Daystate DELTA WOLF (Full Review ) Part 1 ...Is it worth $3,000?

daystate-delta-wolf.1644628699.JPG

Hey guys. I was finally able to take some time and shoot my Delta Wolf. The video is nothing special...but the gun sure is! This video will give you an introduction to the Delta Wolf's accuracy, as well as answer some important questions about this $3400 pellet gun. This will be part 1 of at least 4 videos. Thanks for watching! -Nate 

https://youtu.be/37qsI5CpFI4

P.S. This video also shows $3400+ worth of antique targets. Rare look into my personal collection!

daystatedeltawolf-review.1644628930.JPG

Probably due to bad quality control issues and their designed purpose marketed specifically for the long range fire arms shooters as entry level scopes.

Not suited for air gunners note Nates inability to focus clearly at his 36 yard distance.

This isn't the first time I heard complaints about the inability to focus Arken scopes clearly shooting under 100 yards. Yes under 100 yards and it's supposed to have a 25 yard minimum focus.

If you lucky to get one of the good ones that's great but what happens when it needs warranty later and they out of stock you wait several months with no scope?

There are slnumerous vocal members who were very disappointed with their Arken scopes. Recently jwrabbit posted he tested 20 Arken scopes including the EP and they wouldn't focus clear past 70% of their magnification and only good till 10x or 12x. That is a sample of 20 of them Arkens. Is it possible that all 20 were bad Arken scopes?

There are other Arken dealers who no longer recommend Arken brand due to their potential defects and extended wait times for warranty return exchange.

Too many promoters are only money hungry and commission motivated who don't care about the long term reliability and their customers.

Of course they say it's a great scope since they earn commission for the scopes they sell.

You see past highly trusted reviewers no longer being trusted after they recommended Arken brand just read the comments and the forums people talk.

Sure they got affiliate links to profit and line their pockets with each scope that sell.

Just one example. He is an Arken dealer who actually feels bad for his customers who bought Arken scopes from him. He him self is going to return and ask for a refund for several of his own Arken scopes.

https://youtu.be/2kGRF2jem74

The Element isn't worth the price they normally sell for. Image quality isn't their strong point.

Proof in the first hand complaints and Panther Hollow among other reviewers on YouTube including Cyclops Joe who experienced his review Element Titan not tracking perfectly plus another reviewers did not track perfectly either.

One of the Titans recently sold for $530 including $50 rings and shipping.

$3400 for a pelletgun is a lot of money. I remember back in the 1980s if one bought a Steyr Mannlicher or any other high end rifle they came with shooting certificate done from the factory , so the customer could see the rifle has been tested and passed accuracy control.

I wouldnt mind spend $5000 on an airgun, but if I wanted this particular airgun to shoot a specific ammo I would ask the factory to deliver a proof of accuracy. I dont want to start experiment and later realize things doesn`t work. And thats were the industry right now. Its still on a experimental stage pages up and down here on this forum proves. Gosh..if I got a headconcussion and decided to by an FX M3 I would know which barrel would work or not. I would have start figure out what works and what does not work.

For the high end airguns I would ask the factory to deliver proofs of accuracy like if I want it to shoot a certain slugs specificly. I would want a complete fixed set-up. 

I have plans to buy a Leichy 2 in .177 but I will ask the supplier to deliver accuracy test with JSB slugs at 50meters before I send money.

YOU HAD IT FOR SALE AT ONE TIME DIDNT YOU? NATE WHY THE ARKEN A RED X AND THE ELEMENT A GREEN CHECK EXPLAIN PLEASE

Yes, I had my Delta Wolf for sale. I got the experimental .22 version and the .22 barrel kit was not the one they used in production. ...so it did not shoot well. 

It shot OK...but if you walked up to an M3 and just randomly turned 3 of the 5 adjustment dials..the M3 would a still shoot better than most guns. That was how I would describe the first .22 kit, like an untuned M3...it shot 9 out of 10...but I expect 10 out of 10 from a Daystate. 

Then I went out with the .25 kit and was getting nickle groups at 35 yards (with the ARKEN scope), I almost sent the gun back to AOA, then I thought, "maybe try a different scope" 

it was 100% the scope! With the ARKEN, I could get clear crosshairs, but then the dot's I was aiming at would blur. If I focused the dot, the crosshairs would be blurry. To shoot that ARKEN at all, you have to put your parallax wheel far from where it's marked....like at 70 yards when your shooting at 40 yards. I'm sure the SH4 shines at long ranges...but the 100 yard and under parallax is all screwed up. 

Would the average shooter notice this? Probably not, but I'm going for perfection here.

I'm so glad I tried the HELIX before I sent the Delta Wolf back to AOA, I would have looked like a huge idiot!

