• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Daystate Delta Wolf .22 hp POI shift

Hi,
I have done all that I could do to improve the accuracy of Delta Wolf .22 hp.

After barrel polishing, re crowning, making proper muzzle break to throw air backwards to the shroud, keeping slight distance between the chorony connector, almost all the things related to accuracy have been improved.

I also manually tuned the gun and it produced best groups with redesigned .22 25 grain at around 910 to 918 fps.

There is one issue that I couldn't fix. It's the shift of POI.

For every new session I have to re zero the scope. I also put an other reliable scope to see if it's scope's fault, absolutely not.

Sometimes during the session the gun shifts POI and I go crazy having such a costly gun doing all this after putting so much effort.

Now as a last resort I understand that I should develop a barrel holder just like one that is now being used by FX IMPACT M3 to also hold the barrel from the point it comes out of the block.

I feel that some kind of strong barrel holder might resolve all the POI shift issues.

Please share your experience regarding DW POI shift and its permanent remedy.

Regards

Bhaur

It’s similar to the issues that some have with the FX impact. On the Delta/Alpha Wolf, spacing out the shroud with a credit card can help. It allows the barrel to return to center easier after a bump or pressure.

I prefer a very stable POI that is more resistant. So I made a barrel holder/clamp as you described. No more POI issues. I’m surprised some company has yet to offer a barrel clamp for the Daystates.

D55DB5C6-FC76-4D2E-B628-72801413589A.jpeg

FFA20C43-0F92-4F74-976A-50B2F2EA79E3.jpeg

Hi,
I have done all that I could do to improve the accuracy of Delta Wolf .22 hp.

After barrel polishing, re crowning, making proper muzzle break to throw air backwards to the shroud, keeping slight distance between the chorony connector, almost all the things related to accuracy have been improved.

I also manually tuned the gun and it produced best groups with redesigned .22 25 grain at around 910 to 918 fps.

There is one issue that I couldn't fix. It's the shift of POI.

For every new session I have to re zero the scope. I also put an other reliable scope to see if it's scope's fault, absolutely not.

Sometimes during the session the gun shifts POI and I go crazy having such a costly gun doing all this after putting so much effort.

Now as a last resort I understand that I should develop a barrel holder just like one that is now being used by FX IMPACT M3 to also hold the barrel from the point it comes out of the block.

I feel that some kind of strong barrel holder might resolve all the POI shift issues.

Please share your experience regarding DW POI shift and its permanent remedy.

Regards

Bhaur
What scope rings are you using?

Have you tried replacing the breech o ring? Also, It is hard to tell from your photo, but it doesn't look like there is any gap where the barrell/shroud meets the rifle. There is supposed to be enough gap to fit a business card, so that the air from the shroud can vent properly.
I'm no expert, just trying to think of anything that could be causing your poi issue.

Have you tried replacing the breech o ring? Also, It is hard to tell from your photo, but it doesn't look like there is any gap where the barrell/shroud meets the rifle. There is supposed to be enough gap to fit a business card, so that the air from the shroud can vent properly.
I'm no expert, just trying to think of anything that could be causing your poi issue.
Yes the breach O ring is fine and there is reasonable gap where it is required.

Thank you