Daystate Daystate Alpha/Delta Wolf groups, tunes and photos.

Hello everyone! I want to create a thread where people can place there experience, photos, tunes, photos of groups and other information about there Alpha/Delta Wolf's. As im about to pull the trigger on a Alpha Wolf Safari hp with the new 28' slug barrel, I've come through loads of bad post about this airgun. I know the Alpha/Delta is a very capable platform nowadays and i think its deserves a bit more positive attention. After reading this thread about the Red Wolf: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/post-your-daystate-red-wolf-shot-groups-here.715008/post-715650 , I thought lets do the same for the Alpha and Delta🙂.

So feel free to share your best groups, tunes, photos, projectiles, speeds etc... ! For everyone that's looking for information about this airgun.

A photo of a Delta Wolf with the 28' slug barrel and a 700cc bottle that i've come across online.

1713567219858.png

Im new here btw 👋.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I want to create a thread where people can place there experience, photos, tunes, photos of groups and other information about there Alpha/Delta Wolf's. As im about to pull the trigger on a Alpha Wolf Safari hp with the new 28' slug barrel, I've come through loads of bad post about this airgun. I know the Alpha/Delta is a very capable platform nowadays and i think its deserves a bit more positive attention. After reading this thread about the Red Wolf: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/post-your-daystate-red-wolf-shot-groups-here.715008/post-715650 , I thought lets do the same for the Alpha and Delta🙂.

So feel free to share your best groups, tunes, photos, projectiles, speeds etc... ! For everyone that's looking for information about this airgun.

A photo of a Delta Wolf with the 28' slug barrel and a 700cc bottle that i've come across online.

View attachment 457297

Im new here btw 👋.
Welcome!
There are loads of posts about the Alphawolf / Deltawolf so type those words into a search and read read read. Members like @Centercut are very well versed on this wonderful airgun.
Mine is a Deltawolf converted to Alpha with all the valve updates and software updates. My Alpha is currently configured as .177 carbine shooting JSB 13.4’s at 824 FPS for HFT <20 ftlbs but with just 10 minutes it can be a .25/.30 HP EFT rig or coyote hammer shooting 44 grain or bigger at close to 100 ftlbs.
Set up a reminder to charge your battery regularly and clean your chronograph every 250 rounds or if you lube pellets maybe every 500 rounds as the lube keeps the lead dust down.
The factory settings work great and use them for a good long while before fiddling with the advanced settings.
image000001.gif

Welcome!
There are loads of posts about the Alphawolf / Deltawolf so type those words into a search and read read read. Members like @Centercut are very well versed on this wonderful airgun.
Mine is a Deltawolf converted to Alpha with all the valve updates and software updates. My Alpha is currently configured as .177 carbine shooting JSB 13.4’s at 824 FPS for HFT <20 ftlbs but with just 10 minutes it can be a .25/.30 HP EFT rig or coyote hammer shooting 44 grain or bigger at close to 100 ftlbs.
Set up a reminder to charge your battery regularly and clean your chronograph every 250 rounds or if you lube pellets maybe every 500 rounds as the lube keeps the lead dust down.
The factory settings work great and use them for a good long while before fiddling with the advanced settings.
View attachment 457525
I might also add that the short barrels are very accurate! The longer barrels need a bit more speed to match accuracy because they are made different polygonal v ? @Franklink can chime in about this.
Imagine one gun that can be .177/.22/.25/.30 and tuned within 10 minutes once you get the routine down

I got an alpha wolf Safari hp with .25 cal barrel and spare .177 for FT. I run a slightly tuned down from max power tune with 33.95g going about 965fps. I consistently shoot under 1" at 100yds predictably with my 23" barrel and it has been a performer since right out of the box with no mods. I can run up to 980fps with the max power tune. Not sure what gain the 28'' barrel gives for pellets since any faster wont be very accurate. Mine only likes fx hybrids at 1000fps as far as slugs. I tried 44g slugs as i was considering the 28'' and I found they ran 900fps with the stock barrel. It did not like running the 44g in the choked barrel and caused valve lock or something while forcing it out. I started getting 750fps shots. After a little tinkering I got it back and decided unless the 28'' is better with slugs im not seeing the benifit. Love this rifle as a whole and all its features by the way. Reach out to chat over a call sometime or shoot me a message.

