• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Daystate Alpha Wolf 22cal velocity issue

I own an Alpha wolf almost a year.
I have an issue with velocity.

I choose for example 22CAL 18.13grain 23"Barrel and 900 fps and the rifle shoots 800fps.
I double checked the velocity with an external Crono.

I changed both external O rings at the transfer port and the one smaller in the barrel. still same results.

Any suggestions that would be useful? I run out of ideas and daystate sents me back at the seller.

Thank you in advance

Thank you all for the interest. The latest news are : if i fill the carbon bottle of the rifle over 200 bar after 4-5 shoots the rifle shoots exactly where I asked for (see the photos). If the bottle is under 200 it cannot give velocity. Sounds like regulator issue??

IMG_7150.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7149.jpeg
    IMG_7149.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7147.jpeg
    IMG_7147.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7152.jpeg
    IMG_7152.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Sorry for late reply.
I think the problem is that in Factory mode the rifle will automatic get the right speed if the requested speed and the measured speed on the integrated chronograph is within +/- 100 fps. With your entered request 800 fps and the result measured 600ish the factory mode will not try to correct the speed.
I don.t know the reason to why this was working before but not now.

Deltawolf Factory mode speed compensation.jpg

As you can see from the second bottom line above it needs to be within 100fps + or - to start to compensate the speed.

You can try this:
Set it to 600 fps and let it shoot to it reaches 600 fps.
If ok - Your have to have shot at least 4 consecutive shots where it stays within +/-4 fps before the rifle stores the result.
Then increase the speed to 650 fps and let it shoot until it reach the speed (if it does reach the speed)
Then increase up to 700 fps and shoot again see if it climbs to 700 fps. and so on all the way up to 800 fps.

The factory table below is the data the rifle uses to calculate settings for individual speeds - It will look something like this -
This factory table is my custom settings I added for my Deltawolf .177 / 23" barrel custom named KO13.43. The 1,2,3 and so is table row no.
Row no. 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 are marked with the "target" symbol this indicates that this is settings that the rifle calculated by interpolation. Example speed row 2 is calculated with the settings from row with 970 fps and the row with 960 fps. The rifle added row 2 after it shot 4 consecutive shots within +/- 4 fps.
Note in this I cannot select speeds faster than 970 and slower than 700 since my evaluation was that this would be around the speed I needed for this type slugs.
I do not know what went wrong in your case but your factory table could be corrupted somehow....
The 15.89 gr. and the 13,42 gr. was the only factory tables from the factory :-(
If i look at the values for one of the tables there is a bug Voltage increases at the low speed and up but at the third last lines, Pulse and Volt are equal to the above row with a higher speed..... But I did only use these factory mode the first day that i had the rifle.
I hope this can help you get the rifle back to "life"
Greetings from Denmark

My JSB 13.43 Knockout factory table.jpg

Sorry for late reply.
I think the problem is that in Factory mode the rifle will automatic get the right speed if the requested speed and the measured speed on the integrated chronograph is within +/- 100 fps. With your entered request 800 fps and the result measured 600ish the factory mode will not try to correct the speed.

View attachment 464853

As you can see from the second bottom line above it needs to be within 100fps + or - to start to compensate the speed.

You can try this:
If ok - Your have to have shot at least 4 consecutive shots where it stays within +/-4 fps before the rifle stores the result.
Then increase the speed to 650 fps and let it shoot until it reach the speed (if it does reach the speed)
Then increase up to 700 fps and shoot again see if it climbs to 700 fps. and so on all the way up to 800 fps.

The factory table below is the data the rifle uses to calculate settings for individual speeds - It will look something like this -
This factory table is my custom settings I added for my Deltawolf .177 / 23" barrel custom named KO13.43. The 1,2,3 and so is table row no.
Row no. 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 are marked with the "target" symbol this indicates that this is settings that the rifle calculated by interpolation. Example speed row 2 is calculated with the settings from row with 970 fps and the row with 960 fps. The rifle added row 2 after it shot 4 consecutive shots within +/- 4 fps.
Note in this I cannot select speeds faster than 970 and slower than 700 since my evaluation was that this would be around the speed I needed for this type slugs.
I do not know what went wrong in your case but your factory table could be corrupted somehow....
The 15.89 gr. and the 13,42 gr. was the only factory tables from the factory :-(
If i look at the values for one of the tables there is a bug Voltage increases at the low speed and up but at the third last lines, Pulse and Volt are equal to the above row with a higher speed..... But I did only use these factory mode the first day that i had the rifle.
Greetings from Denmark

View attachment 464859
Interesting point of view . But my rifle always shot whatever i asked about of the box. Suddenly had this issue . It’s not correct that you have to fire 3-4 shots to get the wanted velocity, that’s why I believe it’s the regulator. I ordered one from huma air and also O rings to service the current.

Interesting point of view . But my rifle always shot whatever i asked about of the box. Suddenly had this issue . It’s not correct that you have to fire 3-4 shots to get the wanted velocity, that’s why I believe it’s the regulator. I ordered one from huma air and also O rings to service the current.
Was your rifle always topped up when it was working properly?

Correction you have to shoot 3-4 shots to reach the speed with a new first time selected speed. When the 4 shots within speed +/- 4 fps are shot it stores the settings for that speed. So if you come back to like 800 fps it will already know what pulse and voltage are needed. You can check if your regulator works from your display - if you get the pressure in the display then you know its working. So its more likely to be a mechanical problem - valve sticking or something else. You can try the advanced to see if you can get to the speed with your lower pressure.

I may be totally off base as i have no experience with alpha or delta wolf but i do have a red wolf in 177. I saw where you mentioned a change after 200 bar. My red would shoot great till it hit around 200 bar and the very small groups above 200 bar would turn into a scatter gun below and the problem turned out to be the gcu.
What is the GCU?

Correction you have to shoot 3-4 shots to reach the speed with a new first time selected speed. When the 4 shots within speed +/- 4 fps are shot it stores the settings for that speed. So if you come back to like 800 fps it will already know what pulse and voltage are needed. You can check if your regulator works from your display - if you get the pressure in the display then you know its working. So its more likely to be a mechanical problem - valve sticking or something else. You can try the advanced to see if you can get to the speed with your lower

But i have a question. Is the guns shoots for example 745 but the minimum velocity that the rifle gives me is 900 over +\- 100 . How I will adjust the velocity?

Before you do anything more, pull the hammer and return spring to see if the spring is damaged. I've seen a small number of the springs break... possibly a bad batch of springs. The velocity will be quite erratic if it's broken.
The hammer is accessed through the battery compartment. You'll need to pull the battery, carefully pull the long connector, then twist to unlock the hammer cover and pull it out. The hammer and spring should just fall out. Look for debris in the hammer pocket, also, and blow that out well...
Good luck...
Bob

Before you do anything more, pull the hammer and return spring to see if the spring is damaged. I've seen a small number of the springs break... possibly a bad batch of springs. The velocity will be quite erratic if it's broken.
The hammer is accessed through the battery compartment. You'll need to pull the battery, carefully pull the long connector, then twist to unlock the hammer cover and pull it out. The hammer and spring should just fall out. Look for debris in the hammer pocket, also, and blow that out well...
Good luck...
Bob
No hummer or spring damage .

Sorry for late reply.

View attachment 464853

You can try this:

Greetings from Denmark

View attachment 464859
I have stored some pellts already. Thanks.

No i want to store the JSB 18.13grain.
But when i shoot them it give me velocity 680, but the minimum velocity that i can ask from the rifle is 800 which is over +/- 100.So the rifle doesnt try to fix the fps. How i will manage to increase these pellets?