Tuning Daystate Delta Wolf, flagship has QC issues Video

As a DW owner I sympathize with you 100 %, considering your lack of easy access to factory service in your country, unlike owners who have immediate access to service and may not be able to understand the frustration. You are absolutely right; any pricey airgun should not suffer from those problems. Because I live in a US territory, the thought (and expense) of sending my gun to an authorized repair center in the continental US is of great concern. At the same time , I must admit that AOA 's Jared Clark has always been very forthcoming and always ready to help and or take care of the situation. ( faulty magazine & battery going bad.). 

Hope that you can have your DW fixed locally.

Good shooting!

LFCM

Glad I haven't had any issues with my RedWolf, knock on wood. Though when trying to get ahold of Daystate for questions or looking for parts for older guns..... there has never been a response from them.

Hope you are able to get the issue fixed and everything turns good for you. I would assume that a roll pin would be easy enough to get ahold of, then put a punch in the one side to flare out the end and hold things in place. Though I agree that is a very simple thing that should have been taken care of at the factory

While I wouldn’t mind experiencing a Daystate. I hear great things about them. I’m very concerned about electronics. Electronic can be and are awesome, However, long term they tend to degenerate faster than mechanical designed products.

I work in a factory with 20-30 cnc machines…seems like every other day you have electronic problems to hash out. And these are commercial high end electronics…some of them 10-15 years old. They age a lot better that most consumer electronics. 

now apply that thought to the consumer electronics, like cell phones, EarPods, the stuff that has a 30% failure rate inside of a year. Batteries tend to start degrading right after being manufactured. Crazy!

I don’t think Daystate will be able to avoid this issue, and at some point the product will be severely devalued simply because of old electronics. or worse, the old “no longer supported” excuse. 

While I can’t say I’m never going to own one…I would most certainly try my best to maintain the most current model. :) for sure, it’s no theoben 

While I wouldn’t mind experiencing a Daystate. I hear great things about them. I’m very concerned about electronics. Electronic can be and are awesome, However, long term they tend to degenerate faster than mechanical designed products.

I work in a factory with 20-30 cnc machines…seems like every other day you have electronic problems to hash out. And these are commercial high end electronics…some of them 10-15 years old. They age a lot better that most consumer electronics. 

now apply that thought to the consumer electronics, like cell phones, EarPods, the stuff that has a 30% failure rate inside of a year. Batteries tend to start degrading right after being manufactured. Crazy!

I don’t think Daystate will be able to avoid this issue, and at some point the product will be severely devalued simply because of old electronics. or worse, the old “no longer supported” excuse. 

While I can’t say I’m never going to own one…I would most certainly try my best to maintain the most current model. :) for sure, it’s no theoben 

Most machinists are also hard on the machines. Have worked on Haas machines for years, and typically the issues come from the stupid operators.

Have had my RedWolf and other electronic daystates for years, and have never had issues. Even up here in the fridged north with the snow and water...zero issues.

Reactions: Smitty911
Have had my RedWolf and other electronic daystates for years, and have never had issues. Even up here in the fridged north with the snow and water...zero issues.

I've had my .22 Red Wolf HP (Bleu) for about two years now with well over 10,000 pellets and slugs shot through it with no issues. No POI shift, no speed shift, no air leaks, nothing. Pick it up, turn it on and shoot. Period. Oh, did I mention its the most accurate gun I own, and the most accurate High Power airgun I've ever shot? Yup, sure is....

I've had my .22 Red Wolf HP (Bleu) for about two years now with well over 10,000 pellets and slugs shot through it with no issues. No POI shift, no speed shift, no air leaks, nothing. Pick it up, turn it on and shoot. Period. Oh, did I mention its the most accurate gun I own, and the most accurate High Power airgun I've ever shot? Yup, sure is....

Similar is positive feedback from me on Daystate Safari .25 HP.

But this Delta Wolf proved to be opposite. 

Bhaur 

I said to myself, I wished my first Daystate would have been anything but the Delta Wolf. It may have ruined that brand with me for life. In spite of the wonderful cocking and trigger, it has the hassle of charging (and trust me the DW is NO charge it every few months gun), electronics that are beyond the servicing abilities of most end users, and potential issue of water intrusion, it made the Crown Continuum an easy choice.

I’ve heard good things about the red wolf, no doubt. 

but my concerns are 8-12y’s down the road.