Daystates having to be sent back for dealer warranty that could not be rectified through even the experts here on AGN.

Same with some other high dollar popular respected brands as well known that had to be sent in for warranty even when brand new.

Even the Taipan Veteran I thought was the most reliable trouble free gun money can buy had documented regulator issues and buggered up crown (that still shot fantastic believe it or not).

That's EXACTLY what you have a WARRANTY for.

Can't realistically expect anything perfect in life no matter how much money they cost because nothing's perfect.

Even my Steyr PRO-X wasn't perfect from the start. IT IS NOW.

Even if you buy what I think is the last of the high dollar high end trouble free built like a tank gun (RAW HM1000X) you still have to replace the factory silencer to make it perfect.

Then there's the Cricket I don't know why they have to be gone through by Charlie or Derrick if they are supposed to already be perfect.

Zbroia appears to be the lowest priced likely best bang 4 the buck in the Taipan Kaliburgun Edgun Vulcan category but still not perfect.

The HW100 and HW110 are surprisingly drama free they are likely considered boring.

Theres also the boring drama free Daystate Huntsman Regal XL and Revere.

Daystate Renegade too just grab it and shoot always on the mark.

Marauders in all forms are boring too just keep on going and the Maximus and 1701P and 1720T and Challenger.

So are the Krals and non Semiauto sub $500 Hatsans.

And the Royales and Boss.

And there's them BSAs.

And single shot Edguns.

And MOST Air Arms.

And MOST Korean guns.

And MOST Steyrs and FWBs and high end competition Walthers Pardini and Morini.

And Brocock (only when filled properly).

Feel free to add what you guys think I missed in the boring drama free category.

I've had mine for a while now from the first shipment... Mine is the one that has the "loose" connection of the connection from the breech to the shroud for the chrono. I haven't looked at it yet but I think it just needs the shroud connection loosened and moved a mm closer to the breech so the spring loaded contacts make better electrical contact. The gun shoots great, is very accurate, and the electronics work as advertised. I've only shot pellets with mine but a friend shoots slugs and they shoot lights out. With the .25 heavy pellets its also very accurate. My buddy Tony shot it at the Extreme Field Target in Phoenix last month and came within one shot of the winning score (not counting the off hand lane). The trigger first stage is a little heavier than a Red Wolf, but I think that was intentional, and its still a great trigger. Cocking is effortless, the magazine functions flawlessly, and the weight is about the same as my Impact. 

My complaints are few and far between. The gun is LOUD and needs a moderator. Reg pressure seems to vary some with temperature - but that does not affect the pellet velocity, as the electronics compensate for any minor reg pressure variance. To explain, if I set the reg to 152 bar at home in the morning when its 55 or 60 degrees, and take it to shoot in the desert where its 90 degrees, the reg pressure will decrease about ten bar. But then when you return to the 60 degree location reg pressure returns to 152. Odd, but it doesn't affect my ES at all. The gun does not have a 20 or 25 MOA rail, which would be nice and not really add to the cost of the gun... Battery life could be better. If you charge the gun on a Friday and shoot for 4 or 5 hours both Sat and Sun, you'll need to charge it again prior to the next weekend. 

For a first release these comments are minor and the gun is rock solid. Its NOTHING like when the Impact first came out and all the myriad of issues and leaks that were prevalent... Buy with confidence. If something were to happen you have a 5 year warranty and AoA is excellent with warranty work, but you probably won't need to use them for that...

Thank you for the reassurances. I think I will still buy it once I get the call from AoA. A big part of it is because of the 5 year warranty.

Reg pressure seems to vary some with temperature - but that does not affect the pellet velocity, as the electronics compensate for any minor reg pressure variance. To explain, if I set the reg to 152 bar at home in the morning when its 55 or 60 degrees, and take it to shoot in the desert where its 90 degrees, the reg pressure will decrease about ten bar. But then when you return to the 60 degree location reg pressure returns to 152. Odd, but it doesn't affect my ES at all.

Just to clarify, in your case, if say you set your velocity at, say, 900 FPS at 152 bars reg pressure but the next shot you take was in a hotter weather and the reg is 10 bars higher at 162 bars, would that first shot be outside the normal extreme spread or would the computer know to compensate so that the velocity would still be as close to 900 FPS as possible even with a slightly different reg pressure?

Thank you for the reassurances. I think I will still buy it once I get the call from AoA. A big part of it is because of the 5 year warranty.

Just to clarify, in your case, if say you set your velocity at, say, 900 FPS at 152 bars reg pressure but the next shot you take was in a hotter weather and the reg is 10 bars higher at 162 bars, would that first shot be outside the normal extreme spread or would the computer know to compensate so that the velocity would still be as close to 900 FPS as possible even with a slightly different reg pressure?

