Daystate Daystate Delta Wolf..... A bargain of rifle?

This may sound wierd ....... BUT:

First level Rifle with availability of change of calibers, plus chrony, plus automatic calculations, plus savings on time of tunning (of course the time of everyone cost different, irrespective than being limited on time, must valuable asset we all have is time).

Delta Wolf, being a pricey rifle, at the end is not so expensive .....

Reactions: SorenDrost
i see where your coming from...absolutely, but i know of 2 DW's that have failed in the performance area.
both sent back for warranty and yet to be corrected. i dont know where they were purchased.
Human kind as well as machines made by them, should not be judged by the worst specimens.

This may sound wierd ....... BUT:

First level Rifle with availability of change of calibers, plus chrony, plus automatic calculations, plus savings on time of tunning (of course the time of everyone cost different, irrespective than being limited on time, must valuable asset we all have is time).

Delta Wolf, being a pricey rifle, at the end is not so expensive .....
Yepr - mine are flawless in all calibers!

Received my DW .30 yesterday. OMG! 1st thing I found, the trigger is amazing, factory set I'd say it's the best trigger I have on any PCP's or powder rifles I own. The only other trigger that comes close is the CZ-527 single set trigger. After watching a lot of videos I was up to speed on the LCD interface with only a few questions which I answered by referencing the videos I'd watch. Now it's intuitive, and I'm hooked. The integrated chrono makes adjusting this rifle a breeze. Today is Adv. mode fine calibration and zero the scope. My intention is to find the most efficient setting to not waste air and push slugs out at around 950 fps. To do this I'll start with Voltage at 80, open the valve as quickly as possible, start with timing at 2750us /175bar. After shooting a set I'll increase to 3000us, if the speed goes up i'll increase to 3250us, if it stays the same I'll go down to 2650us. I'm looking for the setting where the valve time dwell gives me the fastest speed which I interpret as the optimum setting to open the plenum. Any time beyond this setting with no speed increase is a waste of air, any setting below this doesn't maximize efficiency which I interpret as optimum volume to fill the barrel at pressure without overfilling the barrel (i.e. waste air). I'm assuming the electro-mechanical repeatability of the rifle is spot on.

Out of the box I'm impressed. Hope the accuracy impresses as much as the rifles cutting edge design.

Up until today I hated my .25 DW as it was the worst grouping PCP I have ever shot. The auto calibration of factory mode in my particular rifle creates awful groupings. I spent around 9 hours (many of which were a waste using factory mode to work with various pellets / reg pressures) to get things dialed in via advanced mode. I could not get pellet on pellet @ 17 yards using factory mode with Hades / Hunters / Hunter Extremes / Polymags or Crow Magnums. Even the domed pellets had poor groupings. Through much trial and error I was able to get what I wanted and it was only by being able to tweak the hammer / volts. Factory mode 850fps and my advanced profile 850fps are nowhere near the same in the accuracy department.

Currently there are three advanced profiles (all at the same reg pressure) for various scenarios and will be working on a domed pellet / slug profile next. Currently I have Crow Magnums @ 605 fps, Hunters @ 845 fps and Hunter Extremes @ 905. It will be nice to have 1 rifle that can fill various roles without touching the reg and a Zulus scope keeps a dumb person like me from having to remember too many zero's.

Really would have been cool for a $3k rifle to work as intended though.

Reactions: mercado
Curious if you tried this. Got factory mode and input your pellet wgt, speed, bbl lgt and set reg to 150/155 and take a few shots. Note reg pressure recommendations. Play with speed until accuracy obtained. Then transfer to advanced mode. Factory mode is fine but reg need to be set 5 bar above minimum pressure to achieve your speed. Do all testing in factory mode.my Alpha 22 tuned to shoot jsb 25.4 @ 930 .

