• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate 303 bolt

Anyone familiar with Daystate actions?

I just got a new Daystate 303. I haven't charged it with air yet and I was attempting to pull the bolt back but encounter a stiff resistance when I open the bolt about 3/4 inches? ... need another 3/4" movement aft to insert the magazine. I tried both positions of the safety but I keep hitting a springy stop when the bolt is about half way back and don't want to force it. Could there be a sticky detent that just needs to break-in or does it need some charge pressure in the system for the bolt and trigger mechanism to set properly? Thanks

Thanks. I will charge it when I get my compressor in a couple of weeks and see how things work. If the trigger and bolt mechanism are charge dependent they should put a note in the front section of their manual about it. It seems to be a really nice gun. I hate sending items like this back to the seller. The seller was ctico.com but it looks like they just drop shipped it because is has an Airguns of Arizona shipping sticker on the box. The reason I didn't initially order this gun from AoA is because they stated on their website that they pull the sound suppressors from their airguns before shipping(?) and ctico.com does not. I will try calling AoA and see what they say.

I just got a new Daystate 303. I haven’t charged it with air yet and I was attempting to pull the bolt back but encounter a stiff resistance when I open the bolt about 3/4 inches? … need another 3/4″ movement aft to insert the magazine. I tried both positions of the safety but I keep hitting a springy stop when the bolt is about half way back and don’t want to force it. Could there be a sticky detent that just needs to break-in or does it need some charge pressure in the system for the bolt and trigger mechanism to set properly? Thanks

They have a strong hammer spring in them. Air Ranger is the same way, need to cock it like a man. That said the hammer spring May need trimming. But it has nothing to do with air, it is a completely mechanical system. Your hammer is just not catching the top sear, you are not cocking the gun. :)

So fill it up cock, put the mag in and you should be fine. As time goes yes, hammer spring will break in, it will get smoother to cock the gun. Shortening a hammer spring by a coil or two can also work, but may lead to slight power loss.

Wolverine 303 is build like a tank, impossible to break that rifle. What you really have is an Air Ranger - Huntsman platform build on 1 piece block. Something people wanted Daystate to do for years. So they are an improved version of their Air Ranger line made even better. The wood stock is phenomenal.

If they dress this platform in a bullpup design, that will be a home run gun. Heaving an option of a regulated 303 can also make some folks happy. And Give this gun more consistency, and more shots per fill.