Daystate Delta Wolf barrel clean

I believe the shroud and chrono must remain connected to the barrel even during cleaning of the bore. Daystate recommend the use of a soft brush to clean the bore - so as to prevent damage to the chrono.

So, my question, if I get stubborn lead fouling how am I supposed to clean the bore without the use of a bronze brush ?

Extracted from the manual:

BARREL CLEANING 

For optimum performance, the barrel should be periodically cleaned with a 
barrel cleaning solution recommended for air rifles. Daystate recommends the 
use of cleaning pellets or soft brush. A wire brush must not be used on the 
Delta Wolf as it may damage the chronograph module. The barrel shroud and 
chronograph assembly is made as a unit and should not be stripped down.

SmartSelect_20220125-132323_Google PDF Viewer.1643117314.jpg

And yet the parts list shows 2 grub screws attaching barrel to shroud. Presumably easy to remove ?

From the schematic it would appear that the shroud and chrono can easily be separated from the barrel for bore cleaning.

But, the fact that Daystate replacement barrels come with the shroud and chrono attached as a single unit makes me wonder, especially as the manual specifically excludes the use of a wire brush to prevent damage to the chrono.

Why exclude the use of a wire brush if the shroud can be removed ?

From the schematic it would appear that the shroud and chrono can easily be separated from the barrel for bore cleaning.

But, the fact that Daystate replacement barrels come with the shroud and chrono attached as a single unit makes me wonder, especially as the manual specifically excludes the use of a wire brush to prevent damage to the chrono.

Why exclude the use of a wire brush if the shroud can be removed ?

Because they know that many folks will not remove it, and want a quick and easy cleaning. Of course, you may never need any more than a pull-through cleaning, and the whole issue may be moot. 

Reactions: Stone02
Remove the two grub screws at the back of the shroud. 
Slide shroud off. 
Loosen two grub screws from the shroud ring, the same part that the first screws came out of. 
Unscrew the chronograph while at the same time turning the loosened shroud ring as they are connected by a wire. 
Reassemble in reverse order but keep a slight space between shroud ring and gun. You will see the electrical connections. The slight gap, just enough to see daylight , will keep prevent the gun from pushing down on the shroud. 

Remove the two grub screws that hold on the shroud. The shroud then pulls off easily. The chrono unit can be removed. The same fitting that holds the shroud screws is held to the barrel with two more grub screws. This is the small connector that has wires running from it to the chrono. Once that small connector is loose you can unscrew the chrono unit and it will come off. Be careful with the wires. They are small gauge. When you reassemble after cleaning make sure you place the connector unit so it makes contact with the connectors on the breech (they are spring loaded) but not pushed tight against. Leave a business card thickness between the two. 
D5AA4324-F63B-4A86-BC0E-3B0AA84F439C.1643124570.jpeg
1E34CB4D-478E-4689-8941-C0AB1B1F04DD.1643124570.jpeg
FCAB6DF0-AEB3-4B11-8A04-12D6C0B4A406.1643124571.jpeg

I'd ask your dealer. Here in the USA we'd call AoA and ask. I don't think they have any barrel kits in yet. You could get a barrel blank and have a gunsmith or machinist make it so it fits the Delta Wolf. Barrels are generally 15mm diameter on the DW. There is also a guy on AGN that makes an adaptor for FX STX barrels to be used.

I'd ask your dealer. Here in the USA we'd call AoA and ask. I don't think they have any barrel kits in yet. You could get a barrel blank and have a gunsmith or machinist make it so it fits the Delta Wolf. Barrels are generally 15mm diameter on the DW. There is also a guy on AGN that makes an adaptor for FX STX barrels to be used.

Good to know.👍