Clayton Horn
Precision Sport Airguns

Looking forward to this thread I recently got after a 3 month wait a 25 cal Blue special edition Alpha Wolf number 115 here in Australia.
At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but after a few ajustments I am getting there.
The barrel on mine is great one of the best I've had a tack driver with the 33.95 JSBs which has always been my favorite pellet.
Still testing slugs to find the right one.
Early days for me with this gun but there is a few things I don't like. At first I had to use the magazine counter because it was hard to know when you fired the last shot but it does not activate until you pull the trigger on a empty magazine but the Redwolf alerts you after you fire your last shot.
I knew before buying the gun it takes about 3 shots to get to your velocity when you change the setting but I hate how it drops when the gun has been sitting for a short time.
I have programed 3 setting in the advanced settings and they work well.
I have lots to learn about this gun so any tips or info are welcome.

Reactions: cavedweller
Looking forward to this thread I recently got after a 3 month wait a 25 cal Blue special edition Alpha Wolf number 115 here in Australia.
At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but after a few ajustments I am getting there.
The barrel on mine is great one of the best I've had a tack driver with the 33.95 JSBs which has always been my favorite pellet.
Early days for me with this gun but there is a few things I don't like. At first I had to use the magazine counter because it was hard to know when you fired the last shot but it does not activate until you pull the trigger on a empty magazine but the Redwolf alerts you after you fire your last shot.
I knew before buying the gun it takes about 3 shots to get to your velocity when you change the setting but I hate how it drops when the gun has been sitting for a short time.
@Centercut posted a solution to this velocity problem… it works! Basically you up your regulator pressure by 5 psi ? or a smidge more to account for this.

Reactions: aussiegav
We are testing and adding pellets and slugs to the .177 factory setup at the moment for the ease of use (y) 🎯

And good friend of mine, @engfred started out this project and we will test and add a bunch of pellets and slugs :) 🇩🇰

We are talking .177 FAC or HP edition ! 🙃
I NEVER talk about anything but FAC… shameful 🤐

Have you checked to make sure it is set for the correct magazine capacity?

Dave
IMG_5811.jpeg

I got an alpha wolf Safari hp with .25 cal barrel and spare .177 for FT. I run a slightly tuned down from max power tune with 33.95g going about 965fps. I consistently shoot under 1" at 100yds predictably with my 23" barrel and it has been a performer since right out of the box with no mods
Very nice! 🙂

Not sure what gain the 28'' barrel gives for pellets since any faster wont be very accurate.
The new 28'' barrel 'should be' designed for slugs indeed. they'll be available in end of May.
Also ive read that 23'' barrels that rolling out the factory right now are probably better suited for slugs than the older ones. Apparently Daystate is actively changing their barrel design for better performance with slugs and pellets.

Here is my source: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/delta-and-aplha-wolf-barrels.1309414/

I don't understand way Daystate isn't more transparent.

Last edited:
We are testing and adding pellets and slugs to the .177 factory setup at the moment for the ease of use (y) 🎯

And good friend of mine, @engfred started out this project and we will test and add a bunch of pellets and slugs :) 🇩🇰

We are talking .177 FAC or HP edition ! 🙃
I cant wait for the results! Do you know if that test is done with the 23'' or the 28'' barrel?

Congratulations with your Alpha Wolf! If you can share some results that would be great :)!

Reactions: aussiegav
Hi All,
I did not see this thread before today.

I am doing good progress setting up standard Factory settings for my .177 DW HP with 23" barrel.
So I prepared Factory settings for following
(The Pellets and Slugs in my stock)

Pellets
JSB 8.44 gr. OK
JSB 10.34 gr. OK
JSB 13.43 gr. OK
JSB 16,20 gr.
H&N Bar. FT 9.57 gr. OK

Slugs
Zan 10 gr. OK
Zan 13 gr. OK
Zan 16 gr.
Zan 20 gr.
H&N HP 10 gr. OK
H&N HP 13 gr. OK
H&N HP 16 gr.
H&N HP 20 gr.
JSB KO 10.03 gr. OK
JSB KO 13.43 gr. OK
Nielsen 12.5 gr.
Nielsen 15 gr.