Rigbymauser:

You say you would spend $5000 on a pellet gun if it shot the right ammo well....

You want a Thomas HP. It cost $5000 and it comes with it's own die to swag the ammo (slugs). It's the about the worlds most accurate gun. Mr. Thomas himself sling these slugs at 100 yards in competition and they can't me matched. These are full high power guns! The Thomas is winning all the competitions now, worldwide. 

You should get one! 

I have plans to buy a Leichy 2 in .177 but I will ask the supplier to deliver accuracy test with JSB slugs at 50meters before I send money.

Don't hold your breath for that to happen - ever.

I figured so. I simply won’ t send money to an experiment. Had the Leishy costed $1200 it would have been something else, but €2500 + stuff I want assurance that the gun I recieve has passed an accuracy test for one thing. I have no desire to tamper and tinker myself with such airgun. I want to buy something that delivers out-of-the-box.

Good video. That rifle is amazing.. $3400 worth.. I don't know about that.. What you said about the Red Wolf and other Daystates.. Have no value to me at any price.. They are just too nice to take out and hunt... Like taking a Rolls on a WY gravel road.... 

Look forward to your next video..

I take my RedWolf out in the woods hunting all the time. Have no issues with scratches or anything else. I also dont use the rifle as a hammer either, just be mindful of where you placing the rifle and you will be fine.

I take my RedWolf out in the woods hunting all the time. Have no issues with scratches or anything else. I also dont use the rifle as a hammer either, just be mindful of where you placing the rifle and you will be fine..

That is true. They are not as delicate as they look. I would personally take a Red Wolf camping as well. Not hunting because I don't shoot fur babies. I get my food at the grocery store. 

(edit) 

Nate,

given the Leshiy, I am curious if you think that Daystate may in future developments offer semi-automatic airguns. I seems to be the logical evolution for high performance airguns, no? Where else would Daystate be able to go from the Delta Wolf? Or, are the Brits set into repeaters? 

How confident are you about the electronics in the back? I am always a bit weary about electronics in outdoor settings unless someone took time to really, really harden them. While I heard that Daystate has taken care to protect from splash like light rain, what were to happen if I and or the rifle end up in a puddle for a while? I know of a few users that had water infiltration issues, but I'm not sure if that has been fixed. Again, it's extreme environmental situations that I am wondering about bc for $4K,(if you pay for tax, shipping and a few tins) I want something that is bullet proof. My concern would be that most folks who pay over 2K for guns, they baby them instead of "throw" into the back of a truck like one could do w/a reasonably expensive AR. I would gather that bouncing the gun around is done if someone else paid for the gun or money does not mean much. A 4K gun by most people will not be exposed to potentially dangerous environments for the electronics unless there is no or minimal risk for damage.

Can you do a review putting the rifle through hostile environments such as putting the rifle in a shower for 20 minutes (bc I've been in heavy rain that has lasted that long), putting the rear under water (I've swum w/my Tarantula on my back across a lake) and so forth. Do you think the Daystate would hold up?

I just wanted to clarify that I do not mean to be facetious. I am rather very interested to find out about the hardiness of the gun. Since you have a well visited channel, such review would be very helpful (I think?). Just not sure if you would want to risk your personal gun for such thing, or if a supplier would be willing to let you choose a random gun for such trials as a given gun runs the risk of "special treatment.". What does the warranty say about water entry and mucking up the electronics? I am really asking bc I live a active lifestyle and either via car or MC, I'll try not to let environmental barriers impede me, at least most of the time. Never had issues w/firearms doing so, but I have switched over and thus want to have something rugged but accurate in my "arsenal". Does the Delta Wolf fit that bill? 

Nate,

given the Leshiy, I am curious if you think that Daystate may in future developments offer semi-automatic airguns. I seems to be the logical evolution for high performance airguns, no? Where else would Daystate be able to go from the Delta Wolf? Or, are the Brits set into repeaters? 

How confident are you about the electronics in the back? I am always a bit weary about electronics in outdoor settings unless someone took time to really, really harden them. While I heard that Daystate has taken care to protect from splash like light rain, what were to happen if I and or the rifle end up in a puddle for a while? I know of a few users that had water infiltration issues, but I'm not sure if that has been fixed. Again, it's extreme environmental situations that I am wondering about bc for $4K,(if you pay for tax, shipping and a few tins) I want something that is bullet proof. My concern would be that most folks who pay over 2K for guns, they baby them instead of "throw" into the back off a truck like one could do w/a reasonably expensive AR..I would gather that bouncing the gun around is done if someone else paid for the gun or money does not mean much. A 4K gun by most people will not be exposed to potentially dangerous environments for electronics..