Screenshot_20240302_155755_Strelok Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_155818_Strelok Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_155832_Strelok Pro.jpg

20240302_100610.jpg

20240302_105224.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
Up until today I hated my .25 DW as it was the worst grouping PCP I have ever shot. The auto calibration of factory mode in my particular rifle creates awful groupings. I spent around 9 hours (many of which were a waste using factory mode to work with various pellets / reg pressures) to get things dialed in via advanced mode. I could not get pellet on pellet @ 17 yards using factory mode with Hades / Hunters / Hunter Extremes / Polymags or Crow Magnums. Even the domed pellets had poor groupings. Through much trial and error I was able to get what I wanted and it was only by being able to tweak the hammer / volts. Factory mode 850fps and my advanced profile 850fps are nowhere near the same in the accuracy department.

Currently there are three advanced profiles (all at the same reg pressure) for various scenarios and will be working on a domed pellet / slug profile next. Currently I have Crow Magnums @ 605 fps, Hunters @ 845 fps and Hunter Extremes @ 905. It will be nice to have 1 rifle that can fill various roles without touching the reg and a Zulus scope keeps a dumb person like me from having to remember too many zero's.

Really would have been cool for a $3k rifle to work as intended though.
I'm a true novice with the Delta Wolf, had it for a total of 24 hours. This morning zeroed my scope and set the target out at 50 yards. Set the Huma at 170 bar, in adv. mode set the time to 2750 and volts at 80. Shooting JSB Match Diablo Exact doomed 44.75gr the groups were pretty good increased time in +250us steps to find the best speed & group. Ended up at 3250us and 930 fps. At 50 yards was basically stacking pellets using the lead sled fixture. At 100 yards was getting groups at the same setting about 1.5". Good enough for me. Moved on to Corbin slugs 50gr. I spent the better part of 3 hours 170 bar 80 volts and all over the place on time but couldn't get a satisfactory group at 50 yards....my conclusion, the rifle hates Corbin slugs. So I have some H&N and Howlers on the way. I'm not concerned, it took me 4 different slug manufacturers until my Brocock Sniper XR Magnum .25 showed me it really liked H&N slugs. Process of elimination.

I did try the method recommended by Centercut with the 5 bar, but still no luck. I was also seeing decent swings in fps. Out of curiosity I set the reg to 75bar just to see if that helped, but on the extreme end still had a shot to shot difference of 28+. Shane provided some factory mode settings to help get me started with advanced mode, but those were yielding a 60-80fps difference from what should have been.

Mine was built in April 2022 and fitted with the Ultra Valve before being sent. End of the day I am happy that things are coming together and glad I don't have to do 3-5 shots to get factory mode dialed in when hunting. Would be nice if fps didnt drop 100-140 in advanced mode every time the rifle goes to sleep though.

Reactions: Showme
Mine is +-5 fps after rest and long shut down . Can switch from 18.1 to 25.4 and it will settle in within 3 shots. A software update could be in order. Ps, don't neglect cleaning chrony. Hope it works out.
Thank you, I have done one chrony cleaning while testing and probably getting close to another. Is the +/- 5 fps for both weight of pellets or do you experience a larger increase for one of the weights? Also, what fps are you shooting between those two pellets? I had just assumed the wide range was because I did not optimize, but do not know for sure.

Treks, the concept and tunable aspects is what make the platform so great. In factory mode you can have 3 different wgt pellets. Just adjust speed until accuracy is found. Change wgt same thing. The only time I would go advanced mode would be for benchrest rest. If you plan to lock the gun down for one setting an Fx, Raw or similar guns should be considered. It's designed to be tuned on the fly with the push of a button.

You need more reg pressure. If pressure ie to low gun will search. Try this. Go to factory mode. Input pellet wgt, speed bbl lgt. Set reg to 150 bar or recommendedpressure. Within 5 shots you should have desired speed. Now now degas and lower reg pressure until its 5 bar above minimum pressure to shoot desired speed with accuracy. The gun will remember the last setting after being turned off. Now you can store this in advance mode if you like. This way works for me. Others milage may vary.