• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Daystate Alpha and Delta Wolf moderator experiences?

Just wondering what owner's experiences with various moderators preferably sub 12 but in theory it shouldn't make any difference if subsonic, I have recently bought an AW and as usual made up a short mod and was surprised to find a big POI shift and inconsistencies, now I have made quite a few mods for myself and a few silenced shrouds for others with no major problem in POI poop etc and was interested to find if others have had similar POI problems from various mods and just what your opinions on the cause?

That sounds rather snotty in a way. Hopefully thats not how you intended it to be.

Its likely not the fact of no interest, but many to most that have a deltawolf dont have a sub 12 variant that you asked about
No, just surprised it didn't piqué anyone's interest, since 48 people bothered to look, but I guess you're right about not many sub 12 in the US and higher power is going to have its own set of variables, was just hoping for some views and feedback.

No, just surprised it didn't piqué anyone's interest, since 48 people bothered to look, but I guess you're right about not many sub 12 in the US and higher power is going to have its own set of variables, was just hoping for some views and feedback.
Its still possible and hopefully someone would give feedback.

Outside of WFTF and many springers, most in the states, especially with a rifle like this, will be over the 12fpe margin. In fact those restricted to sub 12fpe cant get the full benefits and use of rifles like these.

Reactions: Tricky-Dicky
I seem to see them paired with 0db moderators most often, not sure why that is.
My new Alpha Wolf Blue SE .30 cal came with a blue 0dB moderator. Not sure, but I wonder if there is some connection between Daystate and OdB. JUST getting to know it - waiting for the tank to come in from AoA (shipping issue). I honestly can't tell you how well the 0dB moderator works yet - but I wish the blue color matched the stock a little better. Never noticed that until someone pointed it out in a video, now I can't NOT see it.

My new Alpha Wolf Blue SE .30 cal came with a blue 0dB moderator. Not sure, but I wonder if there is some connection between Daystate and OdB. JUST getting to know it - waiting for the tank to come in from AoA (shipping issue). I honestly can't tell you how well the 0dB moderator works yet - but I wish the blue color matched the stock a little better. Never noticed that until someone pointed it out in a video, now I can't NOT see it.
I’ve heard that blue is particularly difficult for anodizing.

My Alphawolf is .177 cal 18” barrel <20 fpe tuned at 888 fps.
I use a variety of moderators to keep my neighbors happy.
Weihrauch, 0DB, Huma, Huggett, STO, Donny Fl, and none cause POI issues.
I always upsize one caliber.

It was sadly something I noticed in the pics and videos. I was hoping it wasn't as bad in person.

It was sadly something I noticed in the pics and videos. I was hoping it wasn't as bad in person.
I'm not sure I'd say it was "bad" - it just isn't the same blue. You could say the same thing about the red moderators - probably don't match the red stocks well either. I have to say it's growing on me. This gun is such an amazing piece of technology combined with the beautiful way they put it together, I'm not really complaining about that. As Scotty1 said, blue is likely difficult to anodize. If it bugs me after a while, I'll look at it in black, or switch brands. I was planning to buy the upgrade pack, which includes a black version of the silencer, but after talking with my sales person at AoA, she convinced me to go with an upgrade to the bipod, and I went with an upgraded adjustable butt pad that has an integrated adjustable bag rider. If I went with the upgrade pack, even though it had those things, it wasn't that great a value if I wanted to upgrade. The Accu-Tac BR-4 gen 2 bipod was a good call - I find it really easy and quick to use. They were out of the upgraded butt pad, so I don't know about that yet. I think the gun really needs that, though.

I'm not sure I'd say it was "bad" - it just isn't the same blue. You could say the same thing about the red moderators - probably don't match the red stocks well either. I have to say it's growing on me. This gun is such an amazing piece of technology combined with the beautiful way they put it together, I'm not really complaining about that. As Scotty1 said, blue is likely difficult to anodize. If it bugs me after a while, I'll look at it in black, or switch brands. I was planning to buy the upgrade pack, which includes a black version of the silencer, but after talking with my sales person at AoA, she convinced me to go with an upgrade to the bipod, and I went with an upgraded adjustable butt pad that has an integrated adjustable bag rider. If I went with the upgrade pack, even though it had those things, it wasn't that great a value if I wanted to upgrade. The Accu-Tac BR-4 gen 2 bipod was a good call - I find it really easy and quick to use. They were out of the upgraded butt pad, so I don't know about that yet. I think the gun really needs that, though.
Maybe get it powder coated to match. I cant imagine it would cost too much.

Nice to hear the feedback.

My solution to mods causing Poi shift was to make a silenced overshroud so now no Poi shift and a bit quieter.

L0I0VYq.jpg

I've heard that Daystate has some sort of stake in 0dB moderators. Ownership or maybe just a partnership, I'm not sure. Also not sure if that is a relatively new thing, or if they always have. I believe that is why they are occasionally including them as the mods for some of their packages/deals.

I was reluctant to try a 0dB for awhile, but after receiving one with my Hunstman Revere that came included free with the rifle from my dealer, I have been quite impressed. Build quality is great and the performance is right up there with the other big names, maybe even a bit superior to them in some regards.

Reactions: Centercut
Just wondering what owner's experiences with various moderators preferably sub 12 but in theory it shouldn't make any difference if subsonic, I have recently bought an AW and as usual made up a short mod and was surprised to find a big POI shift and inconsistencies, now I have made quite a few mods for myself and a few silenced shrouds for others with no major problem in POI poop etc and was interested to find if others have had similar POI problems from various mods and just what your opinions on the cause?
I shoot my Alphawolf @888 fps with jsb 10.34 and 13.4’s I have used a variety of moderators and they all work well in .177
I’ve pretty much tried all the commercially available ones