I don't think Daystate would make a semi-auto just to sell guns...or to keep up with Edgun. They are into making the most accurate rifles on the planet. I'm thinking they will continue to pursue perfection. With people like Daystate and FX...it's never over...there is always somehwere else to go, even if we think thier products are as perfect as is possible. Those people are super smart...they have things going on in thier heads that we little brains could never understand. They never stop innovating and improving...never. 

I don't think Daystate will make a semi-auto because closed bolt guns, repeater guns are more accurate...and that's what they do. Leave that to LCS. They perfected the semi auto. I shot a dime group at 100 yards with that gun on my first try. (the LCS .25 cal). 

The gun should be fine under normal conditions. If you want a bulletproof gun then buy an EVOL. That gun will survive a nuclear blast. This gun will cost you nearly $4k with accesories and a scope, but it won't have magic powers, like being able to survive a swimming pool. If you need a Rambo style special forces Airgun, then get something mechanical, like a RAW chassic gun. At the same time, I think the Delta Wolf can be banged around a fair amount with no damage. It's probably alot less delicate than an Impact...which I have heard don't like being bumped.

Can you do a review putting the rifle through hostile environments such as putting the rifle in a shower for 20 minutes (bc I've been in heavy rain that has lasted that long), putting the rear under water (I've swum w/my Tarantula on my back across a lake) and so forth. Do you think the Daystate would hold up?

Ummm. Daystate didn't give me that gun. I had to pay $3200 for it, used. ...so negative on the torture testing. Daystate can't afford to give rifles away, even to someone with half a million views on 6 full length Daystate reviews. It's not like my videos actually sell guns...c'mon guys...get real. 

Airgun Channel's Daystate Reviews:

Daystate Pulsar Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLv0X4FvJSg

Daystate Airwolf CDT Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHNmp8o74FE

Daystate Wolferine R Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPTZ_8AbQKE

Daystate Wolverine Super Grade Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caUbqvAbM2s

Daystate Red Wolf Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rtx0dvKDA

Daystate Delta Wolf Unboxing and Basic Operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0GbSRNRg7U

Daystate Delta Wolf Barrel Kit, Caliber Change, Tuning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiBnregHDIs

Daystate Delta Wolf Review Part 1:

https://youtu.be/37qsI5CpFI4

Thanks for the response, helpful!

Maybe you're selling yourself short about the videos? I would venture folks make decisions based in part on video reviews, which probably are the kicker to a sale. The more informative, the more sales, bc otherwise, what does the buyer have to go by? Advertisement, reputation? I am not so sure if that sells the guns on their own. Usually it is some sort of feedback from actual users either via word-to-mouth or videos, no? 

But at any rate, thanks for the videos, I find them helpful and informative. I can tell you that I bought my RAW after reading the stats, some blurbs on the web and finally bc of one of your vids.

D

Is it true if you let the battery go below a certain voltage it becomes ruined?

well...Lipo batteries don't want to go below 3.4 volts per cell...so on that battery, 11.1v or 12v, it has 3 cells at 4v each = 12v.

so it would be damaged if it goes below about 10v. When it's charged fully it will be at 12.6v, when it gets to 11.1v it's time to recharge

I'm into RC cars. They use Lipo batteries. There are strict rules to Lipos that Daystate seems to ignore. They must be stored at around 50% or 3.8v per cell or they become damaged. If you store them at full power, they swell up and become damaged. They won't last as long. ...and of course you can't run them all the way down or they won't charge back up. If you leave a Lipo fully charged for over 3 days it will swell. So when I charge my RC car batteries, I have to drive my RC car within 3 days, even if I don't want to.

Maybe the Lipo laws don't apply to these batteries? I don't know if that's possible.

If you had your Lipos fully charged most the time, they may swell, but the only result would be shorter life and less power than a properly managed Lipo. Maybe that's not a problem in the DW because it's doesn't require much power...not like RC cars and drones. ????

Note: When your battery indicator says "Empty" on the DW screen. It probably means it's at 11.1v...and then when it says full, your at 12.6v. Most RC cars will shut off before it goes below 3.4v per cell, so it won't kill the Lipo battery. I'm sure the DW does to...so it would be impossible to get a battery below 11.1v. The gun would probably shut off. 

Maybe you're selling yourself short about the videos?

I know. I was kidding around. Daystate never asked me to make airgun videos. I did it on my own...and then I want free gun. Kind of silly on my part.

Some companies advertise through Youtube, some don't. If Daystate doesn't choose to promote thier guns that way, it's all good. I'm happy to spend my money on those guns. They are worth every penny!

AOA has been good to me. They gave me that .25 cal barrel kit....so I can't complain. ...but I still do. -Nate