Daystate compressor test : Please Help

Same compressor tops a 45 min tank from 200 to 310 bar in about 5 minutes. I would consult the dealer asap. Ours came from aoa and they have been good to us. Good luck

LC110's have a 1.1 cubic foot per minute factory fill rating. A 45 minute tank holds 66 cubic feet of air at 4500 psi. In a refill from 200 bar to 310 the LC-110 is adding 22 cubic feet of air into a 45 minute (66cf) tank. Filling a 45 minute tank from 200 to 310 bar takes 20 minutes rather than 5 minutes (22 divided by 1.1 = 20), I suspect the post above is quoting the fill rate for the 220 volt Daystate compressor which fills at 3.5 cfm. I post this for owners to have realistic fill time expectations for their LC-110 compressor. Youtube videos posted by AoA and AEAC both confirm the factory fill rates for this compressor. 

It doesn't take much of a leak in your connections to slow or entirely stop your fill from increasing in pressure. You don't even need to run the compressor to check. If you don't have a PMV or a back check valve Foster in the system, connect the tank to the fill hose and open the tank valve to pressurize the lines. Shut the tank valve then see if the gauge starts to decrease in pressure. If it does you have a leak somewhere. Not all leaks are audible. It is expensive to ship a compressor back to AoA unless you live within driving distance and can bring it yourself. It would be a shame for them to diagnose a line leaking if a compressor repair isn't your problem.

I have experienced leaks for several times at external filters and lines of my Yong Heng, My experience is that if the leak is not audible, the compressor is always able to fill up to 4500 psi and the time taken is not noticeably longer. Even if the leak is audible, it can still fill up to that pressure but it will take significantly more time. I am assuming that the flow rate of Daystate is higher so if there was no audible leak and the pressure stopped at 2500 psi, there are bound to be some other problems. 

I’ve been complaining about this compressor being slow and making noises that didn’t seem “right” to me from the time it was new. I’ve been reassured that it was OK and since I had nothing to compare it too I decided to give it the benefit of my doubt. Now it’s clearly broken. It’s going back to AOA and I’ll keep the forum informed on what they decide to do for me on this.

it has a leak it’s leaking through the INLET PORT....

Very interesting indeed ...... However, I cannot imagine how it can occur. 

In my Yong Heng, the air passage from the outlet to the inlet of the compressor is guarded by two check valves and two reed valves. Air can flow through these valves in one direction only. Unless ALL of them have failed, there is no way that air can can flow from the outlet to the inlet.

But that's just Yong Heng, may be the Daystate has got a very different design. 

Sounds like you have a hole in or a cracked piston if your crankcase is being pressurized. If it's still under warranty, I think it's time to send it back.

I plan to talk to AOA today. It’s out of warranty so let’s see how they handle this. Year and a half with 30 or so hours on it shouldn’t have a catastrophic failure (which I assume this is) 

I talked to Todd at AOA one of the tech's. He agreed that the compressor is clearly broken and thinks it might be a broken piston ring. He told me he was going to talk to Rich and that Rich would be calling me. No call to this moment. I did get a call earlier from Rich who said one of the techs would be calling me SO I'm waiting to see what AOA will do for me. Clearly they have an opportunity to be a hero or a zero on this. Let ya all know. Right now we are playing phone tag on this.

I spoke with Kip and he talked me thru a partial disassembly of the unit and to clean the check valve. I was able to do this but sadly no resolution. So the unit will have to go back. I'm hoping they will allow me to just send the compressor head which would save me significantly on the shipping expense. I see no evidence that there is going to be any warrantee consideration either. This unit was a 2017 and serial number 056. It is what it is. My bad luck. I'm philosophical about it. It can be resolved. Hope not too many others have similar. I don't think I did anything wrong and I'll keep all informed as it goes along.

Packaged and ready to ship tomorrow. Just sending the compressor body not the entire unit which should save a ton on shipping