No, the reg pressure decreases slightly as temperature goes up. So reg pressure varies inversely with temperature. If you have the reg set at 152 bar, and the gun shooting at 900 FPS, then go to the desert where its 90 degrees. The reg pressure will lower to the low 140s, but the gun will still shoot 900 FPS. The electronics change the "dwell" or how hard the hammer is hit, based on variables input into the GCU (Gun Control Unit). So with the lower reg pressure the gun determines that the "hit" by the hammer on the valve should be reduced to the correct "dwell" to give a consistent shot velocity. Additionally, in Factory mode, the chrono also feeds back input to the GCU and works to maintain the set speed that the user wants. Make sense?

No, the reg pressure decreases slightly as temperature goes up. So reg pressure varies inversely with temperature. If you have the reg set at 152 bar, and the gun shooting at 900 FPS, then go to the desert where its 90 degrees. The reg pressure will lower to the low 140s, but the gun will still shoot 900 FPS. The electronics change the "dwell" or how hard the hammer is hit, based on variables input into the GCU (Gun Control Unit). So with the lower reg pressure the gun determines that the "hit" by the hammer on the valve should be reduced to the correct "dwell" to give a consistent shot velocity. Additionally, in Factory mode, the chrono also feeds back input to the GCU and works to maintain the set speed that the user wants. Make sense?

Yes, thank you for the clarification. This was what I was worried about because for pest control duties, I never know when the next shot will be. It doesn't matter to me if the pressure in the plenum fluctuates as long as the computer is smart enough to compensate. I guess this is the MCT in action.

When Centercut and myself received our Delta Wolfs we did a lot of communicating working out the details of how to shoot the gun his came out shooting pretty good the one I have we struggled a little bit with the speed and it didn’t seem to be communicating well between gauges and pressures but after a little while I have about 600 rounds through it now plus the gun has settled down and is shooting real well so just be patient and the gun kind of breaks in and things start making more sense as you adjust I still run mine on factory settings But I did go into the advance setting the little programming but went back to the factory setting and then everything started working real well just took a little time so good luck

Depending on how you shoulder the gun, the factory cheekpiece "overlap" may prevent magazine insertion from that side. Therefore, I you are considering increasing shooting capacity with an extra opposite side inserted magazine you may run into this inconvenience. PRS's adjustable cheekpiece may solve the problem albeit any a cost.

Had feeding problems with an erratically rotating magazine. Sometimes it rotates allowing pellet chambering , sometimes it does not. New magazine is being sent at no charge.

Gun is noisy. Put a Hugget M20 30 cal. Magna moderator and got pellet clipping. I am currently in the process of remediating the issue by verifying the threading and barrel fit or by increasing the moderator's exit hole in conservative diameter increments as required.

Gun balance and weight are very good. Still too early to fully explore its potential. IMHO aside from the built -in chronograph advantage, the FX M3 might be a top contender at a substantially reduced cost.

I have the 30, clipping from the get go with Donny FL Shogun, adapter (not Donny FL) may have been the issue, but no clip with the Ronin, so a mystery. I put on the ODB no problems with Mod as no adapter needed, big hole. I tried many settings, have not been able to get good groups for very long. started to get decent groups at 33 yrds but then started to wander eratically to where it was not safe to shoot. Compared to my fully tuned MK11, with Huma reg, dual port enlarged transfers, Slug probe, and tune from UA, heavy slug liner. Get 1 and a half mags using the Varmint Knocker 50 grain slug, shooting 966 to 979. 1 inch groups at a 100 yrds no problem.

I get that perfection takes time, trial and error, my beef is you shell out 3400 for the gun, 1,000 in accessories, 900 for good scope and the gun is a disappointment. Both in power and accuracy compared to my fully tuned MK II. Now what the M3 offers, power wise and tuning...at 1200 less out the door...has me drooling as my M3 just came in and I have a Dwolf for sale once it get's back from warranty, with all the PRS goodies, arca rail, monopod and adjustable but stock, ODM suppressor

I have had the gun for about 6 weeks, shot it 4 times...bought if because of Dana Webb's video, I got nothing like he did, never got the 49.5 grn Nielsen's going 960. So if Daystate get it to shoot straight it will be my 100 yrd bench rest gun or I just get the M3 which just came in...

I got a poor performing gun...welcome to air gunning...all will be well in a few months or until the M3 arrives...all good to have a warranty but that is not why we shell out 5 k for a set up...now you are in warranty limbo for months...just give me my money back minus the 30% restock fee and I can still get the M3...and be shooting next week...