So far i have made and tested Factory settings for the ones with OK on them.
Additional i will make a range of Noname Slugs and Pellets settings too.
One other very nice thing about Factory mode is that you can enter a proper name like "JSB KO 13.43 gr." not like in advance mode "KO13"
When using the Factory mode. Each of the settings like the last speed, and additional speed data calculated by the rifle will be stored under the projectile name Like example ZAN 13.
If I know Zan 13 shoots well at like 940 fps it will if not shot by close to weight slugs like Nielsen 12.5 grain slugs, since it will add data that does not fit Zan to the data set.
So for testing new Pellets there will additionally be a names like: Pel 8, Pel 10, Slug 10, Slug 13 etc.
Now the data is entered shooting at 171 bar, in my DW with the original valve (not the Ultrafire valve that i have ordered).
Maybe there will be a second profiles for lower Pressures and maybe a few for High pressures as well, since my DW is Maxed out at 960 fps with the 13.43 Gr. Knockout at 171 bar - so with the Zan 16 and 20 gr. the pressure will need to be raised to 190 bar.
But shooting 8 and 10 grain pellets in the garden could also be great with Low pressure profiles to harvest precision and shot counts.

I was so surprised to learn that the rifle came from the factory with only two factory settings - 13.42 and 15.89 Nothing else.
Just about all videos you can find is showing how clever the DW and AW are.
All show clips of easy changing speeds just with a touch of + or - to set a new speed and then shoot.
The real big surprise was to discover that this is not the common way to shoot. Most used is the Advanced mode.

But come on Daystate...... advanced mode by setting a pressure - entering a pulse width and a voltage and then fiddle until the correct speed is reached.
I do not have to set my alarm clock at my bedside, by setting 1880 hz and 78 Voltage to get an alarm at 06:30 am

Personally I am proud of being a technical nerd - and I have a Red Wolf with Heliboard so I am OK with this.
But for some of you guyz who paid the biggest $ to get a rifle where you have seen on endless videos, where you enter the requested speed and then the "rifle figures out how to get the requested speed in 3 - 4 shots"
For many of you guys it must be even harder to understand the DW and AW than getting a FX Impact to shoot ok.

When you buy like Strelok Pro - all known Scopes and all known Pellets, Slugs are already preprogrammed.
Why Is it necessary to buy a Daystate programmer to add what we all need - Known good shooting pellets and slugs.

I will finish my settings and share the settings so you can copy into your rifle with the programmer.

I will also make a Youtube video showing how to add your own prefered pellets / slugs into your DW or AW rifle's Factory mode.

You will need to purchase or borrow a Daystate programmer, where you not only can Update the firmware, but you can add your custom settings for your own pellets or slugs too.

I only had my Delta Wolf rifle for a week now. So let me say that the Delta Wolf is growing on me.
Yesterday - It was so easy to test various speeds for the profiles where I noted "OK" I did not use advanced mode at all only shot via my Factory mode settings. And Yes it worked as good as you see in all videos. Totally without have to figure out anything with like 1850 Hz and 72.5 Voltage.

I may need to correct my most accurate speeds when shooting in less wind due to it was windy and the wind direction changed a lot to make it more difficult too.

But from a small country where spring is here and my Delta Wolf was performing well - There is light ahead.........

Best regards from Denmark
Deltawolf.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 457297

Im new here btw 👋.
Daam, Expensive picture to show- Now my Delta Wolf also needs long ones too :)

I might also add that the short barrels are very accurate! The longer barrels need a bit more speed to match accuracy because they are made different polygonal v ? @Franklink can chime in about this.
Imagine one gun that can be .177/.22/.25/.30 and tuned within 10 minutes once you get the routine down
I have done this with a Red Wolf 30 caliber with Helliboard, I have all four barrels and I am shooting slugs

Last edited: