• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Daystate airwolf mct .25

I have this rifle for like 7 years I passed it to my nephew to use it, it started to leak air from the barrel, IT doesn’t hold air any more.. I already check fill port and any other places for possible leaks. Everything is fine except for the barrel leaking. Does anybody know how to fix it?? I know the problem is in the valve housing group but I don’t want to mess it up more lol..

download.png
275B56EE-674E-45E4-A06B-1940F832C59C.1605795590.jpeg

Apparently a specialized tool is required to disassemble it. Motorhead in Cali should be able to get it going for you. You should PM him here. If you are lucky and only have dust and or debris causing the valve leak you can try shooting couple hundred times quickly and it may fix itself. Should be quick since the trigger shoots like a semiauto and no need to load pellets just dry fire the hell out of it.

https://youtu.be/fPz6eOcG6kU

Apparently a specialized tool is required to disassemble it. Motorhead in Cali should be able to get it going for you. You should PM him here. If you are lucky and only have dust and or debris causing the valve leak you can try shooting couple hundred times quickly and it may fix itself. Should be quick since the trigger shoots like a semiauto and no need to load pellets just dry fire the hell out of it.

https://youtu.be/fPz6eOcG6kU

The problem is that he just have a hand pump so to do what you suggested is impossible because I doesn’t hold any air ..

Looks like no other choice but to send it to Motorhead or AOA. Not even a chance to even see if its minor to just try shooting it.

You need specialized tools to even get into it anyway. Just too bad no tank. Could have possibly saved round trip shipping and insurance and parts and labor that could have been unnecessary. You won't know until after the fact.

If the leak assessment is due to dust or debris maybe even moisture related then have him buy a tank for sure.

I would have him buy a tank anyway to fill it after this.

Thanks for the shout out ...

In recent years ALL the Daystates I've been into are using similar Poppet / Seat architecture. They are utilizing a one piece STEEL poppet that passes threw a "Frisbee disk" seat made from PEEK. Around the O.D. of this seat disk is a POLY o-ring. The disk by design is free floating radially against the throat side of valve housing. When this o-ring hardens and takes a set over time it can no longer seal & must be replaced.

This would be IMO the ONLY way in these rifles one could have an air leak out the barrel.

Scott S

Motorheads AG Tuning Services

Thanks for the shout out ...

In recent years ALL the Daystates I've been into are using similar Poppet / Seat architecture. They are utilizing a one piece STEEL poppet that passes threw a "Frisbee disk" seat made from PEEK. Around the O.D. of this seat disk is a POLY o-ring. The disk by design is free floating radially against the throat side of valve housing. When this o-ring hardens and takes a set over time it can no longer seal & must be replaced.

This would be IMO the ONLY way in these rifles one could have an air leak out the barrel. Do you know where I can buy that o’ring ? And do I need special tools to take the valve housing apart? Thank you for you help 

Scott S

Motorheads AG Tuning Services

Biggest issue typically with any BOTTLE gun is getting the bottle off. On Air Wolfs the bottle must come off to access the screws of housing getting access to internals of the valve housing.

Sadly don't now the o-rings size specs .... Having 1000's of o-rings on hand I simply match-em-up when replacing. It is a METRIC o-ring and is Urethane ( Tho Buna-n will work, just won't last as long )

Scott S

Biggest issue typically with any BOTTLE gun is getting the bottle off. On Air Wolfs the bottle must come off to access the screws of housing getting access to internals of the valve housing.

Sadly don't now the o-rings size specs .... Having 1000's of o-rings on hand I simply match-em-up when replacing. It is a METRIC o-ring and is Urethane ( Tho Buna-n will work, just won't last as long )

Scott S

Thank you I got the bottle off years ago when I traveled and then put it together..I’m just concerned about the valve housing itself because somebody says that special tool is needed to take it apart.. for the o’ring AOA should know the size I’ll call them.. thank you very much