Daystate Airgunner's Support Pack

There's a recent interesting post, with almost 600 views already, concerning FX Marketing. I've seen comments that have led me to believe that a lot of shooters may think FX is the only company that loans out airguns for testing, or for competition, for hunting, or for general use to provide feedback to the manufacturer and to promote the product. I can tell you that while FX is doing a great job of getting out their gospel, other manufacturers are also doing similar programs. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-marketing/

Take Daystate-Brocock-MTC for example. If you've watched any videos, or attended any major competitions in the past two years, you had to have noticed all the red "Wolf Pack" Daystate Team shirts, and shooters with their Red Wolf guns. Fact is though, that they don't want just Pros that have a chance to win, they want the opinion of Sportsmen also who would be a good ambassador to the brand... I was sent the letter below, and encouraged to share this over social media. As generous as their offer is, I've decided not to contract with Daystate for the ASP, but I have committed to giving my opinion and/or assist in testing of Daystate-Brocock rifles, and MTC Optics. This means I may, or may not shoot Daystate products in competition. I'm free to shoot whatever I feel gives me the best chance to win.

In fact, I have a .30 Daystate Safari in my home right now, and I'll be putting it through its paces over the next couple of months. I'm going to take it bench shooting, but also hunting in my permissions for ground squirrels, and it'll be over 100 yards this time of year. Pellets, slugs, etc will all be tried out in both calm and windy conditions. If I put this gun next to my tried and true .30 FX Bobcat Mk2 in windy conditions, I'll tell you which one I think performs better. I honestly don't want to shoot a replacement for the trusty Cat, but if the Safari is better you can bet that's what I'll show up with at the next major 100 yard tournament. And I'll tell you straight up. This will be in January, since the next month and a half I'll have little time to shoot.

Below is the letter from Tony B. at Daystate. 

Hi Mike,

I am delighted to tell you that your application to join the next phase of our Airgunners’ Support Pack has been approved, and we would like you to become a brand ambassador for our three companies of Daystate, Brocock and MTC Optics.

I have pleasure in attaching a contract of agreement between us. I would ask you to examine the contract and, if you agree, please sign and return by email.

Please feel free to show this letter of engagement to your friends and share this good news on social media. We will do the same by announcing your name and country (but not any other details which will remain confidential) on our own social media networks.

I understand that Robert from AofA is visiting and he can also discuss this with you. Should any of your details change or you no longer wish to be included in ASP, please would you be kind enough to let me know.

Again, congratulations and I very much look forward to working together over the coming months and hopefully seeing you in the spring of next year here at the factory.

Regards,

Tony

https://daystate.com/asp/

P.S., my trip for two to the Daystate Factory and choice of any Daystate rifle (my prize for winning EBR Sportsman Class) is currently scheduled for 25-26 March 2020. I think Nicolay (the Pro winner at EBR) will be there also those same days.

Team Centercut

1574387839_12738367125dd7407f474db0.05590266_07FD8653-F223-4791-978C-1BEF77587FE2.jpeg

@longbrownbox Not sure yet which I’ll get. Waiting until after Shot Show and IWA to see if they have anything new. 
@mtnghost if you come to San Diego you can shoot it as much as you want. My range only goes to 95 yards... about the electronics. I’m sure your car has lots of electronics and you don’t drive a 1960 Chevy Apache? You trust the electronics in your car? In your TV? In your phone and laptop? It’s technical progress. People hated CDs when they first came out and said they’d never replace vinyl records. You should really see how smooth and easy the cocking is on the Safari, plus the trigger is total match grade. Try it, you’ll like it... ;)

@longbrownbox Not sure yet which I’ll get. Waiting until after Shot Show and IWA to see if they have anything new. 
@mtnghost if you come to San Diego you can shoot it as much as you want. My range only goes to 95 yards... about the electronics. I’m sure your car has lots of electronics and you don’t drive a 1960 Chevy Apache? You trust the electronics in your car? In your TV? In your phone and laptop? It’s technical progress. People hated CDs when they first came out and said they’d never replace vinyl records. You should really see how smooth and easy the cocking is on the Safari, plus the trigger is total match grade. Try it, you’ll like it... ;)

Haha I know what you're saying. The future is wide open for technical advancement using electronics in airguns, and there's no doubt in my mind that Daystate leads that vertical. 

As for me, I spent most of my career as senior-level tech / infosec engineer and solutions architect, and hardware hacking consumed more of my off time than I'd care to add up with solder scars to prove it. I've just developed mental complexes for anything with a battery and circuit when there's a mechanical alternative that I enjoy for better or worse (e.g. I bought a late model TJ Rubicon when I could have got a new JK/JL for mechanical simplicities lol). 

Putting my personal shortcomings aside, there is a relevant question that I haven't had an answer to with the Daystate rifles - and that is how they hold up in a climate like the outdoors here in the PNW. I never got a response on the ingress protection rating for moisture and dust.. both are elements that I'm hyper aware of when I'm taking my PCPs out to hunt or target shoot. My pattern of shooting BTW, never involves public ranges - I have gravitated towards EDguns as better overall fits for my environment (and mechanical simplicity). It just translates to my peace if mind and having a good time with one of my favorite hobbies. 

I make a decent living and all, the RWs/Safari aren't out of my reach, and they are on my radar - I'm just wired to be skeptical when I don't have enough information to be confident in the reliability for my individual use case (if that makes sense). 

Happy T-Day!